Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809520 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5160 on: June 22, 2011, 09:32:04 pm »

I renamed 61 Cygni to Cygnius and Wolf 359 to Wolfhound to keep tabs on what is colonized. Cygnius is totally free of aliens and 4 of its planets are packed to the FUCKING BRIM with minerals, AND one of those planets is barely habitable, so it looks like a new earth is gonna be setup! Or at least some hardcore mining colonies!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5161 on: June 22, 2011, 09:34:14 pm »

What, what the hell? I'm gathering data about my own ships?
Did you somehow give a ship to the aliens? There is a button for that.

If not, then an alien civilian ship is in your system, probably trying to trade with you or mate with you or something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:16 pm »

I renamed 61 Cygni to Cygnius and Wolf 359 to Wolfhound to keep tabs on what is colonized. Cygnius is totally free of aliens and 4 of its planets are packed to the FUCKING BRIM with minerals, AND one of those planets is barely habitable, so it looks like a new earth is gonna be setup! Or at least some hardcore mining colonies!
*high-five*
Gotta love those rare garden-o-eden style systems  :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:43 pm »

Beware of sentient fungus on one of them.
Oh yeah. It should be reaching critical mass soon enough, and when it does, it's gonna be an extinction level disaster within many light years. [/shout out]

On a more serious note,
@ Tarran: Never got that far. Kept getting bored with an endless string of no-value systems XD

Newest game looks like a keeper though: Alpha Centauri has two 2.00 cost planets, both of which require a minimum of terraforming, and is packed to the brim with resources (typical amounts run into the hundreds of millions...per planet!). Another system, Ross-some-number, has another 2.00 planet which is filled with sorium, and has two gas giants also packed with the stuff. I named the habitable planet "New Arabia", just for the lulz.
What are the availability of the minerals? In the early game, it's far more important how easy they are to mine than how much there is. You have terrible mining tech, few mines and a dire need of minerals. The low availability, high quantity planets are best left for later in the game when you have an obscene amount of mines, very good mining tech, and, having good stockpiles of them, don't have a pressing, urgent need for more minerals.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: June 22, 2011, 09:38:00 pm »

Hmmm... I think I might've had that before. In the Contacts tab of the System View screen, is Civilian Transponder Status set to off?
Nope.

Did you somehow give a ship to the aliens? There is a button for that.

If not, then an alien civilian ship is in your system, probably trying to trade with you or mate with you or something.
I've not met any aliens yet.

On another note, they keep falling off the map whenever they leave my sensor range.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:42:29 pm by Jacob/Lee »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5165 on: June 22, 2011, 09:46:59 pm »

Civilian ships that belong to your empire are called things like "Kawasaki Essex 001" and follow the pattern [Company] [Class] [Number]

You can check your shipping lines [CTRL+L] to see if the ships you're seeing are part of your civilian shipping or not. If not, you have some alien ships.

Also check in your diplomacy screen and see if you met some aliens and nobody told the emperor.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: June 22, 2011, 09:49:42 pm »

@ Felius: Availability is somewhat low, but right now I don't have any really pressing concerns about minerals. Sol got lucky with asteroids and comets this time around, giving me a good base to work from, and I'm limiting my expansion until I have a solid stockpile (and the ragged beginnings of a defensive fleet). Alpha Centauri will eventually be a major shipbuilding/manufacturing sector, while Ross will be a major source of fuel for the fleet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: June 22, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »

Civilian ships that belong to your empire are called things like "Kawasaki Essex 001" and follow the pattern [Company] [Class] [Number]

You can check your shipping lines [CTRL+L] to see if the ships you're seeing are part of your civilian shipping or not. If not, you have some alien ships.

Also check in your diplomacy screen and see if you met some aliens and nobody told the emperor.
Well, there is the Daniel Container Corporation, a shipping line with one ship. The civilians show up on the diplomacy screen as "Alien Race: Civilians"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: June 22, 2011, 09:53:04 pm »

That's... strange. What version are you using? I'm pretty sure civilians don't get a whole race in the latest version.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: June 22, 2011, 09:55:01 pm »

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: June 22, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »

The latest version is 5.42

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: June 22, 2011, 10:00:59 pm »

Yeah, your version is severely outdated.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:24 pm »

Welp, time for my fourth rampage through the galaxy.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: June 22, 2011, 11:48:20 pm »

How do you manually spawn stockpiled minerals on a planet? I'm out of Duranium on Earth and I can't do jack shit without it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: June 22, 2011, 11:49:39 pm »

SM mode, F2, Bottom right; SM Mods.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1347