Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2812589 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #4095 on: April 03, 2011, 04:03:30 pm »

Solved my problem. Apparently, when building ships, if the task group is not orbiting the same planet, it'll freeze until the ships are built.

Yeah, generally speaking the best way to build fleets is to use a 'Shipyard Fleet', which everything builds to. Once the ships are built, move them to their own fleets manually (I normally break off fleets with the 'split TG' button, then rename the fleet to whatever.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: April 03, 2011, 04:18:48 pm »

Some day in the long long long long long long long long long long long long long long future I'll be able to play this game competently.

To ephasise long, I typed them all individually.
Distant, not long.

The future isn't an object. It can't be long. :P
A pause isn't an object but it can be long. A rather long pause is common, especially after inappropriate jokes.
But a pause is a section of time, it is an "object". The point of the future defined in the first quote is a point in time, it isn't an "object", it's a point.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:22:42 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: April 03, 2011, 04:22:14 pm »

Would you be satisfied if I said "distant future" is idiomatically correct but "long future" is not (in this case, though there may be exceptions), even if I can't justify it grammatically?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4098 on: April 03, 2011, 04:23:05 pm »

Some day in the long long long long long long long long long long long long long long future I'll be able to play this game competently.

To ephasise long, I typed them all individually.
Distant, not long.

The future isn't an object. It can't be long. :P
A pause isn't an object but it can be long. A rather long pause is common, especially after inappropriate jokes.
But a pause is a section of time, it is an "object". The future in the first quote is a point in time, it isn't an "object", it's a point.
What about multiple possible futures? Your future is different from mine! :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: April 03, 2011, 04:26:02 pm »

Would you be satisfied if I said "distant future" is idiomatically correct but "long future" is not (in this case, though there may be exceptions), even if I can't justify it grammatically?
...Yes? I'm not arguing with you right now, I'm arguing with forsaken.

...What? I... I really don't think I can respond to that without thinking for several hours.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: April 03, 2011, 04:28:01 pm »

Damn it, forsaken!  You changed your avatar.  Now I'll have to relearn your name/image association.

...Yes? I'm not arguing with you right now, I'm arguing with forsaken.

Just tryin' to help out. :-\

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: April 03, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »

Damn it, forsaken!  You changed your avatar.  Now I'll have to relearn your name/image association.
Yeeeaaaahhh that tends to happen.

Well, at least you can remember me by my avatars containing a lot of gray metal objects, and by most of my avatars being space things.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4102 on: April 03, 2011, 04:35:27 pm »

...What? I... I really don't think I can respond to that without thinking for several hours.
Or in the case of branching timelines, there are an infinite number of possible futures! :D

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: April 03, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »

"Long time ago" is correct, right? So "long time into the future" should be a correct reversal of that.

"Long future" probably means that after the day it happens it will last for a prolonged period of time. Like "after you'll climb the learning curve of this game you'll have long future with it".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: April 03, 2011, 05:35:51 pm »

Yeeeaaaahhh that tends to happen.

Well, at least you can remember me by my avatars containing a lot of gray metal objects, and by most of my avatars being space things.

Considering your quote, shouldn't your avatar be of the planet or something?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: April 03, 2011, 05:46:00 pm »

"Long time ago" is correct, right? So "long time into the future" should be a correct reversal of that.
Yes, because it has "time into the" in it.

Considering your quote, shouldn't your avatar be of the planet or something?
Maaayyybe. I just don't ever feel like a planet avatar. I've used some planet avatars before, though I just don't want to anymore for some reason.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:47:57 pm by Tarran »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: April 03, 2011, 09:56:42 pm »

How about a mecha-planet?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: April 03, 2011, 09:58:06 pm »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4108 on: April 03, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »

How about a mecha-planet?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: April 04, 2011, 07:45:46 am »

I have set up my first extrasolar colony! I'm so proud of myself :D
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1347