Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809330 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5730 on: August 10, 2011, 10:20:49 am »

No NPRs can survive for decades. They all give in to the Great Duranium Crunch before that.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: August 11, 2011, 10:24:46 pm »

So a guy on the forums is wondering whether or not civilian owned ships get the magical refit when the ship's class is modified, and I'm wondering too, when you change a class of ship and civilians own them, do the civilians get changed instantly too?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh man, I think my bookkeepers for the stockpiles just had an orgasm. Gotta get the geoteam there quick...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:28:05 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: August 11, 2011, 10:31:09 pm »

Hey, guys, 5.52 has been released.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,3930.msg0/topicseen.html#new

It fixes several bugs. It will not effect save games. I highly suggest grabbing it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: August 11, 2011, 10:35:47 pm »

Yes, my favorite part being the geosurvey team no-experience bug being fixed.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5734 on: August 12, 2011, 02:12:02 am »

ehi question:

why does my planet earth has not marked the incoming tons of stuff from the mass drivers from around the universe? >.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: August 12, 2011, 02:17:11 am »

Um, what? Say again? I'm sorry, but you worded that so poorly (at least for me) that I could take the question multiple ways.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: August 12, 2011, 03:54:04 am »

It only shows the incoming packet from the last few days or something.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5737 on: August 12, 2011, 04:39:42 am »

sheb got it right.
i have mass drivers all around sol system who send packets to earth.
but since i go from 30 days to 30 days, it seems i always miss the days they arrive (i just wanted to check them actually coming)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: August 13, 2011, 08:14:36 am »

Also, mass drivers only transport minerals in-system.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: August 13, 2011, 04:46:54 pm »

What, second page? This thread must live!

With the new version, I've started a new campaign where I'm not using any missiles; both to increase the difficulty and to simplify logistics.

I've learned a lot about beam warship design from the experience (for instance, It seems that power to capacitors is evenly split between weapons, even if some weapons are already full; I had planned for ships that could only fire their PD *or* their anti-ship beams to save space on power plants, but that class was a disastrous failure), and it turns out that a purely beam armed fleet has massive point defense capability. The only time missiles ever managed to hit my ships was when the precursors resorted to firing 52 missile salvos of 50,000+ km/s antimissiles at my ship, and even then I was completely swatting some of the salvos. Admitedly all I've fought so far are precursors and an NPR with laughably low tech (their ships had half the speed of mine), and only one ship loss ever when I stumbled into range of a beam armed planetary fortress by mismanaging the time settings.

I didn't want to build fleets for every colony though, so I decided to try planetary fighter bases. After some early experimenting with carriers I decided to stick with heavy battlegroups for mobile forces, though, and other than one obsolete old carrier for transporting fighters to new colonies my fleet is exclusively beam armed heavy cruisers.

If you're curious, long and detailed schematics in the spoiler block!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:19:19 pm by Bremen »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5740 on: August 13, 2011, 05:08:04 pm »

can someone tell me how to actually make sorium harvester ships DO THEIR jobs?
i have ship A with sorium harvester on.
it trasmits fuel from the gas to itself...but how do i give it to a colony? (when i try to dump 90% into a colony, it just goes there and waits)

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:27 pm »

it trasmits fuel from the gas to itself...but how do i give it to a colony? (when i try to dump 90% into a colony, it just goes there and waits)

I think there's a contingency order that's something like "unload 90% fuel at nearest colony and return". Try setting that to Contingency: Fuel full or whatever and see if it works.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5742 on: August 13, 2011, 06:14:55 pm »

I think there's a contingency order that's something like "unload 90% fuel at nearest colony and return". Try setting that to Contingency: Fuel full or whatever and see if it works.

condition: fuel tanks full
order: unload 90% fuel at nearest colony (and return i don't see it, but maybe there is) ...does the order get off when it reaches the 99.999% of capacity?

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:30 pm »

condition: fuel tanks full
order: unload 90% fuel at nearest colony (and return i don't see it, but maybe there is) ...does the order get off when it reaches the 99.999% of capacity?

Ah, second conditional order. "Unload fuel at Colony and move to Sorium (source?)". The order should go off when the tank reaches 100%, I would think.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: August 15, 2011, 10:51:26 am »

As much i like the game i cant get past point that constant errors is a downer for me and cut off the mood on game play :(
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1347