Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809837 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5205 on: June 24, 2011, 02:44:05 am »

lso, I have noticed that if there are no ships/population at a sending mass driver that all packets en route from that body will freeze in space and no more will be sent until you get somebody there.
You must be seeing some kind of bug. I have mass drivers all over my system with no population or ships there and they send the minerals in. I never watch the packets on the map but the minerals ARE vanishing from the planet and arriving at the destination so that's all I care about.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: June 24, 2011, 05:55:21 am »

What are mass drivers for actually?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: June 24, 2011, 05:58:30 am »

Blowing up people
;)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: June 24, 2011, 06:08:30 am »

... ::)

They're for shooting minerals at high velocities towards other planets with Mass Drivers. So long as there's at least one Mass Driver on the reciving planet, they'll get the minerals.

If they happen to loose all Mass drivers while a packet is in transit... well... you'll Orbital Bombardment your planet. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: June 24, 2011, 06:49:33 am »

I know how to detach a ship from a fleet, but how do I select two ships from a fleet and add them to another one?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: June 24, 2011, 11:46:40 am »

I know how to detach a ship from a fleet, but how do I select two ships from a fleet and add them to another one?
Select the fleet you want to recieve the ships in the task menu, go to the Special Orders/Organization menu, the two boxes on the right is the fleet and the giver/reciever of the ships. Select the fleet you want to take from in the dropdown over the right box, select the ship and click the left-facing arrow. You can also do it backwards, choosing the sending fleet and using the recieving fleet in the right space.

Oh, the fleets need to be on the same body/space/whatever to transfer, too.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: June 24, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »

Oh thanks!
I now feel stupid for not even thinking about the possibility that the answer might actually be found when potentially opening those wonderful tabs...

EDIT: WTF, this gamr is a freaking hypocrite! I tried to repeat a fleet order 1+(a few seconds of pressing '0') and it is overflowing me with overflow errors >.>
Is there any way to make it stop giving me errors? All I can do is click ok so it gives me another error and even restarting the game doesn't work. Can I turn error messages off?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:15:55 pm by Dutchling »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: June 24, 2011, 04:48:31 pm »

Sounds like you broke it  ::)

What kind of order were you trying to repeat so much? Wouldn't it have been easier to just check the Cycle Moves box?

I don't know of any way to turn off error messages. Perhaps you can ask Steve on his forums.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: June 24, 2011, 08:31:36 pm »

Woo, found my first alien race! After establishing contact, the only thing they bothered to tell us is they are named the Theocracy of Banjul. Beyond that, we know fuck-all about them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: June 24, 2011, 08:35:07 pm »

Oh, good for you.

Well, if they're a non-special NPR race. Because if they are one of the three special ones, they'll always fight you.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: June 24, 2011, 08:36:14 pm »

How do I form a diplomatic team?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: June 24, 2011, 08:39:05 pm »

Same way you form other teams. F2>*Something* Teams *Something* academies.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: June 24, 2011, 08:46:14 pm »

The rating is at 2 right now, but the military treaty changed from neutral to hostile. I've done nothing to them or changed anything.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: June 24, 2011, 10:14:35 pm »

Have you had ships in their system? That generally pisses them off.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: June 24, 2011, 10:23:10 pm »

I did have a grav survey ship there for a while, but it eventually exploded because it couldn't get back fast enough.

The odd thing right now, there is a Hauler wreck weighing 46650 tons (My freighter ship) sitting on their home planet named Hauler #526. So far, I've made only 6 of those and there no haulers working on civilian lines. I don't get it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:26:02 pm by Jacob/Lee »
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1347