Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I don't want to play anymore....  (Read 3172 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: I don't want to play anymore....
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 07:12:48 am »

Well I have been having a break for some time now and I'm thinking of continuing my fort.
What makes me hesitate ist the hords of imigrants I have to manage as soon as I reload my save :/

Normally wouldn't be a problem, but I've been quite busy in the lsat time...

Same. No sooner do I get enough booze and food going and more bedrooms carved out, here comes the next bunch.  Bah.

Isn't magma a good solution?

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 11:24:59 am »

Orc mod tended to make adventure mode unplayable with wolf spider world encounters. Anyways, all accounts say they aren't as tough as Dig Deeper orcs.

Technically, Orc mod orcs are actually slightly faster and tougher, and can avoid webs, so I think those are stronger.

Interesting. I wonder how that compares with the Crucible Steel weapons in Dig Deeper. Wish we had the arena mode from the next version, I'm curious as to which is stronger now.

Also, magma pipes in mountain terrain are more likely to be either hidden or at least have a caldera.  Magma pipes in non-mountain terrain are usually exposed and flat all around.

Magma pipes in non-mountain terrain are usually, in my experience, covered. Maybe 1 in 4 are exposed, and those are a bitch to deal with, but most of them you have to dig down into.

I think the Orcs in dig deeper use steel though.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 12:33:25 pm »

Steel makes harvesting orcs quite lovely.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:37:11 pm by slink »
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3]