Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]  (Read 37776 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DAY 2]Aztec Mafia
« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2010, 04:30:52 pm »

Dude, I'm still here >_>  I'm not going to spam just so I can look active in a game everyone's ignoring.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 26, 2010, 04:34:45 pm »

I know. I was mostly talking to everyone else.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 26, 2010, 04:40:22 pm »

I'm here. I agree with most of what has been determined on plans for
the priest.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 26, 2010, 04:42:21 pm »

I was pretty busy today, but I'll start working on a post now  :-[  Shouldn't happen again.
The fish are watching.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2010, 05:31:34 pm »

Maybe they tried to sacrifice you, but the scum is a roleblocker and protected you! (:

Roleblocker (Celebrator) is a town-only role.

<snip>
Better yet, we could set up a circle and see who dies. Since scum can only kill one person, and any priest that sacrifices the scum will die, we could get it down to two people, essentially, because the scum will kill someone and one of the priests will die.

What exactly do you mean by a circle?

Let's see...

- Zai: unknown
- Rolan: probably town
- RedWarrior0: incredibly lurky; has contributed nothing - suspicious
- Rooster: late entry, ignores previous posts; passive, lack of content - suspicious
- MagmaDeath: lurker, very little content - suspicious
- Pandarsenic: unknown, mildly lurky
- Vector: the great unknown, very little in the way of attacks d1
- ExKirby: town?; not all that much content
- Rolan7: probably town
- webadict: seems fairly town to me, but when reading past mafia games I had about a 20% success rating in reading new-webadict, so I suppose that makes him scum :P

In other words, I suspect pretty much everyone at this point, but: MagmaDeath and Rooster really should start actually hunting scum, and RedWarrior0 has some explaining to do in addition to that. Why were you gone for most of the game? who do you think should get the noose today?
The fish are watching.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2010, 05:47:11 pm »

Care to throw a vote in anyone's direction, or is passiveness the go-to trait today?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2010, 05:50:19 pm »

Day 1, I was 500+ miles from home. Today, I haven't had much to contribute.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 26, 2010, 05:52:10 pm »

Day 1, I was 500+ miles from home. Today, I haven't had much to contribute.

Mind looking over the thread and seeing if there's anything that jumps out at you, then?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #248 on: January 26, 2010, 06:00:59 pm »

I'm having connection problems-I can post from my DSi, but it's not really suited for content.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2010, 07:42:50 pm »

- Rooster: late entry, ignores previous posts; passive, lack of content - suspicious
- webadict: seems fairly town to me, but when reading past mafia games I had about a 20% success rating in reading new-webadict, so I suppose that makes him scum :P

You got me in there twice, once as Rolan.  Just FYI.

I'm also curious about the circle, Webadict.  What does it entail?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 26, 2010, 07:58:35 pm »

The circle uses the fact that the mafia is different from the town, and looking at the, it can be possible to figure out who didn't do what he/she was supposed to.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 26, 2010, 08:13:57 pm »

You got me in there twice, once as Rolan.  Just FYI.

I'm also curious about the circle, Webadict.  What does it entail?
It involves Roleclaiming (Or even just claiming sacrificing role), basically. We all claim who we're sacrificing (Choosing separate targets), and then we look for priests that have died from the sacrificing. The person that wasn't sacrificed was scum, obviously.

Although, I've been thinking about it and it seems like a worse and worse plan, since the scum could claim a sacrificing role and hide.

The circle uses the fact that the mafia is different from the town, and looking at the, it can be possible to figure out who didn't do what he/she was supposed to.
This. But, RedWarrior0, why weren't you posting Day 1? You lurked the entirety of Day 1, only to come in at the beginning of the Day Day 2. Org posted saying you had time to respond to the PM prod but not any to post. My understanding of that is that you were too busy posting in QuickTopic with your ol' pal dakarian to post here in meaningful discussion. You had plenty of time to post and still refused to.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »

Thank you to JaaSwb and Webadict for FoSing people but not voting.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 26, 2010, 08:57:01 pm »

<snip>
It involves Roleclaiming (Or even just claiming sacrificing role), basically. We all claim who we're sacrificing (Choosing separate targets), and then we look for priests that have died from the sacrificing. The person that wasn't sacrificed was scum, obviously.

Although, I've been thinking about it and it seems like a worse and worse plan, since the scum could claim a sacrificing role and hide.

Doesn't this only work if scum is hit by a sacrifice? If only townies are sacrificed, it exposes the priest's identity without getting us much closer to the scum. Except for confirming the deceased as a townie, that is.

If the priest claims, it looks like we must hit scum that day, or lose him.

Maybe it would be useful to resurrect part of Solifuge's plan - design a mechanism for town to decide who gets sacrificed by the remaining priest, thus effectively giving us two lynches and allowing us to positively identify Cortes if he exists and takes out the priest.

Also, if we have a roleblocker, he could block whoever's up to be sacrificed and save the priest's life (just in case there is a third scum - dakarian's PM might have had the word partner in it, but the vanilla Aztec one also says we should "Help bring about the underminers of this great civilization", so yeah..)

This. But, RedWarrior0, why weren't you posting Day 1? You lurked the entirety of Day 1, only to come in at the beginning of the Day Day 2. Org posted saying you had time to respond to the PM prod but not any to post. My understanding of that is that you were too busy posting in QuickTopic with your ol' pal dakarian to post here in meaningful discussion. You had plenty of time to post and still refused to.

What he said.

Thank you to JaaSwb and Webadict for FoSing people but not voting.

How is that more useful, by the way?
The fish are watching.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2010, 09:03:38 pm »

Votes cause pressure.  FoS's don't cause much pressure.  Pressure causes scum to crack, which is what we want.

The best tactic is generally a subtle combination of voting-induced pressure and wholesale intimidation.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29