Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2820112 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #7800 on: October 29, 2011, 02:11:06 pm »

control panel -> clock language and region > change the date time or number format > change the format to english
Yep its set to English (United States)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7801 on: October 29, 2011, 02:12:20 pm »

on that page open up the additional settings and check the decimal seperator is a period and the number grouping is a comma
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: October 29, 2011, 02:13:48 pm »

on that page open up the additional settings and check the decimal seperator is a period and the number grouping is a comma
Its all set up exactly like that.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7803 on: October 29, 2011, 02:17:53 pm »

Sounds like you may be having database corruption then. If you remebered to keep a backup of the original database try replacing the current one with that. Otherwiseyou will probably need to ask over on the aurora forum.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: October 29, 2011, 02:31:19 pm »

Those strange aliens that do nothing but survey Sol have given me trade access. It got me thinking, it would be pretty interesting if some high explosive/dangerous bug "accidently" got stuck in a cargo vessel heading for the alien system. Inter-galactic terrorism ftw.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: October 29, 2011, 02:38:34 pm »

Those strange aliens that do nothing but survey Sol have given me trade access. It got me thinking, it would be pretty interesting if some high explosive/dangerous bug "accidently" got stuck in a cargo vessel heading for the alien system. Inter-galactic terrorism ftw.

"What do you mean, this million ton monstrosity looks like a warship/carrier?  Those turrets are for decoration, it's clearly just a freighter."
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: October 29, 2011, 02:47:47 pm »

You might could hide some fighters inside of them, and then .... booom .... sudden destruction of unaware ships.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: October 29, 2011, 03:20:43 pm »

Q-ships are the greatest!

I think I might need to actually build asteroid miners... One of my systems has something like 22 comets in it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: October 29, 2011, 04:37:48 pm »

Guys, theres a Stable Wormhole in a system next to Sol.. should I be worried? Whats it do o.O
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: October 29, 2011, 04:41:38 pm »

Prepare for Invaders, that's all I can say. Abandon the system, defend the Jump Point to it with the best you've got. The Invaders are the toughest special NPR around I believe.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: October 29, 2011, 04:47:57 pm »

Oh, so its THOSE guys.   Great.  Here I am barely starting to explore the systems around me. 

Well, I'll station the survey cruiser that found the system not far from the Sol Jump Point in that system, hopefully he can spot anything before they get to Sol, even if he dies in the process.

When I first found it, I flew him near the wormhole, but nothing on thermal or EM showed up.  I figured it wasn't anything special at the time..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:51:32 pm by Crustypeanut »

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: October 29, 2011, 04:49:58 pm »

Literally all you can do is hold the line until the wormhole closes. 

There is no way to stop them coming through, the best you can hope for is stop them after they are through.

I havent even played a game with workholes active yet, it's not exactly a good idea when you are still new to the game like me.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: October 29, 2011, 04:53:27 pm »

I haven't dealt with Invaders yet (Or the Precursor, and Swarm for a matter of fact) though can I enable them later in my game, and have them appear.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: October 29, 2011, 04:53:53 pm »

Well I'll probably be fucked, as I have no space-bound military yet.  All my ships are either freighter, colony ships, or survey ships.  My homeworld is well defended with various missile and meson based PDC's, though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: October 29, 2011, 05:11:19 pm »

I colonized Luna as 0.0 cost, but not with humans.  I used gene mods to reduce the gravity tolerance, and heavily terraformed gases to allow breathable atmosphere and heat.  Took hella long time, but I go some Moninites successfully living on a 0.0 cost Luna.  By that time my auto-miners had stripped it bare, though.

Someone set up a colony on Luna using a high training rate ground commander, so all the troops training there got a boost to training speed.  Not a bad idea...
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1347