Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814594 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #2895 on: March 26, 2010, 10:09:06 pm »

Yea, I noticed most of them were going to mars. Once I get a good fleet of terraformers and get mars livable, I'll set it as a source of colonists and try to get the focus on colonization to my outlying colonies. Hasn't really been a problem yet, up until about two months ago I only had one transport ship. I now have two, and my first V3 cryotransport which has higher capacity and better speed.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: March 26, 2010, 10:57:59 pm »

Just noticed I missed Greenbane's edit, sorry!
By the way, spoiler question: what's the longest-ranged Precursor missile you've encountered, guys? I'd hate it if they had ones with ranges greater than 50 million km (which is my latest design's and the centerpiece of my new class of missile frigates).
friggin long, their missile ship went a nasty 90m km with its active sensors, and the missiles were size 3 with a size 4 warhead, going ~20000 km/s, I really can't remember how fast, but it was fast, and it could fire 9 at a time. :(

at-least mine are longer. 8)

Edit; I also noticed that missiles now cannot be less than size 1. :(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:06:28 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: March 26, 2010, 11:06:30 pm »

Question - what does it take to make a planet no longer require infrastructure? I have Mars up above 0 celsius, which is the minimum threshold in my game. I have .14 atmosphere of oxygen, which is above the .1 threshold. There is apparently no lower threshold on pressure, and it's below even one atmosphere so that shouldn't be the problem. It still requires 200 infrastructure per million people though. What do I need to do to make Mars habitable so I can move the infrastructure to Alpha Centauri or Proxima Centauri and use Mars as a breeding planet for more colonists.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Oxygen percentage was above 30%. Think I'll pump in helium, since I don't need to worry about agriculture and I like the idea of my colonists talking in really high pitched voices. What can go wrong with pumping the atmosphere full of a noble gas?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:14:51 pm by Grendus »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: March 26, 2010, 11:09:37 pm »

Do you have to much oxygen percentage? (boom-boom!)

It could have toxins in its atmosphere, could you have added some by mistake?

Edit; ahh.

Think I'll pump in helium, since I don't need to worry about agriculture and I like the idea of my colonists talking in really high pitched voices. What can go wrong with pumping the atmosphere full of a noble gas?

no offense, but you are an ass. :P
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:28:04 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: March 26, 2010, 11:48:42 pm »

Ahh, but now Martian opera will be known for it's heartstopping all alto pieces. I have just done a great service for the arts!

Yea, at first I thought it could be the carbon dioxide, so I sucked that out. Minimizing the oxygen pressure to .1 from .14 really helped though, in addition to pumping in more neutral gasses.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: March 27, 2010, 12:55:07 am »

Ahh, but now Martian opera will be known for it's heartstopping all alto pieces. I have just done a great service for the arts!
*cries because nearly everyone on this forum is likely insane*

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2901 on: March 27, 2010, 01:26:58 am »

*cries because nearly everyone on this forum is likely insane*
I'm not insane, just crazy!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: March 27, 2010, 01:31:18 am »

*rocks back and forth in a fetal position*

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: March 27, 2010, 01:35:27 am »

I'm not crazy, I'm just not user friendly!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2904 on: March 27, 2010, 01:50:21 am »

A doctor tried to diagnose me as insane but before he was half through he went insane himself from what I was telling him. They had to postpone the decision till he regains it.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: March 27, 2010, 01:54:06 am »

And next you will be telling me to start filling Luna with neon.

*keeps rocking*

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2906 on: March 27, 2010, 01:56:21 am »

And next you will be telling me to start filling Luna with neon.

*keeps rocking*
YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!! good god man, are you trying to kill us all? How else will the company's be able to use it as one big advertisement billboard?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: March 27, 2010, 02:00:06 am »

Tarran, planet maker and destroyer, has gone stark raving mad! (I do a lot of planet/system pictures when I feel like it)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2908 on: March 27, 2010, 02:59:02 am »

Tarran, planet maker and destroyer, has gone stark raving mad! (I do a lot of planet/system pictures when I feel like it)
Let me guess, it was the turtle shell right? for some reason the only one left was forbidden and despite you drawing pictures of it over and over it stayed that way and you went crazy from lack of it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: March 27, 2010, 03:03:58 am »

Tarran looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Akhier the Dragon hearted, has been struck down.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 1347