Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809817 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #4965 on: June 19, 2011, 12:59:09 am »

What were you doing when it happened? We need the context of the error.
I startup Aurora. Suddenly, error. I happened when I patched to the newest one.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: June 19, 2011, 01:06:24 am »

Does the game work if you just go straight through and say okay? Sometimes the game has errors that are not game-breaking.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: June 19, 2011, 02:09:20 am »

Does the game work if you just go straight through and say okay? Sometimes the game has errors that are not game-breaking.
Nope. Error just pops up again.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: June 19, 2011, 02:12:54 am »

Then sorry, but I think you may have to register on their forums as I haven't been able to find any other cases on their forums or ours. But before you do so, try moving the game outside the Program Files directory. It's a complete guess, though.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: June 19, 2011, 02:16:40 am »

Just a stab in the dark, are you trying to play the game when you aren't the administrator?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4970 on: June 19, 2011, 02:19:08 am »

Just a stab in the dark, are you trying to play the game when you aren't the administrator?
Yeah, do you have Aurora in the program files folder on windows vista or windows 7? If so, try moving it somewhere else or running the program as an administrator.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: June 19, 2011, 02:50:16 am »

It was never in the program files directory.
While I wait for admin approval (QQ) I tried reinstalling, and noticed I hadn't added the stevefire from 491. Well, I did that, and now I'm getting the error I already posted, but only once, and then I keep getting Error 3201 from DAO.recordset. I'll get an image in a bit.
EDIT:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:53:25 am by breadbocks »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: June 19, 2011, 03:08:40 am »

Not really sure. There's very few cases of it specifically with an error in the 'game' table.

I think that it has something to do with improper installation. Not 100% sure though.

What steps do you do when installing it?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: June 19, 2011, 03:18:13 am »

Extract from the zip its in, run the setup, extract 491 to where I installed it, extract 542 to where I installed it. I always replace aurora when it asks me if I want to, and I always replace stevefire when it asks me to.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4974 on: June 19, 2011, 03:36:03 am »

Extract from the zip its in, run the setup, extract 491 to where I installed it, extract 542 to where I installed it. I always replace aurora when it asks me if I want to, and I always replace stevefire when it asks me to.
That's the problem. You didn't extract 5.40 first. It has a new exe

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: June 19, 2011, 04:25:09 am »

That's the problem. You didn't extract 5.40 first. It has a new exe
Oh, thanks. I didn't realize 540 had a stevefire I'd need. >.>

I works now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4976 on: June 19, 2011, 02:23:50 pm »

I've just found hyperdrive is quite useful. First time I've ever needed it, I came across a binary system where the secondary star orbited at a ridiculous distance which would take over 12 years at speed 6000 to cross. The problem? There is a 1.2 colony cost planet there! I WANT

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4977 on: June 19, 2011, 02:37:12 pm »

Those kinds of systems are more trouble than they're worth. Easier to just terraform a less perfect planet than deal with a planet so far out.

Exception would be if the second star is loaded with minerals that you need. I once colonized a system like that because it had a huge world that was absolutely loaded with every mineral (hundreds of millions of each, and all at accessibility of 0.4 and above). Built a giant mining base on it and shipped giant loads of minerals back to Earth every so often using ships. Civ ships never went there though.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4978 on: June 19, 2011, 02:53:47 pm »

Those kinds of systems are more trouble than they're worth. Easier to just terraform a less perfect planet than deal with a planet so far out.

Exception would be if the second star is loaded with minerals that you need. I once colonized a system like that because it had a huge world that was absolutely loaded with every mineral (hundreds of millions of each, and all at accessibility of 0.4 and above). Built a giant mining base on it and shipped giant loads of minerals back to Earth every so often using ships. Civ ships never went there though.
Turns out the 2nd star has the homeworld of an alien species and they just blew my science ships to hell. >.>

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4979 on: June 19, 2011, 03:02:20 pm »

Thats a pretty cool spot for one to spawn.

I wonder how the AI works when in that situation, cut off from the rest of the galaxy by a 12 year void. I wonder if they'll build hyperdrive grav survey ships.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 1347