Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814140 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3075 on: April 18, 2010, 03:36:16 pm »

To save myself wading through 200 pages, I'll just ask this - does it, like its predecessors, crash/break at the drop of a hat? I stopped playing when I ordered a lone ship to perform 20 tasks in a row and the game shat itself. It was good, but restarting my games every hour or so because I'd make the mistake of clicking the wrong button or multiplying things by a single digit too many was too frustrating for me to keep playing.

It almost never crashes on me. The only time it crashed was when I mistyped and told the game to multiply a series of 10 or so instructions 2000 times instead of 20.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: April 18, 2010, 05:48:59 pm »

Holy crap, I just got a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in sol, will be updating what happens.

Edit; I can't figure out what to do with it, can someone tell me how I can play with them?

Edit2; holy,
I hope I don't die!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:29:53 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: April 18, 2010, 06:35:10 pm »

I hope you die.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: April 18, 2010, 06:38:26 pm »

I hope you die.
:(

Edit;
This game is as good as lost, dammit.

That game lasted only to the 5th year. Arrrgh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:45:12 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 18, 2010, 07:16:20 pm »

Wouldn't you have at least have had some PDC's from the free fast OOB you get at the start of the game? Or did you forget about that?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: April 18, 2010, 07:19:49 pm »

Wouldn't you have at least have had some PDC's from the free fast OOB you get at the start of the game? Or did you forget about that?
I didn't select that option, and I was too lazy to make a military that early, I was spending my time in debt and researching. And I had 0 NPR's generated at the start of that game. *Sigh*

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: April 19, 2010, 12:35:24 pm »

I'd LIKE to play this game, but quite frankly the author is so disorganised I can't even find the up to date download.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3082 on: April 19, 2010, 12:36:55 pm »

I'd LIKE to play this game, but quite frankly the author is so disorganised I can't even find the up to date download.
Some of steve's reactions to the community have turned me off to the game. The fact that he can't even throw up a simple webpage or organize his own tutorials sequentially even moreso.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: April 19, 2010, 12:39:35 pm »

Some of steve's reactions to the community have turned me off to the game. The fact that he can't even throw up a simple webpage or organize his own tutorials sequentially even moreso.

Add to the the overly technical and complicted gameplay, plus the bugs, and I get confused in a heartbeat.

Dwarf fortress is a game where the complexity comes from a lack of documentaion (fixed via the wiki). It is at least somewhat streamlined.
Aurora is just all over the palce. Too many screens, to much flipping around. Just... too mcuh stuff.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:43:23 pm by moghopper »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: April 19, 2010, 01:10:12 pm »

Grab the 4.91 installation, then the 5.1 patch, then finally the 5.13 patch. ;)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: April 19, 2010, 03:58:00 pm »

thank you kindly. Now to see how well I play this while drunk.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: April 19, 2010, 04:04:14 pm »

thank you kindly. Now to see how well I play this while drunk.
I feel sorry for those 500mil humans. :P

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: April 19, 2010, 05:23:33 pm »

Is there a way to advance time more than 30 days? Also I can't figure out how to send survey ships and freighters to other planets.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: April 19, 2010, 05:29:27 pm »

Is there a way to advance time more than 30 days?
No, sorry, but then again so much can happen in 30 days even in the most boring of times.

Also I can't figure out how to send survey ships and freighters to other planets.
You're in the fleet window right? Select the task group (you do have your ships in the task groups right?) and select the location. Say, for example, Mars. You should see all the options just to the right, just remember though, the 'Move to' command has the ships move to that area in space, not the actual object.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: April 20, 2010, 12:52:51 am »

God darn, I just found the <Unknown spoilers> again, thank god not in sol, but DARN. They are close!

Anyone want to give me a tip on how 'remove' the <Unknown spoilers>? Forever?
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1347