Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809859 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #4920 on: June 02, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »

Someone on these forums had a similar problem, and it was fixed by "reducing the size of the fonts".

How do I do that?

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: June 02, 2011, 04:44:33 pm »

That really does not look like 1280x ...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: June 02, 2011, 04:46:29 pm »

I am 100% sure my screen size is 1280x1024. Imageshack resized it to fit his standard format.
::)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: June 02, 2011, 04:54:43 pm »

Any ideas about the font? Is it a game option, or a Windows option?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: June 02, 2011, 05:08:47 pm »

Well, right click on your desktop, Personalize, Window Color and Appearance, Open classic appearance properties for more color options. Fiddle around with that, I'm not in the mood to explain and the example windows are good enough. I've never tried changing the font to fix Aurora before, so I have no idea if that will actually do anything.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: June 02, 2011, 06:28:27 pm »

I am 100% sure my screen size is 1280x1024. Imageshack resized it to fit his standard format.
::)

Yeah, I got that part. Thing is, if it is 1280x, it shouldn't be cutting off the right side of the screen like that. As the window is hardcoded to be 1280x, it makes me think the poster has made an error and is running under 1024x or something, and thinking it is 1280x . Other than that, I don't know. It's not supposed to do that, and I've never heard of it stretching past 1280x under any circumstances.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: June 02, 2011, 06:44:55 pm »

I am 120% sure I am running in 1280x1024. This is the resolution I use in every single game, the resolution my computer is set to, the resolution I remember checking three times yesterday and two times today.

Also, changing fonts does'nt work. I guess I'll wait until I can actually register to the forums and then ask Steve...

The thread I was talking about earlier is this one; http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1885.0.html. The guy seems to have the same problem as me, except a resolution a bit bigger.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: June 03, 2011, 01:36:27 am »

Have you considered moving the taskbar and selecting "reduced height window"?

I always have to place my taskbar to the right instead of the bottom in order to play this game.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: June 03, 2011, 01:38:13 am »

Have you considered moving the taskbar and selecting "reduced height window"?

I always have to place my taskbar to the right instead of the bottom in order to play this game.
That won't help with the fact that it's going off the right side of the screen, and not really the bottom.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: June 03, 2011, 06:04:39 am »

Hey, while you guys are talking about screensize problems, I can't get this to work on my laptop, which has max resolution of 1280x800. I remember the same thing happened when I tried to play Aurora way back - maybe a year ago. Did the developer fix this yet, or am I doomed to not playing this ever?

United Forenia Forever!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: June 03, 2011, 06:11:19 am »

There's a reduced screen size option now, which means you can play at 1280x800.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: June 03, 2011, 06:52:16 am »

There's a reduced screen size option now, which means you can play at 1280x800.

Really? Where is it?

United Forenia Forever!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: June 03, 2011, 07:22:38 am »

Do you have the latest version? It should be under game parameters.

Kolbur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: June 04, 2011, 06:00:23 am »

I finally came around trying this.
First thing: Option overload...  :o
Seriously, wtf! :D

I found my Race Details windows and apparently my race looks like John Sheridan from Babylon 5 and they use a nazi flag with swastika and iron cross (I set german themes)... Again, wtf?!  ???

Trying to understand all this now, seems like a tough job.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4934 on: June 04, 2011, 06:08:10 am »

Race picture and flag are optional, changeable and have no mechanical effect. :P
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1347