Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809316 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5715 on: August 09, 2011, 08:35:48 pm »

Alright, then what errors are you getting? Type out the type of error, and the number. We cannot help you if we do not know the error you are getting.

i solved the problem luckily...just realized there actually "was" a .zip inside the installer which "was" quite actually not unzipped by the setup but had to be done manually.
and here i thought that unzipping the 5.50 was all it was needed. there was the 4.91 inside.
silly me.
now off to build a benevolent dictatorship which shall wipe out zenos in the name of the Emperor.
That is what I was asking if you did, and you said you did, but you didn't do.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: August 09, 2011, 09:11:04 pm »

To be fair, the way you phrased the question wouldn't have alerted someone who didn't notice that there was an archive inside the archive that they had missed it...

Anyway, a game this hard to play should be hard to install too!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: August 09, 2011, 09:45:29 pm »

Oh man, I just realized increasing your population at game start increases just about everything else too.

...I wonder what happens if you give yourself 1 trillion people, Earth out of resources in a month anyone?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: August 09, 2011, 10:21:45 pm »

Actually, I believe resources on your starting planet will increase proportional to your population. That's what I've read, anyway. Not sure myself.

But, I bet we'd never be able to see, since having a few billion population is already slow to start. 1 trillion would likely take hours. Or crash. One of the two. Well, unless you dump your industry down to 0% and 0 shipyards/research facilities.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:23:20 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5719 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:02 am »

ok, another problem. when i try hitting the "ship listing" in the map section (F3) it crashes to desktop with the error:
"could not find path/file *XXXXX*"
...for the rest it works fine.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: August 10, 2011, 02:46:40 am »

What's the error number? The number helps.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5721 on: August 10, 2011, 03:55:50 am »

Runtime error 3075

translating italian pieces:
"error of syntax (comma) in the expression of the query...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: August 10, 2011, 04:09:59 am »

Did you change your regional settings as indicated in the installation thread?

NB: If you live in a country where the decimal separator is a comma, please change your regional settings to either UK or US (where the decimal separator is a period) when playing Aurora. If you don't change this, you will get a LOT of errors.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5723 on: August 10, 2011, 04:14:13 am »

Did you change your regional settings as indicated in the installation thread?

NB: If you live in a country where the decimal separator is a comma, please change your regional settings to either UK or US (where the decimal separator is a period) when playing Aurora. If you don't change this, you will get a LOT of errors.
...that might actually be it.
thank you sir for your patience.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: August 10, 2011, 04:26:13 am »

My patience is really an illusion because I'm talking on the forum.

In reality, I'm quite impatient. :P

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5725 on: August 10, 2011, 04:58:10 am »

now on to the wiki.
after auto-understanding how to give fleet orders and such, and surveying the system, i shall now grab pluto and charon for mining operations!
and then try to understand if colonizing mars is a good idea or not, seeing how he is metal-free.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: August 10, 2011, 05:00:32 am »

Colonizing Mars always a good idea even without minerals in my opinion: Faster population growth (spreading between multiple planets speeds up the total population growth), more cash (from people. Yes, cash can be a serious problem if you aren't careful), and more trade (meaning more cash, and more civilian ships, which with contracts, you can use). And that's all right next to Earth, meaning little fuel is spent getting there. It's basically a free house.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5727 on: August 10, 2011, 05:08:45 am »

Colonizing Mars always a good idea even without minerals in my opinion: Faster population growth (spreading between multiple planets speeds up the total population growth), more cash (from people. Yes, cash can be a serious problem if you aren't careful), and more trade (meaning more cash, and more civilian ships, which with contracts, you can use). And that's all right next to Earth, meaning little fuel is spent getting there. It's basically a free house.

so it's cashlicious.
Okay.
...and it's also funny.
i began playing as "italy" "italia" "Fascist."-government type (loved the extra factories and research labs)
...Fascist on mars.
there is a satyrical film about it.
*giggling*

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: August 10, 2011, 05:19:14 am »

now on to the wiki.
after auto-understanding how to give fleet orders and such, and surveying the system, i shall now grab pluto and charon for mining operations!
and then try to understand if colonizing mars is a good idea or not, seeing how he is metal-free.
You just took all the fun out of raping Mars for me. ;)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: August 10, 2011, 07:24:10 am »

Oh man, I just realized increasing your population at game start increases just about everything else too.

...I wonder what happens if you give yourself 1 trillion people, Earth out of resources in a month anyone?
It also increases the starting populations for NPRs. So don't be surprised to find Mega Star Empires with massive fleets after a couple of decades.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 1347