Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814940 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #10230 on: April 10, 2012, 04:23:01 pm »

Yeah, I believe there is a guide on the Aurora forums as well. Lemme see if I can't dig it up.

Ed: Yeah, it is incredibly simple.

1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Clock, Language, and Region
3. Region and Language
4. Formats tab
5. Additional Settings button
6. Find the decimal separator line and change it.

You'll probably also want to change the digit grouping symbol and change it to ','.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:29:38 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10231 on: April 11, 2012, 02:56:01 am »

Sounds good, Ill try that when I get home.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: April 11, 2012, 08:39:59 am »

Well that was probably because 64bit win7. O hai, new problems.
In class design screen, doubleclicking items in design view causes errors 381, 3078 and 91 five times. Then I pressed "NPR class" for fun and the game crashed.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

EDIT: I'm making account to the forums so I can report this. Can't think of anything else to do now.

EDIT2: I forgot to chance my system language to english. Testing again->
EDIT3: Nah, changing everyting to english didnt help at all. I'll wait for my account to be verified so I can post to the forums.  ::)

Hey, that happend to me too, are you talking about the 5.60? (i think that thats my version).

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10233 on: April 11, 2012, 09:04:33 am »

Yeah thats the newest version that I was trying.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: April 11, 2012, 01:00:23 pm »

Yeah thats the newest version that I was trying.

I have that happen too, but for me they didnt stop and after a while it became an infinite error 91, then some other error 3xxx when i closed the windows.
Happend when i clicked fuel tanker at class screen and the refresh all button.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: April 11, 2012, 02:16:15 pm »

Doing a search on the official forums, let me guys ask you a question:

Did you create a new ship class (see bottom-left of the Class Design window) before pressing any buttons?

Because I think I might have just replicated your problems since I got the same errors and a crash.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:19:40 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10236 on: April 11, 2012, 02:25:30 pm »

Wow. I pressed "new" and now it no longer crashes. I can press "npr class" "new armor" and add some parts that used to crash the game, give errors or create infinite loops. Perhaps this is going to work after all. And I didnt even change decimal separator.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10237 on: April 11, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »

Probably you had not yet created a hull and were trying to add parts to nothing which gave it fits.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: April 11, 2012, 02:31:57 pm »

Yeah.

The problem was that the game did not have a class selected when a new game is created (hence the name "Text1" for the non-existent class). And as a result, when you tried to do something to that non-existent class, the game gets confused and thus spits out errors at you.

The crash is a more serious version of it.

Edit: Ninja.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10239 on: April 11, 2012, 02:59:59 pm »

Perhaps now I can get to play this thing, thank you!  ;)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: April 13, 2012, 08:37:52 pm »

Big changes to engine design for the next release. Have ships powered by one giant engine instead of 100 smaller ones!

But yeah, it might be a few weeks or months until 5.7 gets released.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: April 13, 2012, 09:21:40 pm »

Multi-engine fighters makes me really happy. I've always found it annoying that you have to choose between payload and speed, when every other ship is a payload/speed/cost, pick two deal. Elite heavy fighters! :D

Shame it'll be a while, since I really want to try it out now... but that's okay. Between this and a colonizable moon, 5.7 removes my two biggest disappointments in Aurora.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: April 13, 2012, 09:35:23 pm »

Does the newest version have native re-sizable window support, or are you still forced to use that extra program? ResizeEnable doesn't agree with my computer very well, so I haven't played Aurora in months :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: April 13, 2012, 09:45:41 pm »

Nope, just the same reduced height windows that have been there for a while. I think it's basically impossible to make resizeable windows in VB6, so you'll have to wait 10 years for Aurora II.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: April 13, 2012, 10:45:37 pm »

Multi-engine fighters makes me really happy. I've always found it annoying that you have to choose between payload and speed, when every other ship is a payload/speed/cost, pick two deal. Elite heavy fighters! :D

Shame it'll be a while, since I really want to try it out now... but that's okay. Between this and a colonizable moon, 5.7 removes my two biggest disappointments in Aurora.

On the plus side, yeah, you'll be able to overengine your fighters.

On the downside, I suspect it will be a lot less practical; one of the big strengths of fighters/FACs was that they could get a good speed for very low engine tonnage. Now they'll need to devote more engine tonnage to get the same speed.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1347