Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809649 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5010 on: June 19, 2011, 09:59:16 pm »

"Planet Suitability (colony cost) *insert lots of spaces here* Unsuitable"

Let's dump 20 more infrastructure on there and see what happens.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: June 19, 2011, 10:16:25 pm »

For some reason, no matter what time increment I use that is above a few hours, it will only advance about 6 hours, even on 30 days. Why is this?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: June 19, 2011, 10:18:20 pm »

Turn on SM mode and check the events. What does it say?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:51 pm »

Oh, my planet scanners ran out of gas before they got back to Earth, the little buggers are stranded about halfway between Earth and the outer asteroid belt.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: June 19, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »

"Planet Suitability (colony cost) *insert lots of spaces here* Unsuitable"

Let's dump 20 more infrastructure on there and see what happens.

If it says unsuitable next to colony cost, it means it can't be colonized, period. The only way for it to support a population is to create orbital habitats for it.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: June 19, 2011, 10:23:08 pm »

My screen needs to be taller than it is, width is ok

How tall is your resolution?

768. My max resolution is 1360*768, so even with the reduced height option some buttons of some windows are hidden
If you're running XP, there's an option to go for a larger resolution than your monitor can show at once. Otherwise, if you're on 7, you're pretty much bummed like me.

EDIT: If you have another monitor, connect that, right click on the desktop and click screen resolution, and in the multiple displays menu, select extend these displays. Then drag the numbered screens around so one is above the other.

I'm on 7 and no other monitor so I guess I'll have to wait till I get a monitor... Thanks for you answers

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: June 19, 2011, 10:28:11 pm »

So, what would I need to recover a stranded 6350 ton vessel drifting in space?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: June 19, 2011, 10:34:17 pm »

Get another ship to the same location, then open the Ships window (F6), Miscellaneous tab, Manual Fuel Transfer (ships).
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: June 19, 2011, 10:56:56 pm »

Gah, how do I turn on a terraformer? Even though I have a ship with terraformer modules nothing happens. Also, how do I heat/cool a planet?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: June 19, 2011, 11:02:33 pm »

...Read my post. It explains everything to know about Terraforming. Well, almost everything.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: June 19, 2011, 11:10:20 pm »

So "unsuitable" planets are impossible to colonize?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: June 19, 2011, 11:14:28 pm »

Yup. You need to give it orbital colonies.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: June 19, 2011, 11:35:26 pm »

Well, I just sent my Long Range Scout (8 military engines + 300,000 tons of fuel ftw, 3741 km/s) through an un-studied Jump Gate (I don't even know how to study it) and the scout was lost forever. Apparently it isn't capable of going back through under it's own power.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: June 19, 2011, 11:43:10 pm »

You need a Jump Drive to get through a Jump Point without a Jump Gate. Sometimes spawned Jump Gates do not have Jump Gates on the opposite size for whatever reason.

You'll have to either send another ship that's bigger than it and has a Jump Drive and put the scout in the same Task Group, or send a Constructor and build a gate on the opposite side.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: June 19, 2011, 11:55:24 pm »

So I have a jump gate builder over there, how do I build it?
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 1347