Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2816158 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #1935 on: February 22, 2010, 05:24:18 pm »

Thanks for sticking that up there Head, I don't know how to do 90% of the stuff you did there, so it's better you did it than me :)

No problem mate.

very helpful writeup.

Soon enough that Wiki will be a great example ^_^
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 22, 2010, 05:45:57 pm »

Ok, i got my 3 starting systems just as i want them, now before I make my 3 allied empire NPRs, is there anything i might want to do? something that i can't do once the NPRs are created?

EDIT: how do i save my galactic map? it keeps clustering itself together whenever i open it.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 22, 2010, 05:52:34 pm »

thank you, i hovered over it but there was no text >_>

Also, you said that creating an empire on a planet will make that their ideal planet, so what type of gravity would i need to make their idea gravity be between .02 and .29?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 22, 2010, 06:16:12 pm »

Also, you said that creating an empire on a planet will make that their ideal planet, so what type of gravity would i need to make their idea gravity be between .02 and .29?
Gravity of .155

Deviation of .135

Its maths...  isn't it?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 22, 2010, 06:24:54 pm »

Okay thanks to some help I slugged myself though most of the errors and can now run a semi stable version.

I build my first SS (Survey Ship) and managed to move it to another planet... but... even after looking in the wiki (which seems less then helpfull :( ) I just can't figure out;

- How to move to one of the million astroids near earth
- How to make my survey ship survey stuff :P
- Shot web?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 22, 2010, 06:28:31 pm »

Gravity of .155

Deviation of .135

Its maths...  isn't it?
But the deviation isn't designated by the type of planet. How would i edit my race's gravitational deviation?

And as a slightly better question, if screw something up, can it screw my entire galaxy up and make me restart from scratch? Or can any mistake be undone?

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: February 22, 2010, 06:34:15 pm »

Okay thanks to some help I slugged myself though most of the errors and can now run a semi stable version.

I build my first SS (Survey Ship) and managed to move it to another planet... but... even after looking in the wiki (which seems less then helpfull :( ) I just can't figure out;

- How to move to one of the million astroids near earth
- How to make my survey ship survey stuff :P
- Shot web?

Use the survey nearest body/planet/moon/asteroid main order in the second task fleet tab.

It's survey nearest survey location for the gravi survey ships as well.

Also having a conditional order to refuel at 30% fuel left and resupply at 20% supplies left can keep you free of unneeded headaches.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 22, 2010, 06:37:56 pm »

Gravity of .155

Deviation of .135

Its maths...  isn't it?
But the deviation isn't designated by the type of planet. How would i edit my race's gravitational deviation?

And as a slightly better question, if screw something up, can it screw my entire galaxy up and make me restart from scratch? Or can any mistake be undone?

Well, you could just kill off the civilization or remove the whole system in that case, and start anew. No need to regen everything again.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: February 22, 2010, 06:40:34 pm »

Gravity of .155

Deviation of .135

Its maths...  isn't it?

Ah...  you set deviation... 

http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=1952

Next is the Species Tolerance section. Each species in Aurora has environmental tolerances with their midpoint being their homeworld. The habitability of planets will vary considerably depending on the species tolerances so a world that is ideal for humans may be uninhabitable for some other species and vice versa. Even humans can be set with varying tolerances that can affect the difficulty of the game. For now, set the maximum deviation in oxygen pressure to 50%, the max deviation in gravity to 70%, the max deviation in temperature to 22 and the max atmospheric pressure to 4.

You probably can't do .135    its either .13(13%) or .14(14%)  EDIT: Can't hurt to try...   input as 13.5 in the grav deviation slot...

Fair warning, they probably can't live on many planets...

And... it depends on what you screwed up on.... so no real answer here other then...
Savescum will save your bacon.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:47:59 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 22, 2010, 06:44:56 pm »

Can't live on most planets? Maybe not in sol, with it's specialized masses, but the randomly generated system dish out small moons all the time.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 22, 2010, 06:56:51 pm »

Can't live on most planets? Maybe not in sol, with it's specialized masses, but the randomly generated system dish out small moons all the time.
Ah, seems they are set then...  you could try inputting gravity deviation of 13.5(%)...  not sure if it would even recognize the .5 or not... havn't screwed with it.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 22, 2010, 07:16:19 pm »

Aurora keeps changing my Firefox's menu text's colour to yellow (Win7 64bit). It can be fixed fairly easily by switching to a new desktop theme and back to the previous one, but can it be prevented altogether, somehow? It's annoying.
Did you let it override the DLLs on install? That apparently causes problems with themes, going from early posts in this thread.

I was very careful not to override anything. Clicked on Yes to keep files when prompted during the installation.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 22, 2010, 07:41:24 pm »

I gave them an ideal gravity of .18 with a deviation of 89% (.18 is lower then .3 so it needs a higher deviation)

but the planet was so far away from the sun i had to settle with them being in freezing temperatures.

And they breathe methane  ;D
----------------------------------------------------

Anyone know if setting them as different types of governments, such as corporate, or dictator, will change how the NPR's play?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 22, 2010, 08:06:02 pm »

I gave them an ideal gravity of .18 with a deviation of 89% (.18 is lower then .3 so it needs a higher deviation)

but the planet was so far away from the sun i had to settle with them being in freezing temperatures.

And they breathe methane  ;D
----------------------------------------------------

Anyone know if setting them as different types of governments, such as corporate, or dictator, will change how the NPR's play?
Not yet. Or ever. Gov. style is entirely superficial.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1347