Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814263 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3000 on: March 28, 2010, 08:59:27 pm »

As advice if the bottom buttons are cut off when you set the task bar to auto hide it may show just enough to see some of the line of buttons next in line, This means you have access to the copy design and rename design buttons so I just get it to the size to make a new class and make a ton of empty ones then close the window and open it again so that none of the stuff looks wonkey on the class ceation screen.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: March 28, 2010, 09:00:33 pm »

Unfortunately, Windows 7 tries to "help" by not allowing me to move that 50ish pixel top bar above the top of the screen

Believe it or not, Vista does not have that problem. :P

Vista is ok after you fix a crapload of stuff, but its still is worse than XP in many ways, at-least Vista has some new features, still, if my XP's specs was better I would be using it instead of this Vista, its just Vista does not suck as much as you think once you fix Microsoft's crap.

and I feel your pain Grendus, my screen is 1440x900, I'm wider than I need, and I'm shorter than I need. :(
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: March 28, 2010, 09:02:42 pm »

Makes me glad that my screen is exactly 1280*1024.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: March 28, 2010, 09:05:20 pm »

Makes me glad that my screen is exactly 1280*1024.

You're not helping.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: March 28, 2010, 09:06:13 pm »

;D
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: March 28, 2010, 09:17:46 pm »

Question: If you give civilians a ship with hyperdrive, will they use it once they get outside of the hyper limit? Would you have to set up waypoints?
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: March 28, 2010, 09:37:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is what I do to make it work for me on my vista laptop. uses ResizeEnable and SDesk.
I am quoting my quote for you oh troubled one! It should work for sides getting cut off just as well as the bottom but maybe not, you never know with computers.

Sorry but this just horribly is unclear and doesn't make sense. I tried forcing a higher resolution on my monitor but it doesn't like that and refused to display anything for an hour until I managed to fix it.

EDIT: I actually did follow your steps as accurately as possible but I couldn't replicate what you were doing there.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: March 28, 2010, 10:50:10 pm »

I know there was a window that lets you search for specific minerals in systems, but can't find it. Anyone know where it is? I'm running low on Sorium, I processed almost all of mine into fuel and now I need to make sure I have some for processing/construction. I need to find more so I can set up Alpha Centauri A-V as a refueling station.

My terraforming fleet is working wonders. Mars and Proxima Centauri A-II have both been terraformed. Mars is almost large enough to be a colonist source, and PCAII has finally begun to receive colonists. I've begun sucking the ammonia out of Alpha Centauri A-V. Once that's done I just need to pump in oxygen and some greenhouse gasses and it will be a viable colony like the others. Then I'm debating terraforming the other viable colonies in the system, might be interesting to have multiple colonies but at the same time getting the civilian companies to build civilian liners is already a nightmare, I really want to focus on getting way-colonies set up for exploring even further into deep space.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: March 28, 2010, 10:51:54 pm »

I know there was a window that lets you search for specific minerals in systems, but can't find it. Anyone know where it is? I'm running low on Sorium, I processed almost all of mine into fuel and now I need to make sure I have some for processing/construction. I need to find more so I can set up Alpha Centauri A-V as a refueling station.
Economics window->Geo Status(its a button at the bottom.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: March 28, 2010, 10:56:03 pm »

Or, just select the Geological Survey button next to the Shipping Lines button next to the Sectors button. :P

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: March 29, 2010, 04:14:37 pm »

Serious question: How do you make ships USE the asteroid miner component?

The TG has "move to mineral site at Sol-A Asteroid #92" as the only plotted move.
Sol-A Asteroid #92 does have minerals on it, and the TG has been there for a while.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3011 on: March 29, 2010, 04:17:41 pm »

I think that order is broken currently, I've never gotten it to work. I just use automated mines.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: March 29, 2010, 04:28:13 pm »

How do you make ships USE the asteroid miner component?

They automatically begin mining when around a asteroid/comet. So i dont follow your complaint.

I think that order is broken currently, I've never gotten it to work. I just use automated mines.

.... It definately isnt broken, I use it and my mining ships run from asteroid to asteroid all on their lonesome.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3013 on: March 29, 2010, 04:29:17 pm »

Hm, when I set it (just tried it now) the asteroid mining TG just sits on earth and does nothing. Do you have to remove all non-miners from the TG?

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: March 29, 2010, 04:30:21 pm »

Hm, when I set it (just tried it now) the asteroid mining TG just sits on earth and does nothing. Do you have to remove all non-miners from the TG?

That may be possible, I have built together asteroid mining ships that have 1 cargo bay. I dont bring different ships with.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1347