Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2813086 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3855 on: March 24, 2011, 05:19:53 pm »

Hey, I've decided to take a look at Aurora, and I have a question. Is there a way to see what installations/their numbers are on a planet? I want as many mass drivers as possible on my mining planets, but I don't want to accidentally take all the mass drivers from Earth either. (Else it can't receive packets.)

Any idea where this information will be?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: March 24, 2011, 05:24:41 pm »

Hey, I've decided to take a look at Aurora, and I have a question. Is there a way to see what installations/their numbers are on a planet? I want as many mass drivers as possible on my mining planets, but I don't want to accidentally take all the mass drivers from Earth either. (Else it can't receive packets.)

Populations and Production>Mass Drivers.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: March 24, 2011, 06:14:39 pm »

And, of course, I can't find Populations and Productions.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: March 24, 2011, 06:28:27 pm »

Top left button on the system map. (The first one in the row)
It opens the Population and Productions screen.
Then look in the summary tab.
Your mass driver capacity / 5000 is the amount you have.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: March 24, 2011, 06:38:35 pm »

Top left button on the system map. (The first one in the row)
It opens the Population and Productions screen.
Then look in the summary tab.
Your mass driver capacity / 5000 is the amount you have.

Thanks.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: March 24, 2011, 07:11:25 pm »

Although keep in mind it has a stairstepping effect; can't have 1.5 mass drivers working, and so any decimals will be chopped.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: March 24, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »

Today, I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I decided to go explore the Alpha Centauri system with a deep-space Geosurvey ship. I was overexcited to see that there was an almost earthlike planet that would be easier to colonize than Mars, so I sent the surveyer to check it out for resources. Turns out it was inhabited by some aliens who didn't take too kindly to my poking around, so they fired missles at us that immediately destroyed the surveyer. :(

The surveyer got some decent information on some ships that were in orbit of the planet, and it turns out this alien race prefers small and crazy fast designs (not shown in the screenshot though) that carry mostly missile-launchers. I decided to test them, and sent a squad of cruisers their way that were armed with beam weapons and plenty of anti-missile missiles. Just as I thought I was winning, TEN other alien ships appeared out of nowhere (cloaked or came from another jump point) that were going 10,000 km/s and obliterated the fleet in 10 seconds flat. I don't think I will be going back there anytime soon.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:29:45 pm by Duelmaster409 »
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: March 24, 2011, 09:23:07 pm »

You need more, BIGGER, STRONGER ships.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: March 24, 2011, 10:05:56 pm »

*sighs*....That pic did it....I need to redownload this.... But gonna have to play without enemy civilizations due to the whole 5 sec increments for forever thing.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:34 pm »

*sighs*....That pic did it....I need to redownload this.... But gonna have to play without enemy civilizations due to the whole 5 sec increments for forever thing.

I have 10 second-long 30 day increments and I'm finding it perfectly playable.

If you don't play Aurora that last sentence is going to make no sense, just don't think about it too much.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: March 24, 2011, 11:33:57 pm »

If you don't play Aurora that last sentence is going to make no sense, just don't think about it too much.

I meant when enemy AI fight each other and have long battles in 5 second increments.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3866 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:46 am »

I meant when enemy AI fight each other and have long battles in 5 second increments.
You may have missed but steve made us able to override those auto-stops and just force it to keep generating for x time

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: March 25, 2011, 12:39:49 am »

thats great, maybe ill play again too...

those god damn 10 second intervals for infinity nearly made me suicide.

then the bugs later on rage. :o
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: March 25, 2011, 09:09:40 am »

Just used google to find the site to download this again. The offical site was the second result. The first was this thread.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: March 25, 2011, 12:25:39 pm »

How do I assign people as governors of planets, I have people who should be able to rule Earth but I can't figure out how to assign them.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 1347