Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Cycloneaxes - A port town [community]  (Read 4259 times)

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cycloneaxes - A port town [community]
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2010, 03:28:41 am »

You could have a raised tower near the port with an observation deck, as in windows for walls.

This would then be used by the dwarven port authority to monitor ship movements, control loading and unloading of vessels and hosting of fancy dinner parties.

Also how am I doing for marksdwarf levels? Am I elite yet?
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 03:49:00 am »

You could have a raised tower near the port with an observation deck, as in windows for walls.

This would then be used by the dwarven port authority to monitor ship movements, control loading and unloading of vessels and hosting of fancy dinner parties.

Also how am I doing for marksdwarf levels? Am I elite yet?

Yeah, I was thinking about making a type of control tower somewhere.

As for your marksdwarf levels, you were the 3rd champion of the fort. It was Wineslasher, Cerol, then you. All of your marksdwarf levels you got through hunting or killing orcs/elves too. I never set up a single archer target for you to practice on.
Sorry I thought I put that in there somewhere. I need to slow down on the updates so I can make sure I get everything in them.
I don't know your exact levels because I don't have DC to check, but I'd say you're at a pretty friggin kickass level. You have 123 kills.
Another thing about your dwarf, is that him and my dwarf are lovers. I took the female so everyone else could be what they specified.

Edit: I'm going to add a player building request section on the first page.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:08:12 am by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 04:11:18 am »

This sounds like it would be extremely fun. I'd like a dwarf named Jackers and have him become the port's cook :D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:13:46 am by Eztuzt »
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2010, 04:11:57 am »

Hit quote instead of modify to change my dwarf's name, sorry
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2010, 04:13:27 am »

This sounds like it would be extremely fun. I'd like a dwarf named Orange(Yes, Orange) and have him become the port's cook :D

You won't be the only cook, sausage the cook has been around for a while.
I can get you a cook, but you won't be the main one.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2010, 04:14:50 am »

That should be fine with me, they'll both become legendary eventually. Unless you need a fisherdwarf, I'd be fine with that :P

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2010, 04:15:40 am »

Nah, Harvi covers all the fishing.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2010, 06:55:09 am »

You know all those useless annoying rocks? Microcline, orthoclase, talc... anyhing else that is just ordinary rock but a bit different.

If you don't mind, I would like to have one each of those rocks, made as statues or other furniture, in a room underground. Rock collector yep.

As for a personality for my dwarf, he is a seriously cave-adapted dwarf, which dislikes sun light and likes rocks.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2010, 12:39:03 pm »

I'd like to start a weapon industry if possible Oh and could I call monopoly for weapon production?

Also I'd like to offer "protection" to other dwarves who start companies... If you see what I mean.

I'm the DwarfFather ...I mean I'm a guy with a company...Yeah.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:53:50 pm by Stas »

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Zades

• Bay Watcher
  • Do flying babies do blunt or gore damage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2010, 12:53:49 pm »

YOU WANT PERSONALITIES, I'LL GIVE YOU PERSONALITIES.  ;D

Zades has a terrible habit of being an optimist all the time. He's also an aspiring sculptor/architect so I can see him always trying to shamelessly advertise himself.

Also I agree that soap towers are cool neccessary..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:56:07 pm by Zades »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »

I wanna be lighthouse caretaker!

Cuz, there's no port without lighthouse, yes?

So, hauler for now, and then maybe mechanic? Dunno how you wanna keep the fires on.

Give me as much lonesome and unfriendly male dwarf you can find and I will be happy :)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 02:28:25 pm »

lignite block=fire

Or a Sof/fire imp/fire man enclosed in windows.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2010, 03:49:17 pm »

I wanna be lighthouse caretaker!

Cuz, there's no port without lighthouse, yes?

So, hauler for now, and then maybe mechanic? Dunno how you wanna keep the fires on.

Give me as much lonesome and unfriendly male dwarf you can find and I will be happy :)
I'm assuming you just wanna name the dwarf Haspen?

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2010, 03:50:32 pm »

I wasn't expecting this much interest on the build requests, but that's ok. I'll put the status of each one up when the status changes.

Edit: I have an excellent idea on how to get the lignite block on fire. Very excellent indeed.... Mwahahahahahahahahahaha.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:54:56 pm by Beanchubbs »

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2010, 04:02:39 pm »

Have my guy make an art museum, out of cast obsidian (or just dig one out of the ground, so it looks like it was built above ground and visible from the port). It would have engravings made by 100killer9 behind clear glass windows made by him.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6