Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]  (Read 37727 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: [DAY 1]Aztec Mafia
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2010, 07:08:57 pm »

Vote Count
Vector-
Zai-Dak, Rolan
Neruz-Vector
Pandar-
Rooster-
Dakarian-Zai, Neruz
Rolan-
Solifuge-magma, pandar
RedWarrior-Webadict
ExKirby-Rooster
JaaSwB-
MagmaDeath-
Webadict-
No vote-Solifuge
Rolan on Dak, silly head.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2010, 07:12:25 pm »

Vote Count
Vector-
Zai-Dak
Neruz-Vector
Pandar-
Rooster-
Dakarian-Zai, Neruz, Rolan
Rolan-
Solifuge-magma, pandar
RedWarrior-Webadict
ExKirby-Rooster
JaaSwB-
MagmaDeath-
Webadict-
No vote-Solifuge
you say NOTHING

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2010, 07:16:37 pm »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2010, 07:18:51 pm »

Vote Count
Vector-
Zai-Dak, Zai
Neruz-Vector
Pandar-
Rooster-
Dakarian-Neruz, Rolan
Rolan-
Solifuge-magma, pandar
RedWarrior-Webadict
ExKirby-Rooster
JaaSwB-
MagmaDeath-
Webadict-
No vote-Solifuge
you say NOTHING
7 ppl to lynch

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2010, 07:19:19 pm »

Actually, no. Whoever has the most votes. I dont like majority.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2010, 08:27:25 pm »

Your vote was the fourth vote after your initial randomvote well after most of the town has stopped randomvoting.  If you didn't have a good reason to do that, then you weren't randomvoting but bandwagoning.

My vote fell on solifuge at 12:42:11 forum time, if we discount Vector's vote for me at 11:57:27 (which i think was a randomish vote, since he voted me for being 'trigger happy' then the previous random vote would be at 10:20:13 with Rolan7, or possibly at 09:53:02, with Pandarsenic.

2 hours on a forum is nothing, i'd say my first vote caught the tail end of the RVS, and my solifuge vote was perhaps a little off the end, but considering it was made whilst discussing Solifuge's spanishosity and my frenchishness, i'd say the ovbious RVS tone should be easy to see.

Besides, why in the world WOULD you randomvote someone who already has spoken quite a deal and has a bandwagon on them?  You randomvote to get someone to speak up or to gather a read from them.  Was Solifuge too silent for you?  What read would you get from "spanishslipped'? 

The spanishslipped comment was inrelation to this;

Alas, my secret is revealed! Quickly my brothers, convert the Natives. Christiandom must prevail!

It was a joke. Me being silly, ja?

You are normally a meticulous player and miss no details,

Last time someone tried to paint me as something like that they flipped scum, IIRC. 

Thanks for the wine.

I can only do one of two things at this moment dak. I can conclude from your posts that you are a complete idiot and really suck at reading people. Or i can conclude that you are scum and going for what you hope is an easy lynch, considering how stubborn you are being about not noticing ovbious things like the joking atmosphere surrounding the vote and the fact that you actually came out and used some light, but deliberate WIFOM on me, scum is the more likely choice.

When i then remember that you are dakarian and quite good at mafia, i have to erase the 'idiot' possibility, because you are not an idiot. That leaves me with only the scum possibility.

Right now you look like you're doing an almost perfect copy of your stunt in Para 12, which worries me a little, since you did that to draw attention off your scum buddy and onto yourself.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2010, 09:06:43 pm »

Sorry, the vote wasn't random.  It was for pursuing a random-vote on Solifuge, who had already amassed quite a bit of a bandwagon.

Had you just mentioned that in passing, it would have been a jokey sort of thing.  As-is, it's bandwagon-hopping.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2010, 09:15:36 pm »

RVS isn't based on time: it's based on intent.  Once the town starts picking up reasons to attack someone, even weak ones, RVS ends.  Over half the town is already at that point.  Meh, the three people voting for Solifuge before you left RVS to go after her. 

Futhermore, the bigger issue is the part you DIDN'T answer: the point in trying to play at being random.  You plopped a 4th vote on someone who already had 3 people going after her with real accusations.  Random voting isn't just for play. It's to initiate conversation, get the ball rolling, and to prod the town into discussion.  A 4th vote on someone with a bandwagon who was already very active is NONE of this.

What's more, you came late: there was already a good deal of conversation before you came alone.  Are you telling me that after studying the thread so far there was nothing real to discuss and NOONE that even caught your eye?  Are you also telling me that instead of random voting someone who didn't have any votes on them (a traditional policy of RVS), or someone who had little attention paid to them you decided that making a joke vote on someone who already had a pile of votes was the most effective scumhunting technique you could muster?

I don't believe it.  What makes more sense is that you attempted a bandwagon in the mists of your jokes and got caught for it, so it 'became' your RV.

On the wine:

It's a meta argument you are throwing at me, and one I'm very bothered about.  I had a few games where people tried to make me look like some 'perfect player' who 'never makes mistakes'.  The last one, I believe, was in uPick with CobaltKobold, who really was scum. 

The point is, it's faulty meta based on what you THINK I am, not what I am or was.  I call BS on any claim like it and, given the last big fight over it, mark it suspect when an attempt to mark me 'untown' based on it is made. 

So yes, the situation gets Wine filled, though I did not start it.  Instead, I demand you PROVE I'm what you say I am or else I dub you a liar.

Lastly, a perfect copy of Para 12?  Describe just how I was then and how I'm acting like it now if you please...

..because right now your bandwagon looks horrible, your defense of said bandwagon didn't help, and your attempt to attack me is meh. 

Unvote
For all of that, Neruz I believe you are scum.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2010, 10:43:26 pm »

Neruz is scum, guys. Getting caught bandwagoning cannot be excused by "it wer randm gaiz jeez stp b'in idiuts." Sorry, Neruz. It just doesn't work.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2010, 10:47:03 pm »

Aaaaand RedWarrior0, where are you?

Anyone wanna tell me how he got into this game?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2010, 10:49:05 pm »

Org?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2010, 10:52:32 pm »

I wish lurkers simply fell over dead.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2010, 11:29:55 pm »

I'm not going to play the little argument tunnelvision game with you dak. I can see where this is going, and i'm going to pull out now. It's an excellent tactic to initiate while scum, but i'd be an idiot to engage in over the top arguments while town.

Oh, and dak, someone has caught my eye in the thread; you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2010, 11:31:39 pm »

I'm not going to play the little argument tunnelvision game with you dak. I can see where this is going, and i'm going to pull out now. It's an excellent tactic to initiate while scum, but i'd be an idiot to engage in over the top arguments while town.

The problem is that this just makes you seem more scummy.  You're saying you won't argue with him, which is how we get reads, which is how we figure out who is town and who is scum.

Who do you think is scum, and who do you think is town?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2010, 11:40:12 pm »

Oh no, i'm fine with arguing with him, i'm just not going to let it escalate out of control like i did with forsaken in P12. Escalating arguments are a terrible thing, as it makes all the other players tired of it, so they start ignoring both parties, which is exactly what the scum want.

At the moment, my votes are for Dak and Zai scum, Dak for the reasons i've already mentioned, and Zai for apparantly using the reason "I don't believe you were being silly" as a reason. Now, if that is true, Zai has either never interacted with me before, or he's an idiot. I know the first to be false, and i'm fairly sure that Zai is not an idiot, ergo the logical conclusion is that his 'reason' is false, which means he has an unspoken ulterior motive, which usually means scum.

I feel it's also impotant to point out that Zai has not actually contributed anything to this discussion, dakarian has at least tried, Zai's total contribution has been two posts which, when distilled, amount to "Neruz is scum gies."

Finally, dakarian, i do not believe you are a perfect player who never makes mistakes. In fact i happen to know that you have scumslipped badly several times in the past. I do, however, know that you are usually a very analytical player and you usually back up your votes with solid analysis and reasoning.

At the moment, your analysis and reasoning seems to amount to "I don't believe you. You cannot have made a random vote because I say so, and the last time someone tried the 'dakarian is a good player' argument, that person turned out to be scum. Therefore you are scum as well!"

If you can't see the logical holes in your argument dakarian, then there is no hope for your scum game.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29