Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]  (Read 37759 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: [DAY 1]Aztec Mafia
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2010, 04:32:00 pm »

Sorry. I thought I said it.

But it makes it easier.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2010, 04:32:21 pm »

<.< Because Org is being Anal Retentive, once more with feeling!

Unvote No-Vote, Vote Neruz

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2010, 04:36:52 pm »

The problem I have with it is this: if you aren't going to get into a deep argument with me then what ARE you going to do?  you NEED to debate my points and bring up points of your own in order to read me.  Otherwise, you're just voting for me without finding out what I am.  I take note that for all of your saying that you'll avoid "over the top arguments" that you decided to continue anyway.  That's because, in the end, you much scumhunt.

Sigh, i'm fine with debating and discussing dak, what i'm not fine with is escalating arguments. What we're doing now is alright, but if you start trying to take this into mindless ranting territory i will pull out.

The Day 1 BIG arguments in Paranormal 12 led to forsaken determining that you are scum: an idea he held until the end of the game.  If anything, the biggest mistake was on the town putting both of you to the backburner "we'll deal with the situation later".

Indeed, ignoring you would be a mistake, which is why i'm being careful to not repeat forsaken's error.

the quotation marks aren't your words but similar to aka.  In long terms it's "This is what I believe you really mean."  It's an accusation of your motive, not a quote on your post.  Your ACTUAL words are the quotes above.  What I believe accuse you of is the 'quotation marks' below it.

In which case try saying that is how you interpreted my post, instead of deliberately using subversive negotiating techniques to sway people to follow you without thinking.

So yes, I know you SAID that you don't want to wear down the town with a big argument.  However, I believe you said it just to try to escape the argument and go after someone easier (like, say, Solifuge).

Yes, i dropped it to go after someone easy, which is why my vote remains on you and i continue to rebut your acusations. EXCELLENT LOGIC.

Btw, deciding to just drop most of my argument is cute, but Dodging the Question.  Instead of trying to misread my argument, how about actually addressing them?

If i were to start rebutting your lies, that would be giving them attention they do not deserve.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2010, 04:38:12 pm »

Hm, it just occured to me dakaran, you seem to be oddly unconcerned with the fact that we have ovbious hardcore lurkers. Normally you'd be going after them like webadict.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2010, 04:41:31 pm »

PROD sent to Red.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2010, 04:42:57 pm »

Neruz, it's probably inexperience talking, but I can't see much wrong with voting someone who is being very scummy for reasons already discussed extensively. I feel every aspect of your scum-ness that I can see has been touched upon. But I'll mention the most important reasons I'm voting you:

- You engaged in rather blatant bandwagoning, consistently trying to pass it off as a random vote. If that's true, you really need to start reading before you post.
- You appear to be much more concerned with survival than trying to find actual scum.

By the way, RedWarrior0 has not posted in a very long time, and may need a prod. (sneaky sneaky Org :P)
Rolan and ExKirby, you should really post some more content.
The fish are watching.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2010, 04:43:51 pm »

Ok, Dak. At your orders, I will try to minimize the use of doubt in my posts.

Soli, I am really not buying any of your defense. You're backpedaling, bandwagoning and trying to minimize the number of scum killed. No lynching ang getting all vanillas to claim is only trying to nuke the town from the inside. Hell, you may have just asked everyone to claim power roles! Stop playing scum so obviously.

Hell... I'm doing it! I'm scumhunting!

PPE-Neruz, I'll run you over in the morning when I won't get ninja'd.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2010, 04:51:40 pm »

Soli, I am really not buying any of your defense. You're backpedaling, bandwagoning and trying to minimize the number of scum killed. No lynching ang getting all vanillas to claim is only trying to nuke the town from the inside. Hell, you may have just asked everyone to claim power roles! Stop playing scum so obviously.

WHERE DOING THIS MAN! WHERE MAKING THIS HAPPEN!

Need I say it again; I'm quite content with being sacrificed tonight, especially if it gives Priests a measure of protection, but sacrificing self-claimed powerless Aztecs is a TERRIBLE long term strategy. I admit that, being the original proposer of the idea.

It is better to have the Priests take a stab at someone scummy, and hope they hit the mark. Otherwise, we will literally guarantee that we kill ourselves, with no chance of taking scum down with us.

We need to lynch someone, and Priests need to take a stab at sacrificing scummy folk. I concede that that includes me, and indeed offer myself for the purpose. Just somebody put Neruz or Webadict down when I role-flip, please.
ur doin it wrong.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2010, 04:57:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unvote RedWarrior0. Vote Solifuge. My God.

I'll be sure to mention it. First of all, you're not even TRYING to defend yourself. That's not playing to win. That's disgraceful. You've got a total of (Less than or equal to) three votes on you in a 16 player game. That's nothing. And you're being useless and having no evidence is just... terrible. You only started going after me when I picked at you.

You're just trying to deflect from yourself, instead of simply defending yourself. Your only defense so far has been, "Whoops. Sorry. My plan sucks hardcore lemons."

Actually i'm more than a little surprised that webadict is currently lining up with me. Normally he and i end up somewhat at odds. If it wasn't for the fact that web looks like he's playing his usual crazy town game i would be rather concerned.
Are you not town? Because if you're scum, I ain't too opposed to you. Plus, if you're not lynched today, the way you're acting will probably get you sacrificed tonight. I think you'd be better playing like you WERE scum, because you're being a moron.

Neruz, it's probably inexperience talking, but I can't see much wrong with voting someone who is being very scummy for reasons already discussed extensively. I feel every aspect of your scum-ness that I can see has been touched upon. But I'll mention the most important reasons I'm voting you:

- You engaged in rather blatant bandwagoning, consistently trying to pass it off as a random vote. If that's true, you really need to start reading before you post.
- You appear to be much more concerned with survival than trying to find actual scum.

By the way, RedWarrior0 has not posted in a very long time, and may need a prod. (sneaky sneaky Org :P)
Rolan and ExKirby, you should really post some more content.
One, this is the first Day. There's no way bandwagonning is going to happen that fast. Those are very much newbtells. And I do consider Neruz a newbie. If/when you lynch him and he comes up town, I'm going to say told you so.

And I asked for the prod like 2 pages ago. This is the reason I make Rank requirements.

Ok, Dak. At your orders, I will try to minimize the use of doubt in my posts.

PPE-Neruz, I'll run you over in the morning when I won't get ninja'd.
Congratulations. You actually scumhunted. But Solifuge ninja'd me into tell you that he's taken back his terrible plan. But, he's still scum.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2010, 05:03:38 pm »

Thanks.

...Wait a second. I forgot the vote. Vote Soli. A mistake cannot be covered up by words. I found that out the hard way on multipul occasions.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2010, 05:14:43 pm »

I've already explained my stance, and anyone literate, who understands English, and has at least half a brain can see WHY I have little investment in my personal survival; it is core to my strategy for helping my damned team!

Why the hell are you lynching me? I couldn't give a damn if I'm suspicious because I was trying to be. I LITERALLY WANT TO BE SACRIFICED. I am not acting out of self-preservation; I'm acting out of strategic altruism; I am a better target for sacrifice than others.

Perhaps alll-caps is more akin to your first language, Webadict.

I advise no one else make such a claim, since its usefullness decreases exponentially after the first turn, lest the scum get a sense for who has powers, and who does not.

I would be thrilled if I was sacrificed tonight to prevent a negative effect from lack of sacrifice... but don't waste a perfectly good lynch on me.

Moreover, I fully expect my words will have a good bit more clout upon my role-flip tomorrow. Web and Neruz are preserving themselves at all costs, engaging in reckless FoS-ing, and getting danmedly bitchy.

High Priest or Death Priest, please sacrifice me. Ritual Priest, it'd be awesome if you took out Web and Neruz in a dualshot if they make it through today.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2010, 05:24:29 pm »

P.S. If you were trying to make me lose my cool, you just about did it.

To the impending bandwagon, I say this: Rawr.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2010, 05:48:49 pm »

I've already explained my stance, and anyone literate, who understands English, and has at least half a brain can see WHY I have little investment in my personal survival; it is core to my strategy for helping my damned team!

Why the hell are you lynching me? I couldn't give a damn if I'm suspicious because I was trying to be. I LITERALLY WANT TO BE SACRIFICED. I am not acting out of self-preservation; I'm acting out of strategic altruism; I am a better target for sacrifice than others.

Perhaps alll-caps is more akin to your first language, Webadict.

I advise no one else make such a claim, since its usefullness decreases exponentially after the first turn, lest the scum get a sense for who has powers, and who does not.

I would be thrilled if I was sacrificed tonight to prevent a negative effect from lack of sacrifice... but don't waste a perfectly good lynch on me.

Moreover, I fully expect my words will have a good bit more clout upon my role-flip tomorrow. Web and Neruz are preserving themselves at all costs, engaging in reckless FoS-ing, and getting danmedly bitchy.

High Priest or Death Priest, please sacrifice me. Ritual Priest, it'd be awesome if you took out Web and Neruz in a dualshot if they make it through today.
Okay, well perhaps you want to die, but your strategy for doing it is stupid and terrible. And the fact that you're solely going after the only people that are going after you (Well, maybe excluding ExKirby) isn't helping you at all. You can sacrifice yourself, but making yourself look scummy is stupid. Looking like scum is stupid, because one of the scum can kill people that sacrifice them.

And your strategy is pretty much completely backwards. It's much better to actually sacrifice the roles that need to sacrifice if you're worried about long term. Not that it's helpful, but they're very burdensome. I mean, when you have 3 or 4 scum and a billion killing roles, it's going to end with like two scum dead, and then the next Day, we'll need to lynch the rest. Lynches are MORE important in games with multiple town killers, because you get most of the information from the lynches and they can save people from lylo.

So, being an idiot isn't helpful, and being a sacrifice requires that you're not the retaliating scum, some being scummy is just making a handful of WIFOM for everyone. So, stop it. If you're going to whine, then get out or die. Stupid baby.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2010, 05:51:14 pm »

I come up with terrible reason for bandwagoning. Obviously, I'm either a complete dumbass or scum. I prefer to think scum because I don't consider myself stupid. Just because someone already has some votes on them doesn't mean I can't "randomly vote" them. I mean really, do I fail at RVS or what?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2010, 05:55:04 pm »

Very clever Zai, you may have a golf clap.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29