Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2816162 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #1920 on: February 22, 2010, 11:12:04 am »

Tryed it and it produces more errors then a beta release of spaceclustercombusterbugomatic1976 (TM)

Changing the decimal separator is equal to messing around with the keyboard language?

Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: February 22, 2010, 11:30:56 am »

Thx, and I'm trying to add a new jump point to a system but it's not working. I'm in the jump point tab and I'm pressing the "Add JP" button, but nothing is happening.
Took me a second to find out why myself.  It added the JP but if the system isn't grav surveyed you can't see it.  You have to survey the system to see it.

Also, is saving the game the same as savescumming? Copy the database and put it somewhere, then replace it? Also it's stevefire.mdb right? Seems i have 2 of them, can i delete the older one?

hmmm... you shouldnt have 2 of them, one is a .mdb the other one has the same name but different extension + size....

the game saves are saved right in the .mdb though i believe just copy that over to aurora/backup and then your safe... ^_^
I build up my starting setup with race, homeworld, and tech and then archive the database with winrar, so I don't have to redo all that when I start a new game.  I extract it and delete the old database and it works fine.  So it's just like savescumming.
you mind putting it up on the wiki for Aurora? the wiki uses your Aurora forum login information.

nice job.
I would be happy to, but my wiki-fu is weak.  I would also assume this needs it's own page which I don't know how to do.  I can barely do small things. You should see the stonesense graphics pack page when I first added my dracon sprites.  It looked horrible, and somebody had to come fix it. 

P.S. I wouldn't mind if somebody does add it, and if it doesn't seem to be around by the time I get home from school I'll try, but I'll probably just mess it all up.

http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=SpaceMaster_Mode

If their is anything you wanna edit just log on with your forum account.
and don't worry if you mess up you can always preview your changes etc.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: February 22, 2010, 11:50:04 am »

Oh wow, thanks for the quick response!

Did that, it works for a tiny bit and I figured out how to produce things, but I just get so many different errors each time: I click, move time on, click, hit enter, press any button, sneeze, blink... :P

Not /that/ bad, but now it gets stuck with "error 61" and won't ever move on (everytime I click the error 61 window away, another appears... so clicking okay on error 61 generates a error 61 or something... 5th new game that got stuck in error-ness before (i think?) more then 6 ingame days passed.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1923 on: February 22, 2010, 12:05:22 pm »

5.01 bugfix patch is up over on the Aurora forums

Not /that/ bad, but now it gets stuck with "error 61" and won't ever move on (everytime I click the error 61 window away, another appears... so clicking okay on error 61 generates a error 61 or something... 5th new game that got stuck in error-ness before (i think?) more then 6 ingame days passed.

I'd post it over in the bug forum on the aurora site. Post the full error message + what you were doing.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: February 22, 2010, 01:12:42 pm »

Oh wow, thanks for the quick response!

Did that, it works for a tiny bit and I figured out how to produce things, but I just get so many different errors each time: I click, move time on, click, hit enter, press any button, sneeze, blink... :P

Post it on the official forums and you might as well type it out here.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: February 22, 2010, 01:56:44 pm »

I'm running vista 32-bit and the fix on the front page doesn't work for me
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 22, 2010, 02:01:32 pm »

Metalax and head, thanks for the advice, but seriously, every single thing I do produces a error code of sorts... its like "advanced 30 sec" hold enter till errors are gone... ... ... "do stuff"...

I shall keep track

~Game stuck after 12 ingame days, stuck at the error 91 message (around 507 of them clicked away, keeps coming)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 02:27:18 pm by ThtblovesDF »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 22, 2010, 02:20:57 pm »

Metalax and head, thanks for the advice, but seriously, every single thing I do produces a error code of sorts... its like "advanced 30 sec" hold enter till errors are gone... ... ... "do stuff"...

Post the entire error message here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 22, 2010, 02:25:40 pm »

Thanks for sticking that up there Head, I don't know how to do 90% of the stuff you did there, so it's better you did it than me :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:15 pm »

Aurora keeps changing my Firefox's menu text's colour to yellow (Win7 64bit). It can be fixed fairly easily by switching to a new desktop theme and back to the previous one, but can it be prevented altogether, somehow? It's annoying.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 22, 2010, 03:37:25 pm »

Aurora keeps changing my Firefox's menu text's colour to yellow (Win7 64bit). It can be fixed fairly easily by switching to a new desktop theme and back to the previous one, but can it be prevented altogether, somehow? It's annoying.
Did you let it override the DLLs on install? That apparently causes problems with themes, going from early posts in this thread.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 22, 2010, 04:00:21 pm »

So THAT'S whats making my firefox text yellow.....and no i did not allow it to overwrite the DLLs and am having the same problem...but it's not really that bad.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: February 22, 2010, 05:11:09 pm »

I shall keep track

~Game stuck after 12 ingame days, stuck at the error 91 message (around 507 of them clicked away, keeps coming)

all the early game errors were gone as of 5.0 release for me. actually 5.0 has given me 0 errors yet, but downloading 5.01 patch even though i dont even know what it fixed...

edit- oh hey he put a small little changelog of what he fixed in the patch!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:28:13 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 22, 2010, 05:11:30 pm »

Ok, i got my 3 starting systems just as i want them, now before I make my 3 allied empire NPRs, is there anything i might want to do? something that i can't do once the NPRs are created?

EDIT: how do i save my galactic map? it keeps clustering itself together whenever i open it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:39:29 pm by Micro102 »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: February 22, 2010, 05:20:17 pm »

Thanks for sticking that up there Head, I don't know how to do 90% of the stuff you did there, so it's better you did it than me :)

No problem mate.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 1347