Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814096 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3120 on: April 25, 2010, 03:57:29 pm »

Any tips for me... my increments are automatically re-sizing to 60 seconds, no enemy ships are in sight. I went to SM mode, and it said that "the increment was adjusted as a ship is in firing range." Again, turned on all my sensors, none of my ships are being attacked, and it's taken an entire afternoon of running the game to pass a day. Kind of makes playing the game difficult.

I'm waiting for my account to be activated on the Aurora boards, but was hoping someone here could help.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3121 on: April 25, 2010, 03:59:04 pm »

And its stuff like that which makes me say this game still needs a lot of work.

Any game you must cheat in to even play is not quite playable. Its still fun, but has some major issues. I can't wait until he irons some of the bigger stuff out though.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: April 25, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »

Some NPR's must be fighting, sorry, but you're going to have to deal with it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 25, 2010, 04:07:56 pm »

Okay, well, I guess I'll just let it run for a while longer...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3124 on: April 25, 2010, 04:09:39 pm »

Some NPR's must be fighting, sorry, but you're going to have to deal with it.
not necessarily, I've seen that happen when NPR's run out of ammo and hover over precursor ruins and it will continue forever.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: April 25, 2010, 04:10:55 pm »

Strangely, I have yet to see precursors in my game. ???
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: April 25, 2010, 04:28:16 pm »

I'll keep you posted. It's been over two in-game days progressing one minute at a time... hopefully it'll end at some point. Right before this happened, I went into negative wealth, but I got back to the positive before it started.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: April 25, 2010, 07:45:20 pm »

Yea that's a crazy long time for NPRs to be fighting.  Sounds to me something is happening preventing both sides from shooting eachother, but still thinking they can.

Better than it used to be.  Those 60 second increments used to be 5 second increments.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: April 25, 2010, 07:50:09 pm »

I ended up giving up after two more hours of that. Even though 60 seconds is much better than 5 seconds, it still made it relatively unplayable. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game, because it has some very excellent aspects, but I think I'll have to come back and check out a later version (I was using 5.14) in a few months.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 26, 2010, 11:10:27 am »

I can offer you one other way out that * might )* work:

On the system map screen, change the time Aurora sets its pulses from "Automatic" to something large, like 5 days. Then try and use this to brute-force your way through the situation.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: May 08, 2010, 06:26:21 pm »

So what has changed since 5.02? I haven't played in a while.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: May 08, 2010, 06:54:23 pm »

The most important changes are new FUN and genetic modification.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: May 08, 2010, 11:47:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: May 09, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

The most important changes are new FUN and genetic modification.

I read about genetic modification, but please elaborate on the new FUN!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: May 09, 2010, 03:35:08 pm »

Holy crap, I just got a
in sol, will be updating what happens.

Edit; I can't figure out what to do with it, can someone tell me how I can play with them?

Edit2; holy,
I hope I don't die!
I hope you die.
:(

Edit;
This game is as good as lost, dammit.

That game lasted only to the 5th year. Arrrgh.
FUN!
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1347