Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: 5th Lords of Creation OOC thread  (Read 7167 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: 5th Lords of Creation OOC thread
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2010, 10:53:00 pm »

Herald are really not that impressive.

Of course not, they're a free unit thats only use is to deliver messages.

but in noway unique or even special besides being a favorite of the god
they would still have to avoid death if they tried to give a message to a enemy

Er no. Depending on how the god wants to RP, the herald is effectively mortal and can appear and disappear at their masters will (if their master is not a demi-god.) However they are not adept at fighting against a god (or exarch or god-ish)and will fail, they can and fight pretty well against mortals, so they are not over powered. So basically, a Herald is an immortal RP tool.

Herald->exarch->God-ish->God

Er no.

It should go herald -> God-ish -> Exarch -> God.

A god-ish has no CR and thus effectively fight well against gods, it has no use in a fight other than as a RP tool. An exarch has basically 1CR (abstracted from their 'counts as a battle artifact') and can fight against a god (albeit not well) and in most cases defeat a god-ish creature. A god-ish creature is basically a really powerful mortal, a really powerful exarch is a really powerful mortal, given gifts from their gods (varies from god-to-god, exarch-to-exarch.)

under the rules here they are technically demi-gods.

No. Really, no.

They're a hero god, I'd also bet the god-ish creatures are a little weaker since they don't gain AP, and do not have a primary domain.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:56:55 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2010, 11:10:44 pm »

Yes, meant for attacking morals, in Dnd (which as far as I am aware of this games is loosely basted on.) Heralds tend to be 15-20 CR critters or people. therefor they could kill most non-epic things, gods of courses are epic and cannot be killed by lowly heralds.

Also I disagree that Exarchs are stronger than God-ish, true in this system and for this game they are, but in actuality God-ish are demi-gods, as in a rank, not like Hercules was a demi-god. Exarchs are powerful but they are not much more than trained attack dogs for gods, demi-gods tend to be so much more and if not for the rules of the game they would be able to gain in rank and use AP.

So as far as the rules of the game go Exarchs are stronger. But I strongly disagree with labeling them as such for Roleplaying.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2010, 11:26:46 pm »

But I strongly disagree with labeling them as such for Roleplaying.

Er no. The rules are the structure for the roleplay, the roleplay of the game must follow the rules of the game, if not you start getting serious god-modding [in the context of LoC]. If according to the rules an exarch is stronger than a demi-god, they are stronger. If two creatures are not defined within the rules as stronger than each other (i.e. god-ish and heralds), then you start debating about their strength in roleplay. Let me put it another way, an exarch is as powerful as ONE army. They are not simply heroes are heralds.

but in actuality God-ish are demi-gods, as in a rank,

No, look back at the table I posted. God-ish creatures are in the hero-gods rank, because of their 0DR. And as I said before possibly weaker.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2010, 11:36:05 pm »

Hum, now I see, for some reason every time I looked at that chart before I did not see the hero-god category, I only saw the demi-god and I thought that it went from 0-5. I am now truly embarrassed and rebuked for defending a position that is clearly wrong, I beg your pardon Emperor_Jonathan and I will try to pay more attention in the future. A exarch is stronger than a god-ish.

:-[

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2010, 11:37:48 pm »

That's alright. I had to double-check myself. Debate and questions are always welcome, it keeps everyone in check.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2010, 06:24:26 pm »

Cool.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2010, 07:13:27 pm »

This was probably over looked in that so I though I would re-post it.

Can I grab the forging domain? I have:

Forged a plane.
Made weapon crafting.
Made Metal crafting.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2010, 09:16:00 pm »

If it was up to me I would say that the plane seems pretty forgey and the other actions seem sensible. But I don't think that it is up to me...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2010, 09:20:37 pm »

Sounds fine with me.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2010, 11:05:21 pm »

Sounds good, remember to grab a related portfolio domain.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2010, 11:50:48 pm »

Sounds good, remember to grab a related portfolio domain.

It is really late over here and I think that I am misunderstanding you, do you mean a Portfolio Element?

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2010, 02:04:28 am »

Yes, sorry.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2010, 05:36:01 pm »

Just so everyone knows, there currently isn't any nighttime. Parts blocked out by the various floating masses are in a constant state of penumbra, but otherwise, no. If anyone takes the moon domain or anything, we need to work out how the whole day/night thing works, considering the world is an infinite flat plane, orbiting is out.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2010, 06:44:06 pm »

I have four suggestions

1: Do we need a night time? See death gate/Night fall.

2: Dark side of the son maybe?

3: Stop putting your crap on the plane that was going to be hell but every one started playing on it for no reason. I think it is traditional to use the prime but it seems we are not doing that.

4: Not my problem, my plane has a day and night cycle.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2010, 08:15:22 pm »

Woah, hell?

I thought the floating continent and infinite ocean WAS the prime, and that the humans lived on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'll fix it as soon as possible.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9