Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fractal Fortress Designs  (Read 10545 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Fractal Fortress Designs
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 12:02:05 am »

Doing pseudo-fractral settings isn't really too difficult, you have just to pick how many symmetry axis you want and do everytinhg repeated in mirror. It works quite good actually.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fractal Fortress Designs
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 01:27:02 am »

For creating/viewing fractals, I like the aptly-named Fractal Explorer

For those who want automatic circles, I've been using a combination of Quickfort and this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's based on code posted here by Rysith that I modified to make it easier for me to use. It's still very unpolished, requires AutoHotKey, and you have to alter most of the variables by hand, but the I think the comments do an OK job of pointing out what to change.

Best of all, this one uses ControlSend, so you can (sort of) switch/use to other programs while it's running. I've found it's best to stick to light web browsing, as using the keyboard too much, or doing anything too strenuous can cause it to get de-synced.

All credit goes to Rysith for this thing. I've made some cosmetic changes, but the core algorithm is untouched, mostly because I can't for the life of me understand how it works.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:29:43 am by orbcontrolled »
Pages: 1 [2]