Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809149 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5805 on: August 20, 2011, 03:46:59 pm »

If you have any unwanted parts/missiles, scrap them (NOT disassemble). You won't get much out of it, but it'll be more than what you have.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: August 20, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »

Steve once showed a screenshot where the civvies provided 50%of his income, but 15% is already good.

Mostly appoint your best wealth creation administrators to your biggest colony. They can boost, your wealth by as much as 30%.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: August 20, 2011, 03:50:26 pm »

Financial centers! duh, I completely forgot those existed, thanks! They don't seem to add very much (like ~50 spacebucks per year) but I guess I can just built a crapton of them since they build reasonably fast (earth sure has enough unemployed people to run them all).

Is there an easier way to build a civilian spaceport on my colonies, other then setting my mass driver on earth to randomly fling every mineral over there, ship over a bunch of factories, build it, then fling the factories and excess minerals back to earth? That sounds... tedious. I've got a few of those cargo loading modules on all my freighters (civ designs too) so I guess they load decently quickly already so maybe I don't really need to worry about it though?

Zangi - I'd already cut the military/exploration expenditures to zero as well as reducing my research budget significantly, stopping all production, and setting civ complexes to all sell minerals just to get a slight positive to try and balance the books :( Don't ask me how I got in this situation, I forgot I even had to worry about money at all since it's not very noticeable.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 20, 2011, 03:54:21 pm »

A Financial center add as much money as a million people.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 20, 2011, 03:57:43 pm »

...You can change your budget on things, or are you just saying that and you mean reduce active research?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 20, 2011, 03:58:26 pm »

A Financial center add as much money as a million people.
Keep in mind that financial centers employ people... make sure you have the spare population to work there... or will be enough people...  (That is if I remember correctly...)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: August 20, 2011, 04:04:15 pm »

...You can change your budget on things, or are you just saying that and you mean reduce active research?

If you mean me, I just paused all my researches except the 20% extra taxes one :D

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 20, 2011, 04:32:46 pm »

I think stopping things such as mining and fuel refining (in the industry section) can also help.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: August 20, 2011, 04:55:43 pm »

I think stopping things such as mining and fuel refining (in the industry section) can also help.

I'm pretty sure neither mining nor fuel refining cost money.

What are your major expenses?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5814 on: August 20, 2011, 05:07:55 pm »

I'm pretty sure neither mining nor fuel refining cost money.

What are your major expenses?

research.
stop it.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: August 20, 2011, 05:41:22 pm »

Well I've solved my problem by building financial centers.

300 financial centers later and I can run all my industry and research labs and still have a (very slight) profit.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 20, 2011, 05:45:20 pm »

Dunno why, but I rarely have problems with money. I run research, mining, industry, and (until sorium on Earth empties out) fuel refining full-tilt, and the only thing that stops me is mineral shortages.  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 20, 2011, 05:51:53 pm »

I rarely do also. I currently have a million wealth in the bank with Earth's industry (plus all sorts of mining colonies) and 120 research labs running full-force.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: August 20, 2011, 06:59:13 pm »

I usually have a Down-up economy: When starting the game, my economy usually goes straight to crashing. Later, it recovers enough that I doubt even running it at full force would be able to stop it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 20, 2011, 07:00:43 pm »

I never regard my wealth when I do anything and I can still keep positive figures at base difficulty with everything moving full-force.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1347