Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]  (Read 37784 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [DAY 2]Aztec Mafia
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2010, 03:49:52 pm »

In a Mafia, facts are the best thing to have. Thing is, we don't have any. ...And why wasn't I sacrified? I clearly said to sacrifaice me!

...Actually, scrap that. That's WIFOM, which is the last thing town needs.

Maybe they tried to sacrifice you, but the scum is a roleblocker and protected you! (:
So does Neruz need to sacrifice someone to talk to himself? :D

Ok but seriously.
If guess we probably have a ritual priest, since we had a death priest and we haven't seen any of the "special effects" high priests can cause. 

The ritual priest has to sacrifice every day.  I suggest that we agree on a single target for the ritual priest to sacrifice each night.  That way, if he hits the Cortes, we know.  This sounds like a perfect job for ExKirby, since he so kindly volunteered, thanks ExKirby (:  Any objections?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2010, 04:01:02 pm »

On second thought, even better than sacrificing ExKirby, we try to find a scummy person for the priest to sacrifice.  Use it along side the lynch, maybe agree to sacrifice whoever's second-most-voted-for?

The important part is that we know who the priest is sacrificing, so we win if he kills himself on Cortes.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2010, 04:04:35 pm »

@web: I am where I am, and that's where I am.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2010, 04:43:38 pm »

@web: I am where I am, and that's where I am.
So glad to see you!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2010, 04:48:59 pm »

On second thought, even better than sacrificing ExKirby, we try to find a scummy person for the priest to sacrifice.  Use it along side the lynch, maybe agree to sacrifice whoever's second-most-voted-for?

The important part is that we know who the priest is sacrificing, so we win if he kills himself on Cortes.
So long as the scum don't NK the priest. But yeah, that would work.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2010, 06:05:12 pm »

I actually like this plan.
But what if we vote someone, and that person is like "wait I'm the priest, don't lynch me"
what do we do when someone claims?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2010, 07:34:30 pm »

So long as the scum don't NK the priest. But yeah, that would work.
Better yet, we could set up a circle and see who dies. Since scum can only kill one person, and any priest that sacrifices the scum will die, we could get it down to two people, essentially, because the scum will kill someone and one of the priests will die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2010, 07:45:42 pm »

Scum wouldn't know who the priest was of course, that's the beauty.

I actually like this plan.
But what if we vote someone, and that person is like "wait I'm the priest, don't lynch me"
what do we do when someone claims?

Good point.  If the would-be-lynched claims to be priest, then we switch lynch-target with sacrifice-target.  Order the real priest to kill whoever claimed to be priest.  If he doesn't die, he was telling the truth, and while he'll probably get NK'd the next night, at least we didn't waste a lynch on him.
She/they

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2010, 08:40:24 pm »

3 players gone, that gives us... 8?

one priest dead and only cortes left?
Simply FoS Rooster for now, before I get an answer to this and I don't have time to look back through the topic:

MOD: Is Cortez guaranteed to be a role used by someone?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2010, 09:04:05 pm »

No. No roles are ever guaranteed.

10 players btw.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2010, 09:13:48 pm »

Kay then. That's what I thought, wanted to be sure.

one priest dead and only cortes left?

Rooster, the only people that could know there even is a Cortez in this game are the scum. So why are you saying that there definitely is one here if you're not scum? Also, I don't believe Org every disclosed how many scum there are. So how do you know there's only one left?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2010, 09:24:22 pm »

Zai, he was probably making an assumption.

Anyway, why not go with the circle idea?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2010, 09:28:01 pm »

Zai, he was probably making an assumption.

I DON'T BUY IT.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2010, 12:17:41 am »

All right.  Here's how it goes:

Vector - me.  Been acting fairly random, I suppose.
Zai - pretty much cleared from interactions with Dakarian
Pandar - unknown
Rooster - suspicious--more later
Rolan - probably cleared
RedWarrior0 - suspicious due to lurking
ExKirby - probably clear due to dakarian
JaaSwB - probably clear
MagmaDeath - suspicious
Webadict - unknown

Here is the entirety of MagmaDeath's posts:

JaaSwB, Why are you spanish scum?

Unvote
Vector, why are you so stupid?
Solifuge, don't edit your posts.

Pandarsenic, why have you shown up to provide anti-editing laws, but are not engaging in RVS?
Webadict, if you had to or were able to sacrifice a player, whom would you sacrifice and why?
Solifuge, MASSIVE OMGUS, and WIFOM.
 Why?

And solifuge makes another no content post.

So, MagmaDeath.  Who do you think is (the remaining) scum(bucket), and why?

Now, for Rooster...

Well that's just great, Solifuge. You just packaged an OMGUS with WIFOM when the Random Voting Stage has just started. Way to go. Very useful to town.

Rooster is definitely scum, guys. I mean, really? He still hasn't posted? Obvious scum lurking.

Also. Yea. No specified amount of scum. Great.

Zai, did you really skip over an actual scumtell in order to lurker hunt 3 hours after the game begins?

This looks like shielding from Dakarian, which makes me worry a bit about Rooster's scumminess... especially in light of a couple other posts:

I'm confused.
No, I really am.
For one thing I don't know who hasn't been voted yet, but I guess I'm too late for random votes.
Pandarsenic you're always scum. Or I had the bad luck of seeing you only that way.
There are more than one sacrificers in this game if I understood correctly. If you were spanish who would you kill first, or leave and hope for them not to kill you?

He randomvotes with a passive softener, even after he said he was too late to randomvote.  Further, he seems to be passing over everything that anyone else had said, which means that he's either too noobish (unlikely, given his play in BMVI) or can't see any scumtells due to being scum.

Neruz okay, so far so good, but town should joke about being scum.
It's far more likely for scum to do that, but on this forum nothing is normal so...

Further attacks are equally passive, with more backpedaling.

I believe we have found scumbucket number 2.  Rooster, go die.

As far as RedWarrior0 goes, I'm a bit worried about his lurking, but he's been doing that in other games with the excuse of being elsewhere IRL.  If we don't turn up the scum pretty soon I think he deserves a closer look, but for the nonce I'm willing to lump him with Pandarsenic and Webadict.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2010, 04:25:27 pm »

I am tempted to warning prod everyone. Get in here. Its been nearly a day of no posting.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29