Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2815033 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #1305 on: February 03, 2010, 03:56:38 pm »

surely it must have weaknesses, like weak armor or bad colonies.

EDIT: Ok, i just made a diplomacy team and assigned them to a civ controlled ship, which was probably a bad idea since now i can't get them back. Anyone know how?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:44:52 pm by Micro102 »

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 03, 2010, 05:44:19 pm »

No dunno, just try stuff.

On the plus side: My civies finally built a yaght class vessel! (luxury berths)
Not that there is a destination yet, but yay! :D
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 03, 2010, 05:49:09 pm »

Well my team is dead, even SM can't bring them back.

And to whoever mentioned making mars a source of colonists, it turns out that if it is under 25 million colonists it will always be a destination....

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 03, 2010, 05:58:54 pm »

Are you ever going to answer any of my questions correctly?

"Correctly"?

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that anyone here owes you anything, let alone answers to fifty questions a day.

Yeh i saw that post coming...Noone owes me anything, but noone needs to pay any attention to my questions either, and certianly doesn't need to make sarcastic remarks on them.

What do mean no one answer your questions? And I've done one sarcastic remark, and one fuck off remark.

No one posting in this thread have been playing much longer then you. The game doesn't really punish you fr trying something out. A few months wasted in this game isn't really all that much, hell a year down the toilet isnt that much really.

As I have now down, my baltimore mk2, were proven wholly ineffective, though about three time more effective then the mk1 baltimore. That was a year of retooling, building and six months of fleet training.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: February 03, 2010, 06:16:11 pm »

Ah, that could cause some confusion, That post i made was in response to just your sarcastic post Mr.Wiggles, not to everyone I'm sorry if i offended anyone who misunderstood.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 03, 2010, 07:20:14 pm »

His main point, one which I agree with, is that we all started about the same time and are finding out how things work by experimentation.

Most of your questions we know the answer to because we experimented a bit or by searching the (admittedly sparce cq dense) forums of Aurora.

It is a bit like watching a movie with a friend, both of you haven't seen it, yet your friend insists on asking you all sorts of inane questions on the background or characters of the flick. If he had just paid attention instead of blabbing all the time, he'd know as much as you, which isn't that much to begin with!
Do you see what I mean?

try to enjoy the challenge of learning the unknown.

----
In my current game I made the mistake of researching jumpengines with a 2550 mass limit, far too small for any effective ship besides missileboats.
I haven't any PP scientists, only several M&K and one logistics girl, so research into construction, P&P, energy and defence is SLOW(er).

My next generation of ships will employ a 9K drive, enough room to fit more than a single trackingsystem in.

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 03, 2010, 07:24:54 pm »

But some people have played it for a long time, and so would those people who know a lot about this game please PM me if they don't mind the questions i have.

PS: I know my diplomacy team is somewhere because they are gaining experience somehow.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:26:46 pm by Micro102 »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 03, 2010, 07:26:36 pm »

But some people have played it for a long time, and so would those people who know a lot about this game please PM me if they don't mind the questions i have.

Those how have been playing longer then the origin of this post are on the aurora forum itself.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 03, 2010, 07:27:27 pm »

His main point, one which I agree with, is that we all started about the same time and are finding out how things work by experimentation.

Most of your questions we know the answer to because we experimented a bit or by searching the (admittedly sparce cq dense) forums of Aurora.

It is a bit like watching a movie with a friend, both of you haven't seen it, yet your friend insists on asking you all sorts of inane questions on the background or characters of the flick. If he had just paid attention instead of blabbing all the time, he'd know as much as you, which isn't that much to begin with!
Do you see what I mean?

----
In my current game I made the mistake of researching jumpengines with a 2550 mass limit, far too small for any effective ship besides missileboats.
I haven't any PP scientists, only several M&K and one logistics girl, so research into construction, P&P, energy and defence is SLOW(er).

My next generation of ships will employ a 9K drive, enough room to fit more than a single trackingsystem in.

2550 mass is enough for a few designs. Like survey vessels.

Here an example :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 03, 2010, 07:27:46 pm »

but the guys on the forums keep telling me to look in the tutorials even though i tell them that there isn't enough information here.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 03, 2010, 07:28:29 pm »

Do you see what I mean?

THANK YOU!

----

In my current game, I've had EW, PP and Sensor with 20 labs and 30% bonus. As such, missiles have severely lacked.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 03, 2010, 07:33:31 pm »

but the guys on the forums keep telling me to look in the tutorials even though i tell them that there isn't enough information here.

Then you can't be helped?

As stated before, most of your questions can be answer by yourself with time and experimentation.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 03, 2010, 07:44:22 pm »

But those questions have saved me, at my guess, weeks of time restarting this game trying to figure stuff out.

And I'm sure other people found them useful, otherwise they would be qualified as not starting at the same time as me and be able to answer my questions.

Anyway I'll wait for a PM and go to the Aurora forums again if i have to.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 03, 2010, 07:51:44 pm »

But those questions have saved me, at my guess, weeks of time restarting this game trying to figure stuff out.

Of all places to use this as a reasonable excuse.

LOSING IS FUN!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 03, 2010, 07:56:43 pm »

Of all places to use this as a reasonable excuse.

LOSING IS FUN!

Tell me about it.

Starting countless times with a conventional empire and getting wooped by invading npr's every time has teached me alot.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 1347