Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2810829 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #4575 on: April 19, 2011, 09:10:14 pm »

By the way, what does "Extended Orbit" do?
Makes the TG orbit the body instead of just going to it and staying in space somewhere next to it as per Move to. Extended Orbit is a MUST to prevent the body from moving from under them.

That's because it's Follow, not Move to.
Doesn't show up on follow, either. Or does it only work on hostiles?
I just realized that that box being missing is a problem. I'd suggest you go to the Aurora forums and ask for help.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: April 19, 2011, 09:29:06 pm »

Well, crapzors  :P

Hopefully Steve won't take forever in approving my account, especially since this is the second game in which I've come across this problem. First game was a "standard" campaign, TN start, Sol system. This new one is a conventional start in an SM-created system. I bet if I created a third, the bug would still be present.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4577 on: April 20, 2011, 01:00:12 am »

Maybe your monitor doesn't actually support the features of the game... Please check the compatibility. Good luck!
Least helpful spambot ever!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:54 am »

Maybe your monitor doesn't actually support the features of the game... Please check the compatibility. Good luck!

Hey hey hey, it's one step above most spambots. Most spambots wouldn't realize that 50% of all Aurora problems can be solved with "maybe your monitor's too small".  :P

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: April 20, 2011, 06:36:56 am »

I am uncertain about this and cannot check right now, but I believe the "Follow" order only shows up when you've got an other TG selected as the order target. It's like "Join" and "Absorb" in that respect.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: April 20, 2011, 07:47:32 am »

be careful: just because you can see a thermal contact it doesn't mean you can target it. I think it has to be within active sensor range.

You can, if you have a missile with their own sensors, also, set a waypoint near it and shoot a missile at the waypoint and let the missile itself target the enemy.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: April 20, 2011, 08:49:11 am »

Is this game still impossible to play with a small screen?

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: April 20, 2011, 09:07:56 am »

Is this game still impossible to play with a small screen?
1280x800 is now (almost) fully supported with 5.42, with reduced height windows.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: April 20, 2011, 09:18:13 am »

Does anyone knows if a hyper capable engine activates automatically when possible? Or do I have to activate it manually? I've been thinking of design a hyper capable geosurvey ship for the ultra distant binary systems, but as I generally set them as automated, I don't know if it would activate when possible.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: April 20, 2011, 10:02:49 am »

Does anyone knows if a hyper capable engine activates automatically when possible? Or do I have to activate it manually? I've been thinking of design a hyper capable geosurvey ship for the ultra distant binary systems, but as I generally set them as automated, I don't know if it would activate when possible.

It's not automatic. And the AI doesn't appear to use it, which makes it pointless for civilian freighters/transports. I put Hypers on my grav survey ships, because the outer ring is almost always outside the hyper limit, and often the middle ring as well. Drastically speeds up survey times, and reduces the amount of time I have to spend refuelling and refitting. I'll sometimes make a hyper-capable version of my geosurvey boats if I have a system or two that warrants it (like when you have a binary/trinary system with a huge asteroid belt some 30AU in diameter). Otherwise, it takes my regular prospectors eight months or more just to get out to the belt, much less start surveying!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: April 20, 2011, 10:51:01 am »

Hey hey hey, it's one step above most spambots. Most spambots wouldn't realize that 50% of all Aurora problems can be solved with "maybe your monitor's too small".  :P

I seriously laughed my ass off when I read this. 1 in a million
Yeah yeah yeah!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: April 20, 2011, 11:00:54 am »

Old spammy was at least partly right. I checked the official bug thread, and another person reported the same thing, and also said that it happened while using reduced size windows. Since I play on a laptop, that's what I've been using. So, it doesn't seem like a bug, more like a design error.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: April 20, 2011, 11:12:17 am »

Anyone ever had error 48 before? "Failure to load .dll's". It only happens when I want create a new game. I can run the default game ("Space Race") without a hitch. I did post this one over at the official boards, but Steve had no idea and asked if I could google a solution for myself. Google doesn't want to help though. I'm on Windows 7, 32 bit by the way.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: April 20, 2011, 11:22:48 am »

Which .dll's are you missing? Usually you can download them from somewhere.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: April 21, 2011, 04:11:42 am »

Does anyone know how to automate sorium harvesters to actually return to a gas giant after dropping off their loads? I tried using the conditional order "unload fuel at colony and move to sorium gas giant" but the harvesters never actually return to the sorium gas giant.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1347