Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2808533 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #6855 on: September 14, 2011, 02:14:09 pm »

If your problem is oversized windows, there is an option to reduce them.
:o
Where? Where?

On the main game bar: Game Parameters > Reduced Windows.

If that doesn't work, there is a program called ResizeEnable that is probably linked in this thread (otherwise google it) that is free, is not nagware, and is basically a rough hack that lets you resize any window. Between those two the game is playable on my craptop 1024x768 screen.

Edit: Darn space ninjas

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: September 14, 2011, 02:19:05 pm »

If your problem is oversized windows, there is an option to reduce them.
:o
Where? Where?

On the main game bar: Game Parameters > Reduced Windows.

If that doesn't work, there is a program called ResizeEnable that is probably linked in this thread (otherwise google it) that is free, is not nagware, and is basically a rough hack that lets you resize any window. Between those two the game is playable on my craptop 1024x768 screen.

Edit: Darn space ninjas
Yup.

Anyways, I'll look up the ResizeEnable, as Reduced Windows don't do shit. ReducedWindows lets me resize the window, but I'd have to have a bigger (See: Massive) moniter to matter.

EDIT: Wait, does it RESIZE the window, or change the size of the game itself? If it's the window, then it won't help. If only there was a scroll bar in the game...

Ktalyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: September 14, 2011, 02:30:54 pm »

Hmm...Space ninjas...
Maybe I should design a new ultra fast ship with crazy ECM and cloaking and a powerful short-ranged weapon, just for fun

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: September 14, 2011, 02:35:51 pm »

Tried that, was awesome! Cloaking, thermal reduction, high-speed, particle beams/lasers/mesons...

You can get so close so quickly, and by the time they see you, they've already got holes in their armor.

My FAVORITE trick is a hyper-quick engine-destroyer. :) Zoom in, microwave their electronics, zoom out. Then, send in the capital ships to bomb the immobilized hull to the brink of annihilation.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: September 14, 2011, 02:48:22 pm »

Tried that, was awesome! Cloaking, thermal reduction, high-speed, particle beams/lasers/mesons...

You can get so close so quickly, and by the time they see you, they've already got holes in their armor.

My FAVORITE trick is a hyper-quick engine-destroyer. :) Zoom in, microwave their electronics, zoom out. Then, send in the capital ships to bomb the immobilized hull to the brink of annihilation.
Do immobilized ships' crew start starving to death? If so, you could let them starve out, then take over the ship!

BANZAIIIIIIIIIIII

Ktalyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: September 14, 2011, 02:49:24 pm »

Ok, that sounds really awesome ( Here I come, photonic drive! )

EDIT: Oh, that's really long to get... Here I come, SM cheats !

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: September 14, 2011, 02:50:40 pm »

Ok, that sounds really awesome ( Here I come, photonic drive! )
Yes, it does.

I think of awesome ways to kill people in any scenario. Even with microwaves in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:46 pm »

EDIT: Wait, does it RESIZE the window, or change the size of the game itself? If it's the window, then it won't help. If only there was a scroll bar in the game...
The Reduced Height mode resizes the windows to be shorter.

Resize Enable lets you resize windows that normally are locked at a certain size, such as the Aurora windows.

Do immobilized ships' crew start starving to death?
I don't think so.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: September 14, 2011, 03:15:14 pm »

Necro, what exactly is wrong with your reduced size window? It works perfectly fine with me.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: September 14, 2011, 03:22:37 pm »

Necro, what exactly is wrong with your reduced size window? It works perfectly fine with me.
The aurora game is too big for the window, so I'd need to make the window supermassive to see all the buttons. But my monitor isn't the size of a fridge, so I can't see it.

When I use reduced size window, then it just lets me resize the window. It doesn't reduce the size of the game.

Do immobilized ships' crew start starving to death?
I don't think so.
Daw.

Ok then, lets all just bring in a ship that fires one massive missile at them, as they have no defenses. It'll probably just blow the damn ship in half.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: September 14, 2011, 04:53:01 pm »

What's your monitor's maximum resolution? window reduction will help some, but if you're stuck with 800x600 I can't imagine anything making it possible to play.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: September 14, 2011, 05:03:22 pm »

What's your monitor's maximum resolution? window reduction will help some, but if you're stuck with 800x600 I can't imagine anything making it possible to play.
My current resolution is 1360x768. How's that?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: September 14, 2011, 05:08:08 pm »

It shrunk the interface enough to fit in the window for me at that resolution, so I don't think that is the problem.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: September 14, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »

It shrunk the interface enough to fit in the window for me at that resolution, so I don't think that is the problem.
Window reduction didn't reduce the window at all, it just enabled resizing. Resizing doesn't help when the application is bigger than your screen  :'(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: September 14, 2011, 05:37:50 pm »

Huh? I'm running Aurora on a laptop using reduced-size windows, and it works fine. I can't resize any of the windows, but the UI gets compressed enough to fit on lower resolutions.

Worst-case scenario, you have to move the window around to click a button at the very bottom. Otherwise everything is cool.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 1347