Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Cycloneaxes - A port town [community]  (Read 4264 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cycloneaxes - A port town [community]
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2010, 04:12:33 pm »

hmm personality for Harvi, a shy dwarf that prefers the company of fish over other beings?

Maybe seeing his thoughts and preferences pages will help? So thusly I request such. :)

Oh and you can also trade for the lay pewter. Or the composite bars to make it. I don't mind at all. My games usually have it as a requestable on the human trade list.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:14:04 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2010, 05:33:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harvi's personality sheet.
If anyone else wants to see their dwarfs personality sheet, just let me know.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2010, 06:59:57 pm »

This update will probably be missing a lot of things because I don't remember everything I played through last night. There wasn't anything major though, so that's good.
----------
Everyone was looking rather unenthusiastic and gloomy lately. One day I was pondering this in my office, and I thought of a great idea.
We've been building what the king has wanted us to build for 2 years now. We've been doing what the king wanted us to do for 2 years. We needed to do what we wanted and enjoy ourselves more.
That afternoon I called a meeting outside. The other stood around in the courtyard, speaking amongst themselves. I stepped up onto the walls and called for their attention.
"Ahem. Welcome, citizens of Cycloneaxes. All of us have made an arduous journey to get here. Some of you aren't even members of The Axe of Corridors, but you've been doing the kings will despite all of that. Well, today we change that. You write down something that you want to be done with this fine fortress, and set it on the table in my room. I'll read over them, and we will get to them as soon as we can."

Many of the dwarves looked happy at this news, and ran off immedietly to input suggestions. Some, however, just shrugged it off and stalked away.
This increased fortress moral and many dwarves went on with a new hop in their step.
To keep moral high, we started cleaning up the entrance to the fort, and  began construction of a road, to make it look nice.

And the final touch to the increasing of moral was getting rid of the worthless animals to make food, leather goods, and tallow, for the soap tower one dwarf requested.

When Autumn rolled around, our military started getting tense. They knew that we needed to break the orc siege that would most likely come fast so we could recieve news from the dwarves. Hilbo was always in his tower, and Wineslasher and Cerol were patrolling the surrounding land. What we weren't expecting came from the North. It wasn't orcs. It wasn't elves. It wasn't humans. It was the dwarves. Finally, contact with the homeland.

We were all overjoyed and that's when we let our gaurd down. We were happily bringing goods to the depot, when a few goblins popped out of ambush!

The caravan gaurds were arriving and promptly mowed them down.

Now did we not only have orcs and elves with their sights on us. The goblins wanted our wealth as well.

During the trading, the merchant and I shared information.
"How are the sea-floaters going at home?" I asked
He replied, "Not well, the orcs found our port and razed it to the ground."
"Damn orcs. They've been attacking the mountainhalls here too. I hope everyone else makes it out of there ok."
"You... you didn't hear? The dwarfs to the west are dead. There is no one left there."
"What? How? What happened to them?"
"The orcs overran their defenses and slaughtered the rest of the civilians."
That would explain why we hadn't seen any more refugees coming.

I was walking back to my room, when I saw the stonecrafter frantically working at the craftsdwarf workshop. I went over to talk to him, and when I got close, he turned around and looked straight at me, as if he was staring into my very sould. Distubed by his strange attitude, I walked away. After a few hours, he came out with a magnificantly crafted figurine.

A few days after that, a few of the dwarves reported seeing Stas, the record keeper, running through the halls screaming in a strange language. No doubt another possession. We really need to get an exorcist.
Anyways, the demon left his body and it had produced a magnetite throne, with an image of the stonecrafter's artifact on it.

With that, autumn had come and gone rather quickly. No orcs either, that was a plus.
--------
The port is about halfway finished now, but stoneblocks need to be made faster so I can start working on other stuff.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2010, 07:02:47 pm »

Have my guy make an art museum, out of cast obsidian (or just dig one out of the ground, so it looks like it was built above ground and visible from the port). It would have engravings made by 100killer9 behind clear glass windows made by him.

The nearest stone is 5 z-levels down. I could make a museum, but you would not be able to engrave it. If I do that, I'll just put all the artifacts in it.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2010, 07:19:57 pm »

Have my guy make an art museum, out of cast obsidian (or just dig one out of the ground, so it looks like it was built above ground and visible from the port). It would have engravings made by 100killer9 behind clear glass windows made by him.
THEN LOWER THE WORLD'S CRUST!
Seriously, I guess just have an open-air ramp down to it. That wouldn't be too hard.  Engrave the walls behind the artifacts you display there. And put a zoo in the middle.

The nearest stone is 5 z-levels down. I could make a museum, but you would not be able to engrave it. If I do that, I'll just put all the artifacts in it.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2010, 07:21:40 pm »

Alright, I'll get onto it soon.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »

Can I see Jackers personality sheet, please?
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »

Can you put my uber artifact chair in my epic office?

Oh and what about my mafiaindustry idea?

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2010, 10:01:22 pm »

Can I see Jackers personality sheet, please?

I haven't gotten another cook yet, because I haven't gotten a migrant wave in a while. And everyone else is already claimed or is doing something important.

Can you put my uber artifact chair in my epic office?

Oh and what about my mafiaindustry idea?

1. Yes, I'll do that
2. I haven't gotten to it yet, like I said I need all the wood for making barrel for booze and ash for the soap tower. Once that's done, I'll try to get a weapon industry up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:17:32 am by Beanchubbs »

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2010, 12:20:27 am »

Can I see sausage's sheet?

sorry I havent replied my internet has been down since early sturday and I missed all the updates.

but im caught up now
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2010, 12:24:33 am »

There you go. Your guy has actually saved our fort from dehydration twice now. I have him make massive amounts of lavish meals so I can get barrels to make booze.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2010, 07:44:38 am »

I wanna be lighthouse caretaker!

Cuz, there's no port without lighthouse, yes?

So, hauler for now, and then maybe mechanic? Dunno how you wanna keep the fires on.

Give me as much lonesome and unfriendly male dwarf you can find and I will be happy :)
I'm assuming you just wanna name the dwarf Haspen?

Yep!

And also, because my dwarf will spend much time alone, maybe give him manager/bookkeeper seat, if you want :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2010, 08:42:12 am »

haha that personality is just like me irl.

just keep that one for story writing. :)
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2010, 09:01:08 am »

Theres one trait on there I wouldn't want my chef to have....

Sausage begins to cook on his magma stove.
Sausage sees a shiny thing on the floor.
Sausage commences procrastination
!!Sausage!! continues cooking.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2010, 10:12:05 am »

At least he would die happy if he ever breaches a HFS.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6