Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814012 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3150 on: May 28, 2010, 11:30:32 pm »

About the designer password i can give it to anyone who want it, be aware tho. If you use the designer password to just peek at the other species etc its ok, but if you alter even just 1 infrastructure dont even think about posting a bug report if you stuble on one after as it COULD affect the AI in a way we CANT know. So if AI piss you off during a battle, turn designer mode on, go where the fight take place, turn SM mode on, re-open the system map and thenn,, *open event for a race that fight ) turn the time-distotion thingy on in the contact ) and enjoy the fighter between 2 race.

I have both password, designer and database, and if you have a game where there is a password you dont know and WANT to know tell me ill crack it up for you.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: May 28, 2010, 11:53:49 pm »

You're missing a bunch of buttons, you should get Resizeenable.
Well it worked, sadly it seems the reason Im missing those buttons is that I appear to have a max window height... so I guess I cant play this at all till he decides that it would be nice to change that windows size, especially since its the only window that cant be played on a 1440 X 900 resolution.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3152 on: May 28, 2010, 11:57:12 pm »

You're missing a bunch of buttons, you should get Resizeenable.
Well it worked, sadly it seems the reason Im missing those buttons is that I appear to have a max window height... so I guess I cant play this at all till he decides that it would be nice to change that windows size, especially since its the only window that cant be played on a 1440 X 900 resolution.
And he has stated that he will not change the resolution. He doesn't care.

FWIW on my 1440x900 monitor I just temporarily change the res to 1280x1024 for the duration of the game then switch back.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: May 29, 2010, 12:10:57 am »

I have a wide screen so it simply wont handle that resolution. It would be less annoying if it wasnt just one button that is killing my ability to play especially since I can see several white spaces on that page that it could be in and I wouldn't even notice any other missing buttons.

Thanks for the help, I don't come down to this sub-forum enough, going to go explore a bit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3154 on: May 29, 2010, 12:20:25 am »

I have a wide screen so it simply wont handle that resolution. It would be less annoying if it wasnt just one button that is killing my ability to play especially since I can see several white spaces on that page that it could be in and I wouldn't even notice any other missing buttons.

Thanks for the help, I don't come down to this sub-forum enough, going to go explore a bit.
Are you sure? I am using a widescreen as well, with a native resolution of 1440x900 and it will happily change over though it looks somewhat squashed.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 29, 2010, 12:24:16 am »

About the designer password i can give it to anyone who want it, be aware tho. If you use the designer password to just peek at the other species etc its ok, but if you alter even just 1 infrastructure dont even think about posting a bug report if you stuble on one after as it COULD affect the AI in a way we CANT know. So if AI piss you off during a battle, turn designer mode on, go where the fight take place, turn SM mode on, re-open the system map and thenn,, *open event for a race that fight ) turn the time-distotion thingy on in the contact ) and enjoy the fighter between 2 race.

I have both password, designer and database, and if you have a game where there is a password you dont know and WANT to know tell me ill crack it up for you.

Heres the thing, its better for Steve to give it out himself.  Cause I'm sure some of the people here are still going to give out bug reports on stuff they fubar.

So at least he'd have some note of who has the password... and better disregard bug complaints from forgetful people...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3156 on: May 29, 2010, 01:03:41 am »

This would be like Toady password protecting and encrypting the raws so you can't mod your DF game because he can't be arsed to deal with bug reports on modded games.

Its stupid and self defeating.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: May 29, 2010, 01:07:00 am »

This would be like Toady password protecting and encrypting the raws so you can't mod your DF game because he can't be arsed to deal with bug reports on modded games.

Its stupid and self defeating.
I agree, though his opinion is his opinion.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: May 29, 2010, 04:26:32 am »

Heres the thing, its better for Steve to give it out himself.  Cause I'm sure some of the people here are still going to give out bug reports on stuff they fubar.

So at least he'd have some note of who has the password... and better disregard bug complaints from forgetful people...

Hmmm you got a point.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3159 on: May 29, 2010, 03:39:44 pm »

Yea, you should really let Steve give out the passwords. He gives them out to whoever asks for them, and specifically states that he doesn't want them to be general knowledge.

His reasoning for not having them widely available is sound. He doesn't want to run a wild goose chase trying to find bugs that only exist because someone was monkeying with the database or with designer mode. You can really screw things up if you edit the wrong thing.

It would be nice if Steve made the game modable, though - for instance, by creating a separate static database that isn't modified by the program that just contains things that wouldn't break the game to change like technology data, stats for the Sol system, name lists, and whatever else doesn't change during a game and could be safely modded without breaking things.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: June 07, 2010, 07:34:35 am »

Hmm, this looks like fun... gonna give it a try. Thanks for the heads up.
Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: June 08, 2010, 11:46:59 pm »

If you guys have any question you can either send me a PM here for an answer or even my msn and i will add you to help you along to learn this great game.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: June 08, 2010, 11:49:02 pm »

Or, they could just ask in this thread. We're always ready to help.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:42 pm »

Sometime its good to have other player on msn its facster to reach them and yeah this thread too :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3164 on: June 09, 2010, 04:12:48 am »

People still use MSN?
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1347