Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Friendly Megabeasts  (Read 2121 times)

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Megabeasts
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 03:31:37 am »

[CAN_LEARN]

without that , they can't get skills , which means they will never ever be the mayor/ruler/whatever of a civ

i added [intelligent], doesn't that mean they have can learn automatically?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 04:08:11 am »

INTELLIGENT is amalgam of CAN_SPEAK/LEARN/CIV.

I did say next version that gobbo leadership was up for megabeast behavior...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 06:30:08 am »

is going to be limited to gobbo's or will it be mod-able to extend to any and all races?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 01:44:00 pm »

is going to be limited to gobbo's or will it be mod-able to extend to any and all races?

Goblins have a society where basically the most powerful person available can just charge in, beat people up, an end up as the leader.

Other societies don't.

For the most part it seems like only "Powers" can become Civ leaders of Humans and Elves IF their spheres are right.

A problem with Megabeasts now is that there are no intelligent Megabeasts last I heard (unless Toady's statement of adding a Giant and Giantmen holds true) so they arn't going to take leadership roles.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:50:46 pm by Neonivek »

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 05:43:59 am »

I searched for this.

How about [MEGABEING] instead of [MEGABEAST]? A superior race dieing out. Maybe they'll help? Ask for directions!
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 05:16:41 pm »

in the new version megabeasts spawned in benign areas may ignore your dwarves
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:20 pm »

Goblins have a society where basically the most powerful person available can just charge in, beat people up, an end up as the leader.

Too bad you cant do that in adventure mode, just waltz into their tower and kill the current leader and become the new leader...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 12:10:45 am »

Too bad you cant do that in adventure mode, just waltz into their tower and kill the current leader and become the new leader...

I agree. Though I guess there needs to be a difference between taking control of the civilisation and just walking in killing things.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 02:16:54 am »

How about challenging a person to a duel?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 04:02:25 am »

[COMBAT_BY_CHAMPION:PERSONAL_MATTER]?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 05:48:40 pm »

No,no, more like Titans and intelligent creatures. Mythological creatures that are friendly usually can speak and whatnot.

Dragons can be intelligent... :(
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »

(In v'nill' DF they're not, though. I 'gree this is not how it ought be, but I could see it being one of the randomized things when dragons get RG'd.)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 02:25:39 am »

so, so far no world i have genned has anything other than demons becoming leader, although there are many many religions that worship megabeasts.

No,no, more like Titans and intelligent creatures. Mythological creatures that are friendly usually can speak and whatnot.

Dragons can be intelligent... :(

they are in my DF :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:57:12 am by Toastergargletop »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 01:25:32 am »

you do realise that [INTELLEGENT] does not give said race legendary community skills right off the bat? you require [CAN_LEARN]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 01:39:03 am »

you do realise that [INTELLEGENT] does not give said race legendary community skills right off the bat? you require [CAN_LEARN]

INTELLIGENT appears to be a tag that combines CAN_SPEAK, CAN_LEARN and CAN_CIV, and may possibly have a couple of additional minor effects.

So if the game didn't handle duplicate effects as well as it does, it'd be a bad idea to add any of those tags if the creature in question has INTELLIGENT. As it is, doing so is simply redundant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3