Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2813175 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3765 on: March 04, 2011, 08:40:53 pm »

Read the tutorials. Take one thing at a time. Ask what you can't find out here.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: March 04, 2011, 08:42:22 pm »

I love how the tutorials didn't tell me how to build a ship when I selected a tutorial on how to make a ship. So yay! the tutorials are as user friendly as the game!

AHHH AURORA WHY!!!!????!!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:44:52 pm by Neonivek »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: March 04, 2011, 08:50:54 pm »

Calm down. Shouting doesn't make you look smart.

To build a ship after you've designed it, you have to open a population, go to Manage Shipyards, select a shipyard that's big enough to build one and is the right orientation commercial-military wise (N means Navy/military, C means Commercial), retool (via Shipyard Complex Activity's drop-down), and finally build it via Create Task.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: March 04, 2011, 08:56:00 pm »

SO MANY MENUS.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: March 04, 2011, 08:57:14 pm »

I think I'm finally done (nothing else on the active or passive scanners, anyway). With the end of hostilities, I decided to count up all the wrecks in the system:
Total bodycount:
Ships lost: Terran Federation: 109 (82 fighters, 21 warships, 5 commercial ships)
Wormhole Aliens: 19 (18 warships, 1 commercial ship)
Tonnage lost: Terran Federation: 516,450 (41,000 fighters, 196,000 warships, 279,450 commercial)
Wormhole Aliens: 559,400 (434400 Warships, 125,000 commercial)

Bravo.

Has anyone else gotten a problem when installing this on Vista? I keep getting error 52s.
Works fine for me on Vista. After searching both this thread and the official forums, it seems like a 52 error is completely new. I'd post on the official forums if you need help.

I think I'll have another try at it tonight. It might have something to do with the underlying language of my system being set to japanese for h-game purposes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: March 04, 2011, 08:59:16 pm »

To build a ship after you've designed it, you have to open a population, go to Manage Shipyards, select a shipyard that's big enough to build one and is the right orientation commercial-military wise (N means Navy/military, C means Commercial), retool (via Shipyard Complex Activity's drop-down), and finally build it via Create Task.

Doesn't work. I found that on my own for the most part... but it won't allow me to select the ships I make...

I am not screaming to sound smart... I am screaming because I actually got a headache because Aurora is apperantly two games.

1) Trying to discipher the game
2) Trying to discipher the Walkthrough
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:01:53 pm by Neonivek »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: March 04, 2011, 09:00:24 pm »

Doesn't work
What part doesn't work? You're going to have to give more information or there's no way we'll be able to answer.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: March 04, 2011, 09:02:39 pm »

Doesn't work
What part doesn't work? You're going to have to give more information or there's no way we'll be able to answer.

I designed a ship but it won't show up to be built despite having 4 different shipyards for SOME reason.

Decimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:18 pm »

Have you retooled the shipyard to that ship?  Is the shipyard large enough for the ship?
Quote from: Duke 2.0
Urist McMood: Must have... Glass!
 Kogan McHauler: We were able to get a few pieces from some encrusted trinkets. Hopefully, thats al-Oh CRAP we don't have any fuel!
 Urist McMood: That won't be a problem...
 *Starts bending metal with his bare hands*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: March 04, 2011, 09:08:16 pm »

Have you retooled the shipyard to that ship?  Is the shipyard large enough for the ship?

One of my starting Shipyards could support a ship 10 times larger then the one I am trying to build if I am reading it right.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: March 04, 2011, 09:09:46 pm »

Are the shipyards on the same military-commercial orientation? I.e, if the ship is military, are the shipyards military/navy? If the ship is commercial, are the shipyards commercial? Commercial shipyards CANNOT build military ships and vice versa.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: March 04, 2011, 09:11:11 pm »

Are the shipyards on the same military-commercial orientation? I.e, if the ship is military, are the shipyards military/navy? If the ship is commercial, are the shipyards commercial? Commercial shipyards CANNOT build military ships and vice versa.

I have both military and commercial and both are capable of building the ship (which is commercial).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: March 04, 2011, 09:13:30 pm »

Okay then, can you retool the shipyard for the ship then?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: March 04, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »

Okay then, can you retool the shipyard for the ship then?

I am going to try another solution I had to really look for in the tutorial. but it is going to take over a year to get to even attempt...

Got it working...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:18:42 pm by Neonivek »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: March 04, 2011, 09:21:19 pm »

I think I'm finally done (nothing else on the active or passive scanners, anyway). With the end of hostilities, I decided to count up all the wrecks in the system:
Total bodycount:
Ships lost: Terran Federation: 109 (82 fighters, 21 warships, 5 commercial ships)
Wormhole Aliens: 19 (18 warships, 1 commercial ship)
Tonnage lost: Terran Federation: 516,450 (41,000 fighters, 196,000 warships, 279,450 commercial)
Wormhole Aliens: 559,400 (434400 Warships, 125,000 commercial)

Spoke a little too soon - I'd edit, but since we're already on a new page, thought I'd just post a new message - ran into another 64,000 ton ship. Killed it, losing 2 fighters, 3 warships and having one of my warships completely stripped of all its weapon systems and most of its engines - it's limping home now.

So it took a 'mere' 36,000 tons (+another 14,000 tons out of the battle) to take out 64,000 tons.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1347