Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2820591 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #7230 on: October 06, 2011, 11:23:28 am »

It's right there in one of the dropdown menus.

You might need to upgrade, but I highly doubt it.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: October 06, 2011, 12:22:16 pm »

It's right there in one of the dropdown menus.
"Game Parameters", to be exact.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: October 06, 2011, 11:45:20 pm »

Quick question: I found some compressed fuel storages in some ruins, so naturally, I disassembled them to get the tech points. However, I don't see the technology listed anywhere on my research screens as an option. Whereabouts might this technology be listed, or did the RP just vanish into thin air?

Edit: Another one. In my current game, I entered a system and found some aliens, who promptly vaporized my survey ship. After trying to communicate, my people eventually gave up and concluded that they were too alien to talk to. I just got a notification that they gave me trade rights. Is this a bug?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:47:52 pm by LostCosmonaut »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: October 06, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »

Quick question: I found some compressed fuel storages in some ruins, so naturally, I disassembled them to get the tech points. However, I don't see the technology listed anywhere on my research screens as an option. Whereabouts might this technology be listed, or did the RP just vanish into thin air?
I believe you'll have to disassemble enough to 'research' it. I don't think it'll ever appear in the research screens, you'll just have to keep dissembling the fuel storage until the research points you get from doing so are enough to research the tech (don't ask the exact cost of the tech, I have no idea). Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: October 07, 2011, 12:06:57 am »

You can't see it because compressed fuel tanks cannot be normally researched, but the research points from disassembly should show up if you look at all techs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: October 07, 2011, 12:09:42 am »

The same should also apply to the initial tech for certain other things.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: October 07, 2011, 12:36:40 am »

It shows up in the list of all techs, but it doesn't show any indication that research points have been applied to it. Looks the same as all the other spoiler techs like plasma torpedoes.

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: October 07, 2011, 01:32:56 am »

If I'm recalling correctly, the tech points only get applied to the body that the parts were disassembled on. Now, if you had disassembled them on Earth and still are having that issue, I've got no clue.

Pretty sure a failure to communicate doesn't force relations to remain hostile, it simply means that you'll be lacking the rather significant bonus that communication applies to relation improvement.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: October 07, 2011, 01:35:17 am »

"...Too alien" usually means they're precursors, but sometimes you just get really bad luck with communication or your diplomacy skill really, really blows.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: October 07, 2011, 01:37:28 am »

I don't think things can get "too alien" just from being hostile, can they?

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: October 07, 2011, 02:14:18 am »

Well, they didn't blow up my survey ship immediately upon entering their system, they actually waited a few days. After playing some more, they've decided to start giving me geosurvey data. Not sure yet whether I want to invade them or not. Just found the swarm too, so I have to deal with that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7241 on: October 07, 2011, 08:28:23 am »

Well, they didn't blow up my survey ship immediately upon entering their system, they actually waited a few days. After playing some more, they've decided to start giving me geosurvey data. Not sure yet whether I want to invade them or not. Just found the swarm too, so I have to deal with that.
How strange.

"Hey, an alien ship! Oh no! Let's wait a while to see what they do."

-A few days pass-

"Hey let's blow up that alien ship now!"

-Some more time passes-

"Hey remember those guys who we murdered for no reason? Let's send them geosurvey data on our moons! That will really confuse them."

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: October 07, 2011, 11:12:18 am »

Pretty sure that your presence in a system that they control reduces your DR ever so slightly. That reduction could've been enough to trigger a hostile action despite ongoing diplomacy.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: October 07, 2011, 04:53:23 pm »

Pretty sure that your presence in a system that they control reduces your DR ever so slightly. That reduction could've been enough to trigger a hostile action despite ongoing diplomacy.
You are correct sir. Well, at least for Neutral or Enemy empires.

Quote from: Steve
During the 5-day increment, NPRs will deduct points for any alien ships they detect on active sensors in systems in which they have a population. The deduction is equal to 10% of contact size. So a 5000 ton ship (size 100) would cause an instant 10 point deduction. For the purposes of this rule, they will ignore freighters if a trade treaty is in effect and they will ignore ships from Empires they class as Friendly or Allied.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: October 07, 2011, 05:23:57 pm »

So wait, there are people who have broken out of the habit of automatically stomping everything that isn't theirs? Because I still do that, if only because it is easier to wipe a population than work around them...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1347