Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809426 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5085 on: June 21, 2011, 01:34:14 pm »

"Reset Window Posistions" under Miscellaneous fixed it.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: June 21, 2011, 01:35:46 pm »

If I ever do Windows "minimize all" or minimize the game, I get that, where clicking on the button on the system screen won't bring the page to the front.  I have to click on it on the taskbar and it will come to the front.  Once I got in a state where even that didn't work - the fix is to pick "Misc->Reset Windows Positions".   If it's really bad close all the tabs, exit, go into a known working game (That US/USSR game that it starts with) and do the Reset Windows Positions.

(edit: heh ninja'd.  Shouldn't have stopped to admire my planet).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:37:27 pm by gimlet »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: June 21, 2011, 02:01:01 pm »

What are the S's and the M's on the System Generation and Display menu?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5088 on: June 21, 2011, 02:01:34 pm »

What are the S's and the M's on the System Generation and Display menu?
S means Surveyed but no minerals, M means it has minerals

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: June 21, 2011, 02:06:58 pm »

Oh, duh  :P

Also, is there a way to make it so "X finished order" messages don't stop the automatic turns? I really don't care that my freighters finished moving the mines/automated mines/whatever to the new colony. Also, what about officer notifications, like "X has joined your officer corps." or "X has died in an accident."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:40:49 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: June 21, 2011, 03:56:08 pm »

In the events update window click "Filter Events". Click on event types to hide them. I don't think doing this will stop them from stopping automatic turns, and it definately doesn't stop it from interrupting long turns.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5091 on: June 21, 2011, 04:04:09 pm »

Also, is there a way to make it so "X finished order" messages don't stop the automatic turns? I really don't care that my freighters finished moving the mines/automated mines/whatever to the new colony. Also, what about officer notifications, like "X has joined your officer corps." or "X has died in an accident."
No there's no way to make taskgroup order completions stop the turn but officer notifications don't stop the turn generation, they are just displayed at the end of the current cycle.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: June 21, 2011, 04:39:10 pm »

Uhm, how do I boost my game speed aside from setting the priority to high?
I guess there's no other way then currently?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: June 21, 2011, 05:06:32 pm »

:-\

When you create a game, there are tons of simulation options. Just turn off whatever you like. Asteroid orbits a biggy. Reduced NPCs also helps.

Obviously a smaller map, IE less systems, also affects performance.

Or get a better computer. Whatever floats your boat.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: June 21, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »

Obviously a smaller map, IE less systems, also affects performance.
I'm not so sure of that. I'm pretty sure systems are not taken into account until they are generated when you or an NPR explores it. Though I could be wrong.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: June 21, 2011, 05:57:01 pm »

How many seconds do you guys average at mid-game for a months worth of ingame time?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: June 21, 2011, 06:04:11 pm »

~10-~20 I think. I've got a pretty fast computer though.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: June 21, 2011, 06:38:55 pm »

When I use a mass driver, does it simply fire the package straight through open space until it reaches the destination or what?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: June 21, 2011, 06:39:48 pm »

Right on target. They fire the minerals directly until it reaches the destination. Only in-system, though.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: June 21, 2011, 06:44:04 pm »

So to move minerals from Washington-A III (A colony planet, in another system) to Earth I need to use freighters?
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 1347