Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2815124 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #10215 on: April 08, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »

Well, if that's the case, perhaps the only thing that you can do is manually edit the database or get someone else (like Steve) to manually edit the database or something. Or go on a mad scouting spree and delete the system.

Though it might not be worth it to try and save the game, since 5.70 isn't too far from being released.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: April 08, 2012, 11:44:12 pm »

Geological survey teams got changed. Now they just have one chance to uncover new deposits (though multiple minerals can be generated).
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: April 09, 2012, 12:08:27 am »

I can't wait for 5.7. Just a few weeks ago I was thinking how cool it would be if Aurora had trojan asteroids, and Steve suddenly adds them.

Sol will finally be interesting enough to me that I'd be willing to play in it, meaning starting a new game won't involve the soul crushing amounts of system generation to find something neat that it currently does, which I'm also looking forward to.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: April 09, 2012, 08:47:34 am »

Huh. Yeah, 5.7 looks like a real update (last couple have seemed a bit thin on features).

Definitely showing some love to the folks who want to do multiplayer Earth-based.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: April 09, 2012, 09:37:00 am »

Does the Industrial percentage and wealth creation in the game creation window affect a starting AI's economy, or only the players?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10220 on: April 09, 2012, 12:01:12 pm »

Does the Industrial percentage and wealth creation in the game creation window affect a starting AI's economy, or only the players?

I believe that only effects your empire. The difficulty modifier is what effects NPR's.

Steve has just added three new orders, "Load/Unload Minerals to Reserve Level", "Load/Unload Fuel (To Set Level)" and "Load/Unload Supplies (To Set Level)". These let you set up automated distribution systems, that you should not need to keep issuing orders for.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: April 09, 2012, 04:15:13 pm »

I need to stop drooling over these updates...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10222 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:24 pm »

F9  doesnt work, and when I try to install the dll it says that it "failed to load". Eh.

Any protips?

EDIT; I moved the file to SysWoW64 and now I got new error:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One does not simply install aurora.

PROBLEM SOLVED WOOOO!

All I had to do was to install this completely unrelatd random program to get the dll file I was missing. Simple shutdown timer I love you, even if I have no idea what you are.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:55:29 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: April 10, 2012, 12:34:31 pm »

Hm, the tutorials arent all updated, so i kind of stopped :(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10224 on: April 10, 2012, 01:31:27 pm »

I cant find way to promote civilian administrator to governor of my starting planet. I have list of 4 of who 3 have eligibility but I dont see way to actually choose them to office.

EDIT: Hmm so I pressed "add extra" and now I got tons of more folk. Was that a cheating button? Oh well...
EDIT: I can edit personality traits too? How weird to have cheats here like that...
EDIT: Finally got it with assign button though it still says "unassigned".
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:40:30 pm by Johuotar »
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: April 10, 2012, 02:00:11 pm »

You can certainly change those if you're playing in SM mode. That's designed with a bunch of extra features for third parties who are managing multiplayer games (and for people who want to set up unique situations).

Incidentally, I have never had any issues with installation. As long as you read the prompts and don't overwrite your dll files with the older versions included in the download, there shouldn't be any problems, to my knowledge.

3. Run Resize Enable

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10226 on: April 10, 2012, 02:15:39 pm »

Well that was probably because 64bit win7. O hai, new problems.
In class design screen, doubleclicking items in design view causes errors 381, 3078 and 91 five times. Then I pressed "NPR class" for fun and the game crashed.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

EDIT: I'm making account to the forums so I can report this. Can't think of anything else to do now.

EDIT2: I forgot to chance my system language to english. Testing again->
EDIT3: Nah, changing everyting to english didnt help at all. I'll wait for my account to be verified so I can post to the forums.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:46:26 pm by Johuotar »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:25 pm »

I'm on 64bit win7 as well.

Say... are you in a country where ',' is the decimal seperator, rather than '.'? I know that can cause a number of issues.

3. Run Resize Enable

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10228 on: April 10, 2012, 03:45:34 pm »

Yes I am, thats why I tried to change system langue and other region settings I could find to American English. Didnt seem to help.

Edit: I tried that after installing, perhaps it should be done before installing. Well Im off to sleep now, I'll worry about that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:50:23 pm by Johuotar »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: April 10, 2012, 04:02:01 pm »

Mm, I know that in Windows 7 64-bit you can set the decimal separator independent of the language, but that's my work computer that's at work. If you can't find it, (or someone with Windows 7 can't give you the steps to get to it), I'll write a step guide to find and change the separator value tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1347