Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814772 times)

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #13485 on: April 25, 2013, 08:55:20 pm »

It's done automatically based on what's already there, you just need a mine to be already there.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: April 26, 2013, 05:46:25 am »

Redownloading Aurora to play it for the first time in ages.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13487 on: April 26, 2013, 08:53:24 am »

I want to use the default orders for my freighters to delivery automated mine to mining colony... But how do I designate a colony as such? I created a colony on a comet, but they are not delivering.

Colonies get automatically assigned to their category dependant on what facilities are present.

I'm assuming you mean you want to get your civilians to move auto-mines to the colony? To do that using the civilians tab of the colony window, set up a supply contract for auto-mines at earth and set up a demand contract for auto-mines at the colony.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

TrashCanMan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: April 26, 2013, 05:41:27 pm »

Yeah, I believe there is a guide on the Aurora forums as well. Lemme see if I can't dig it up.

Ed: Yeah, it is incredibly simple.

1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Clock, Language, and Region
3. Region and Language
4. Formats tab
5. Additional Settings button
6. Find the decimal separator line and change it.

You'll probably also want to change the digit grouping symbol and change it to ','.

OMG i just registered to thank you and ask for this info to be included on the installation guide, i had problem with both those values, decimal separator was completelly screwing the game, it was even ctd with strange errors...and the grouping symbol was giving me some strange behaviour, as example when adding more than 1 module to a ship in the "Class Design" window i was getting the "Brief Summary Display" box allmost empty of information...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: April 26, 2013, 07:04:41 pm »

Yeah, I believe there is a guide on the Aurora forums as well. Lemme see if I can't dig it up.

Ed: Yeah, it is incredibly simple.

1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Clock, Language, and Region
3. Region and Language
4. Formats tab
5. Additional Settings button
6. Find the decimal separator line and change it.

You'll probably also want to change the digit grouping symbol and change it to ','.

OMG i just registered to thank you and ask for this info to be included on the installation guide, i had problem with both those values, decimal separator was completelly screwing the game, it was even ctd with strange errors...and the grouping symbol was giving me some strange behaviour, as example when adding more than 1 module to a ship in the "Class Design" window i was getting the "Brief Summary Display" box allmost empty of information...

Haha, glad I was of service.  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: April 27, 2013, 05:40:38 am »

For the first time, I've encountered an NPR just one jump away from Sol. Two ships and two different pdcs. I quickly noticed that they have some nice engine and particle beam tech. The two ships which are 9500 tons could travel at 8.6k km/s and each had one strength 9 particle beam weapon with a range of around 150km (observed) and some unknown number of PD's. First time I've seen the particle weapons being used ever. They also had some ridiculously strong armor when one of them managed to tank a total of 9 strength 8 missiles without showing any signs of damage despite having an armour rating of 2. My cruiser, which had an armour rating of 4 could barely hold against their particle weapons.

As for the PDCs, both are of the same size (19500 tons) and have active sensors though one has around 18 gauss cannons in it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: April 27, 2013, 11:10:25 am »

That is most likely not an NPR.

-Particle beams
-Good engines
-Large defense stations with a shitton of gauss cannons.
-Good armor.

Yeah, I think we all know who these bots are.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: April 27, 2013, 11:55:18 am »

Isn't every AI considered an "NPR", which stands for "Non-Player-Race"? Or am I mistaken?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: April 27, 2013, 12:14:56 pm »

Technically yes, but it's more often to specifically mean the ones that work the same way as the player, not the spoilers.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: April 27, 2013, 12:29:07 pm »

What Mini said. They're all "NPR"s, but for the sake of clarity the term is used to refer specifically to non-player empires. I have to say, though, there sure is a lot of public radio in space.

3. Run Resize Enable

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: April 27, 2013, 06:23:22 pm »

I initially though they were NPR's until I realized they had PDCS. Also tried communicating with them but they didn't want to. Should have said bots instead  :P. Oh well, they've taken two of my commanders as prisoners already and they slightly out tech me right now. I do wonder where there missiles went. Haven't seen them use missiles yet or do those bots that use particle beams and gauss cannons have no missiles?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: April 27, 2013, 07:18:30 pm »

Precursor tech varies from game to game, but they tend to consistently use some combination of AMMs, particle cannons, gauss cannons, and ASMs.

3. Run Resize Enable

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: April 28, 2013, 05:18:33 am »

Sometimes precursors also use laser armed ships.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: April 28, 2013, 05:39:42 am »

Hyperdrivers.(you cheeky bugger)
Hyperdrives.

How build.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:06:08 am by FritzPL »

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: April 28, 2013, 05:42:55 am »

Build? They are dime a dozen. Set up an ambush on a road and ambush the first hyper driver that comes.

Hyperdrives, now that's another thing altogether... I don't think I've progressed that far with this bug-ridden game. Sooner or later it crashes.
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1347