Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2818990 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #11640 on: September 26, 2012, 08:02:18 am »

I'm trying to make a sucessful mun landing before upgrading from the demo, was mechjeb ever compatible with 13.3?
I seem to have novapunch that is compatable so i'm wondering if there was anything still available that would give improved data like speed altitude and etc like mechjeb does, and i can't seem to find anything like that in the forums.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: September 26, 2012, 08:07:53 am »

I'm trying to make a sucessful mun landing before upgrading from the demo, was mechjeb ever compatible with 13.3?
I seem to have novapunch that is compatable so i'm wondering if there was anything still available that would give improved data like speed altitude and etc like mechjeb does, and i can't seem to find anything like that in the forums.
This is not KSP.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: September 26, 2012, 12:51:31 pm »

HA, I mixed threads up, i wonder what i ended up posting in the KSP thread.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11643 on: September 26, 2012, 01:39:36 pm »

Is there a button you have to press to make asteroid miners actually mine?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: September 26, 2012, 01:49:51 pm »

Nope just put em in orbit and they go to it.  I think it does have to be designated a colony though...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11645 on: September 26, 2012, 04:23:15 pm »

yes, asteroid miners that have been moved to a colony on an asteroid will automatically mine and place their haul in the colonies stockpile. Make sure you have used the "move to" and not the "orbit" command to move them there, while a 0km orbit puts them at the same location, the game does not treat them as if they are at the colony.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: September 26, 2012, 04:27:43 pm »

Make sure you have used the "move to" and not the "orbit" command to move them there, while a 0km orbit puts them at the same location, the game does not treat them as if they are at the colony.
What exactly are the effects of this? I'm pretty sure I've only used extended orbit commands for mining fleets, and they seem to work fine.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: September 26, 2012, 05:31:48 pm »

Make sure you have used the "move to" and not the "orbit" command to move them there, while a 0km orbit puts them at the same location, the game does not treat them as if they are at the colony.
What exactly are the effects of this? I'm pretty sure I've only used extended orbit commands for mining fleets, and they seem to work fine.

Hrm. How long does an extended orbit last anyways?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: September 26, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »

Forever, as far as I can tell.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: September 26, 2012, 06:15:52 pm »

I seem to recall that the flavor difference is that normal 'move to' orders have the ships land on the system body. Could be wrong, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11650 on: September 26, 2012, 06:44:50 pm »

The trouble I usually run into with asteroid miners is having to issue the move command twice. You can order a move to a body that isn't a colony and the game will automatically create a colony for you, but then you have to issue the move command again to get them to actually register as "mining modules in orbit".
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: September 26, 2012, 07:25:48 pm »

The trouble I usually run into with asteroid miners is having to issue the move command twice. You can order a move to a body that isn't a colony and the game will automatically create a colony for you, but then you have to issue the move command again to get them to actually register as "mining modules in orbit".

You have to do this when joining fleets too. Since sometimes I stack like 20 plus miners on a single asteroid and have the newly produced ones join the fleets already mining.

It's pretty annoying.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: September 27, 2012, 01:52:09 am »

I use this strategy too, a big mining fleets that strips one asteroid at a time, with a sibgle freighter carring a mass driver

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: September 27, 2012, 10:30:16 am »

I've been pumping greenhouse gases into the Martian atmosphere for 20 years, but the temperature hasn't budged.  How long does it take to heat up a planet?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: September 27, 2012, 10:39:31 am »

I've been pumping greenhouse gases into the Martian atmosphere for 20 years, but the temperature hasn't budged.  How long does it take to heat up a planet?

There is a cap on how hot you can make a world.  Only the first 3 atmospheres count towards heating the planet.

Hence why Titan sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 1347