Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809624 times)

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5625 on: August 02, 2011, 06:11:37 pm »

Cool, though you should probably make a thread in the Play With Your Buddies forum now, so that this thread doesn't get too cluttered up with that stuff.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: August 02, 2011, 06:12:55 pm »

Part of my plan in case that happens, which we all know is very likely, is to have that nation control by temporary leader (me) until either the player can be recontacted with or a replacement can be found.  Hopefully this will prevent stalling out.  Also, slightly different then yours, a lot more information is hidden from the leaders then in yours as most of the  information about their nation will be pmed to them directly.  The only information available to everyone is through civilian sources, like newspapers and the such.  In about 4 hours I will start up a game and a thread anyone else who wants to join is free to post before then.

Will you be doing a conventional start or Trans-Newtonian?
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: August 02, 2011, 09:24:30 pm »

Okay, I've been following along with the tutorial and am now finished with it. So now what do? ???
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: August 02, 2011, 09:30:37 pm »

Well, whatever you want, really.

Maybe you should start with finding a system with a terraformable planet and colonizing it.

Or find a system with hostiles and attempt to destroy them.

Really, whatever you want.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: August 02, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »

Easier said than done. ::)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: August 02, 2011, 09:52:54 pm »

Well, some enemies are truly pathetic.

Those you fought, well, were less than pathetic. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Soralin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: August 02, 2011, 10:47:06 pm »

I was thinking of trying a fun experiment for this game.  Basically in order to simulate a multiplayer experience for Aurora I want to start a game with multiple players being in charge of various factions that start on earth.  Instead of passing around the game, I will control it while giving detailed information to the players through pms while letting them make the decisions for their nation.  I am wondering if there would be anyone interested in partaking of this little experiment.
Key to victory:
1. Build terraformers
2. Build infrastructure
3. See how long it takes everyone to notice all the extra fluorine in the atmosphere.

:)

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:14 am »

Will you be doing a conventional start or Trans-Newtonian?

Conventional, although trans-newton tech will be automatically already researched for everyone.  I have a separate topic set up for this game that can be found here.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: August 03, 2011, 01:41:02 am »

Easier said than done. ::)

Half-true. Finding a system with hostiles is easy. Destroying them... not so much.  :P

...actually, Tarran technically said "attempt to destroy them". So, yeah, attempting to destroy them is also easy.  ;)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: August 03, 2011, 04:33:48 pm »

Actually, finding aliens can be difficult naturally.  But SM delivers!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: August 04, 2011, 08:51:42 pm »

For those of you guys still playing and not on their forums, 5.50 and 5.51 are out.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,3894.0.html NOTE: That download includes the 5.51 patch as of 17:30 GMT on August 4th, so no need to update to 5.51 if you're downloading 5.50 just now.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: August 04, 2011, 09:01:05 pm »

On another note, do anyone remember the precise effect of the atmosphere on beam weaponry?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: August 04, 2011, 09:52:47 pm »

This game looks awesome and I think I'd love it, but It's kinda hard to get into.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: August 04, 2011, 10:03:07 pm »

Every complex game is. Just keep trying. If you get bored, wait until you feel like trying again.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: August 04, 2011, 10:13:27 pm »

Well, some enemies are truly pathetic.

Those you fought, well, were less than pathetic. :P
Avalanches...

In other words, I nuked my game after it broke and updated. This time I have real stars on, so far everything is quiet. It just so happens both elements which make up half a research lab AND mine are in very, very short supply. Like, below 3,000 in stock with both at .1.
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 1347