Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2815009 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #1665 on: February 11, 2010, 09:05:09 pm »

MrWiggles, I assume you've never gotten to this tech level before?

I maxed everything out. I have nothing left to research. Tracking speed cannot get any faster than that. It's impossible.

What I'm using:
Code: [Select]
Fire Control Fire Control S16 700-100000 H10
50% Accuracy at Range: 700,000 km     Tracking Speed: 100000 km/s
Size: 16 HS    HTK: 1    Cost: 31500    Crew: 80
Chance of destruction by electronic damage: 10%
Materials Required: 7875x Duranium  23625x Uridium

Is the most powerful beam fire control you can possibly create in this game without modifying the game code.

There's no missile defense detection systems because I have twenty (That's 20 x 20 + 10 x 4 railguns) of the very best CIWS you can possibly ever get in this game. Yes, it's not invulnerable in terms of missile defense but I assure you that it's quite well covered as it is. The way this game is made, once you reach max tech, any ship can be defeated just by building a bigger ship or more ships... as the only unlimited number in the code is the tonnage. Anything smaller than this will get pulverized.

To prove my point, my tiny planet destroyer would be obliterated by my 4.5m ton flagship.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And my flagship would be obliterated by my PDCs, which are a bit too ridiculous to put here at 73m tons. Those then would be obliterated by my anti-PDC supergun, still under construction with an eta of 7 years.

It's completely retarded though, as I have nothing to fight that can even harm these things. The in-game leader of my people just has a very small penis.

Edit: I think I should start a new NPR race and play as that then try and kill my old race.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 11, 2010, 09:11:53 pm »

Chtullu!
Those doomsday missiles cost more than any of my ships so far.
A size 100 box launcher would take how long to reload? Probably an hour or so. Just ...
I'd probably make size 100s boxed as well, the normal reload times for s100s exceeds the average engagement duration anyhow.

I wonder if NPRs differentiate between missiletypes?
In my experience they are very good at estimating how many AMMs are needed to kill a salvo...
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 11, 2010, 09:17:18 pm »

I think they do differentiate. I've seen them use different missiles for different targets even though they were in the same range.

They used laser warheads to kill my fast attack craft and regular anti-missiles to kill my regular cluster missiles but it might have been a coincidence. My doomsday missiles would have been completely useless against AI too, if they were at my tech level. Don't build them, size 100 missiles are really impractical and easy to kill. Just funny to use.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 11, 2010, 09:21:49 pm »

It's their ESP, they know everything your ship is made out of.

An instead of a size 100 missile, plz make a ship with 100 1 sized launchers....I want to see the screen shot when you attack the enemy.  ;D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 11, 2010, 09:23:52 pm »

It's their ESP, they know everything your ship is made out of.

An instead of a size 100 missile, plz make a ship with 100 1 sized launchers....I want to see the screen shot when you attack the enemy.  ;D
Your wish has already been fulfilled. Look up and at my spoiler.

I'll see about giving you a screenshot.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:48 pm »

I need a tears of blood smiley. The blood can come from the victims.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 11, 2010, 10:06:01 pm »

Well i think quad just does more damage to one target, so 4 individual ones could destroy puny weak missiles 4 times as fast (mesons go through armor)

Of course I'm not entirely sure about turrets so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Like I said, you are using only 1 Fire Control for all 4 of the turrets.  That means you can only aim at 1 ship anyways.  If you had 4 Fire Controls for each one of your 4 turrets, then yea, 4 turrets is fine.

Your Meson Turret also has a RoF of 5 seconds.  The shortest game time passing is 5 seconds... I'll call it a Turn for illustration.
With 1 FC and 4 Single Turret, you can only aim and fire at 1 enemy ship per Turn.  A Quad would be better in this case.
With 2 FC and 4 Single Turret, you can aim and fire at 2 different enemy ships per Turn. 2 Dual would be ideal for this case.
With 4 FC and 4 Single Turret, you can aim and fire at 4 different enemy ships per Turn.  4 Singles would be ideal for this case.

With a RoF-5(5 seconds), it reloads per Turn, 4 single Meson Turrets don't matter.  A Quad is better in this case for saving room.
With a RoF-10(10 seconds), it reloads per 2 Turns.  4 single Meson Turrets or 2 Dual would give you a better chance of shooting every Turn.

Use the Quad turret.

damdamdamdamdamdamdamdamdamdamdamdam

I just found out that ignoring the gravity settings at the beginning of the game. That combined with mars having no minerals......I want to restart but I finally got all my ships planned out....dam
You can get into SM mode and change the gravity settings(Ctrl+F2) and give Mars minerals(F9) among other things...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 11, 2010, 10:17:52 pm »

Screenshots:
Before firing:

After firing:

Kaboom:

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 11, 2010, 10:24:50 pm »

Huh? But that was only 1 ship in the last screen shot that was destroyed.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 11, 2010, 10:26:55 pm »

You blind? There's a fuckton in the first image.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29:30 pm »

Yeah. Too lazy to assign so many targets every 5 seconds. So I assign every single missile to one fire control per ship and assign every ship to shoot one thing per round. Saves so much time even though it's inefficient.

I've got 32 support cruisers, 2 planet destroyers, and that flagship in that task group. It would have been ridiculous to assign all the targets.

I guess when I have the time, I can take a screenshot of that battle group killing everything in one salvo.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 11, 2010, 10:34:39 pm »

Hey micro, if you're still wondering about the .75/2x missile tech: keep researching it and you eventually get box launchers; the missile, and a launch rail. No more, no less. Very useful for fighters, but can only be reloaded in a hangar or maintenence facility.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 11, 2010, 10:55:38 pm »

Anyone know where i can look up all the terms for this game like box launcher and parasite without reading an entire book?

Also, anyway to keep all of my orders being deleted whenever a ship has to refuel?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 11, 2010, 11:36:11 pm »

No

Set refuel orders yourself before the ship needs to auto-refuel.  (Its just so easy to answer alot of your questions....)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 12, 2010, 12:11:25 am »

It wouldn't be easy if there actually was a way and you didn't know  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1347