Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Tale of Daseb - UPDATE: Acute transplant rejection  (Read 2077 times)

Kinoko_Otoko

• Bay Watcher
  • Behold the saccharine visage of a fluffy wambler.
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of Daseb - UPDATE: Acute transplant rejection
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 02:17:30 pm »

I have yet to lose a dwarf on this map. I think I lost a cat once, but that was a while ago...

I'm pretty content to leave her in the cage actually. Maybe in the future I can use the same history seed to regen the map; won't this make all the same historical figs?

On a related note, I'm into my 4th year and no sieges yet; is it possible to have ambushes without a Goblin warlord?

On an awesome note, the latest ambush included a goblin wearing a narrow cave spider silk sock with not only a superiorly designed image of saguaros, which are awesome, but a masterfully designed image of Orgu Warmcurses the Hellish Fire the demon and goblins. Orgu is surrounded by the goblins. The artwork relates to the ascension of the demon Orgu Warmcurses to leadership of the Fiend of Boulders in 1. This is the demon that Daseb's husband and daughter worship.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 02:31:35 pm »

Funny how value works in DF.

"I don't care if it is a demon being worshipped by goblins, it's a really well-done scene, I'll pay you triple for it."
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 03:06:44 am »

Shhhhh.  :-X

Quiet about how value works in this game, I don't want the Human Caravans to think those Chert Toy Hammers don't actually repel Demons.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 01:21:54 pm »

They are dangerous ONLY if they kill a member of you civilization ON YOUR MAP.

I had a dragon who I am absolutely certain killed no one on my map, but was still untameable.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 01:25:20 pm »

I had a dragon who I am absolutely certain killed no one on my map, but was still untameable.

He was probably just pissed off about being trapped in a pine cage.  I mean, come on, a dragon in a pine cage?  Wouldn't that make you want to be untameable?

I'm pretty sure I've tamed dragons that have killed dwarves in legend mode.  May not have been the same civ, though.
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 01:48:37 pm »

Yeah, if it was a different civ, that would probably be ok.
Pages: 1 [2]