Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2813393 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3660 on: January 18, 2011, 08:54:16 pm »

I don't see any engines listed, I assume that I need to research them or something but I don't know how, my available research projects doesn't have any engine projects listed.
Did you design your engines? If not, then you must through the Create Research Project window(Ctrl+F6). You should now have a project to research.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: January 19, 2011, 04:40:48 am »

yeah, in Aurora R&D are separated.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: January 20, 2011, 01:15:46 pm »

Ok, I figured out how to make ships and all that, now I want to make an asteroid miner, but I'm having a problem: I'm putting just one mining module, one fuel tank, and one engine on and the failure rate is 260% a year! How can I get this down to something reasonable like 10 or 20 percent? Second question, how can I find jump gates or zones or whatever they're called, I have a ship that's capable of finding them but can't figure out how to make them find them. Third and last question, what're mass drivers used for and subsequently, how do I use them?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: January 20, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »

Failure rate is decreased by engineering spaces. Mind you, if your engine is a commercial design the miner ship you designed should be commercial and therefore wouldn't suffer maintenance failures anyway.

Second, you can use the Task Groups window to assign said ship orders, such as surveying jump point survey locations. You might have to mess around with the little checkboxes that are the System Location Display Options first, and in the long term it's easier to set up conditional orders, but I can't be arsed to explain them here.

Thirdly, mass drivers are used to transport minerals to and from planets. In the Mining/Maintenance tab of the Economics window, you can select a destination for all your minerals mined at that colony. The receiving planet needs a mass driver to receive minerals, keep that in mind, and you can't hurl minerals between systems.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: January 21, 2011, 08:03:09 am »

Just curiously, why are there no screenshots of this game?

i mean there are but i cant see any, is just me?

even on pentarch the don't show up.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: January 21, 2011, 08:19:12 am »

You might want to check your display options, most browsers can set it so you can't see images, which may be it.

Also, the post I quoted below has a screenshot, just to confirm.

Here is a screenshot for the person who requested one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: January 21, 2011, 09:32:20 am »

huh, ok thnx
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: January 23, 2011, 03:36:19 pm »

So anything new?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: January 23, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »

So anything new?
5.30's out with some bugfixes and compatibility breaking if you're looking for that(:P). Doubt there's been anything added in gameplay elements.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: January 23, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: January 23, 2011, 04:01:35 pm »

Thanks Tarran

And I think i like spreadsheet extreme Aurora more then Pretty blue balls and green balls :P

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: January 23, 2011, 06:39:02 pm »

And here I was thinking that they were making a post about the spreadsheet 4X Aurora, not pretty balls of light.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: January 25, 2011, 06:13:58 pm »

I was wondering, did they do anything to make the game more playable on a monitor that doesn't take up half my room?
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: January 25, 2011, 06:16:05 pm »

I was wondering, did they do anything to make the game more playable on a monitor that doesn't take up half my room?
The last time I checked, he wasn't planning to until whatever that Aurora 2 was mentioned awhile ago.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: January 25, 2011, 08:40:02 pm »

Also, this... =/

Hmmm?
So wait... it's a ripoff of an indie game... that uses the name of another indie game? I'm impressed, few people are capable of creating something that offensive to the indie-gamer crowd.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1347