Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #6: Feedback  (Read 47941 times)

Alan Bolte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #6: Feedback
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 02:02:37 pm »

Toady lives! I was a little worried.
Yeah ma'am see the problem you have is you've got roof wolves. They're pretty common round here sometimes. The only thing I can do in this case is put a puma statue up there and hope it scares them off.
Whats that ma'am? You want me to shoot them?

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 02:21:32 pm »

Oh man, great update AS ALWAYS.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 02:35:10 pm »

Aww, I was sort of hoping there would be another challenge at the end. It'd make a nice addition to the podcasts. If you're worried about ideas, perhaps we could submit challenge ideas via email too.

There will be next time, hopefully!  Couldn't iron out details due to Toady's illness.
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 02:37:32 pm »

Heh. A particularly good one. Is that Enya I hear at about the 35 minute mark?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 02:39:41 pm »

Nifty indeed. I'm not as excited about adventure mode as some people, but it was fun to hear about the things that Toady has planned.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 03:37:08 pm »

kinda wished you'd talked more about the combat in adventure mode, since it's one of the major drawing points.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 03:40:42 pm »

As promised, I love you both forever.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 04:22:47 pm »

Wow I didn't even recognize Capntastic's voice at first without the fuzzy mic.

Heh. A particularly good one. Is that Enya I hear at about the 35 minute mark?

Nope, it's Adam Goh, whoever that is.  It'd been used in a previous podcast and people asked about it then:

Okay, I tracked down the info.  I got the music off a royalty-free music and sound effect site for Flash, I think it's http://www.flash-sounds.com/ but I can't be sure because I don't remember and I'm a bit lazy right now. 

The artist is Adam Goh, and the song is called "Temple."

I liked it because it reminded me of epic RPG video game music.  I don't really know anything about the song other than that.

kinda wished you'd talked more about the combat in adventure mode, since it's one of the major drawing points.

I was hoping for that too, but I guess I should have sent in some questions about it or something.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:24:55 pm by Footkerchief »

SenorOcho

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:13 pm »

Thanks for answering my question (re: enemy specific experience). I meant to leave this handle as my name, but apparently my email has my real name linked to it.

Yeah, forgot to leave my handle to mine too (generated cultures being offended by different items). Could also be interesting to see certain elf civilizations that even accept wood, or more hardliner ones that don't want ANYTHING that used to be alive (even petrified wood).  Perhaps we could even get personality traits for leaders at some point, which could affect offerings in a different way- maybe the human king ends up being really offended by something that the traders didn't notice, straining relations between your civilizations.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:14:28 pm by SenorOcho »

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 07:18:55 pm »

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 08:23:18 pm »

Welcome back, Toady. I'm glad you're feeling better, man.

Azrathud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 08:34:09 pm »

When I first played Dwarf Fortress, I thought the world generation was the game. O.O When I figured out it was not(kind of) and a world was genned I chose adventure mode... I walked around trying to do something. I think i died trying to swim in a river or something. I quit, stopped playing and forgot about DF for a few months. :)

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 09:28:22 pm »

Everyone using the podcast as proof that Toady's alive should be informed that this was recorded some time ago.  This thread could be a ghost post.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 09:36:51 pm »

Everyone using the podcast as proof that Toady's alive should be informed that this was recorded some time ago.  This thread could be a ghost post.

There aren't any ghosts in DF, so the real question is whether he's a Skeletal Toad or a Zombie Toad.  No way to tell unless you get close enough to look, and at that point he's probably already using your own skull to beat you to death.
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 09:56:05 pm »

I think having a doll with a triple bladed beard might be interesting... and dangerous...
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5