Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]  (Read 37760 times)

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DAY 2]Aztec Mafia
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2010, 09:11:26 pm »

Ah right. Somehow I managed to keep that in mind day one, then completely forget it after the complete surprise that was the last night. Pressure.

Something I just noticed:
MagmaDeath hasn't been active in this thread since the 21st. A prod may be in order. I'm also voting him, because he has been active elsewhere on the forum.
The fish are watching.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2010, 09:14:55 pm »

Oh shiz. One prod coming up.

Thanks.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2010, 09:24:33 pm »

Votes cause pressure.  FoS's don't cause much pressure.  Pressure causes scum to crack, which is what we want.

The best tactic is generally a subtle combination of voting-induced pressure and wholesale intimidation.
Voting is also a last-ditch effort. To give out votes willy-nilly makes them not nearly as powerful as they ought to be. You make people seem so puny with their words. Pressure isn't about seeing that red word. It's about making them answer the question and looking for the right ones.

<snip>
It involves Roleclaiming (Or even just claiming sacrificing role), basically. We all claim who we're sacrificing (Choosing separate targets), and then we look for priests that have died from the sacrificing. The person that wasn't sacrificed was scum, obviously.

Although, I've been thinking about it and it seems like a worse and worse plan, since the scum could claim a sacrificing role and hide.

Doesn't this only work if scum is hit by a sacrifice? If only townies are sacrificed, it exposes the priest's identity without getting us much closer to the scum. Except for confirming the deceased as a townie, that is.

If the priest claims, it looks like we must hit scum that day, or lose him.

Maybe it would be useful to resurrect part of Solifuge's plan - design a mechanism for town to decide who gets sacrificed by the remaining priest, thus effectively giving us two lynches and allowing us to positively identify Cortes if he exists and takes out the priest.

Also, if we have a roleblocker, he could block whoever's up to be sacrificed and save the priest's life (just in case there is a third scum - dakarian's PM might have had the word partner in it, but the vanilla Aztec one also says we should "Help bring about the underminers of this great civilization", so yeah..)
Yes it does only work if the scum is hit by a sacrifice, but being in a circle should would allow several people to be sacrificed at once.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2010, 09:26:56 pm »

Votes?
Rooster[2]-Vector, Zai
MagmaDeath[1]-JaaSwB

So, 1 RL day left. Rooster will die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2010, 09:29:16 pm »

Um, Extension until we can get some more folks in here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2010, 09:31:44 pm »

Second the extension request.
The fish are watching.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2010, 09:33:50 pm »

Me three

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2010, 09:35:42 pm »

6 to have an extend(majority)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2010, 09:38:33 pm »

6 to have an extend(majority)

Oh, COME ON.  If there's so many people who aren't even showing up that you're considering mass prods, this is truly absurd.  Either start prodding or give us an extension, please.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2010, 09:39:11 pm »

Fine. 4

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2010, 09:39:29 pm »

Extension, Org.

Do it.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:47 pm »

Boom! Friday. 9:30. PM.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2010, 09:57:59 pm »

Awesome, thanks.

In retrospect, ruining track records is probably not a good idea.  Even so...

DUDES, get in here and talk to us.

Votes cause pressure.  FoS's don't cause much pressure.  Pressure causes scum to crack, which is what we want.

The best tactic is generally a subtle combination of voting-induced pressure and wholesale intimidation.
Voting is also a last-ditch effort. To give out votes willy-nilly makes them not nearly as powerful as they ought to be. You make people seem so puny with their words. Pressure isn't about seeing that red word. It's about making them answer the question and looking for the right ones.

Well, yes.  On the other hand, I remember when I was new scum and any vote could make me jump a foot in the air with pure fear.  Perhaps most people aren't quite as paranoid as I was, but I consider votes an useful pressure tool.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2010, 10:00:52 pm »

@web: I was, as I stated, away for the weekend for all of day 1. I responded to the prods here and in Bellsounder with an iPod using a McDonald's's free internet. Have you tried to type much on one of those things?

Anyways, I'm gonna reread the thread.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2010, 10:07:19 pm »

@web: I was, as I stated, away for the weekend for all of day 1. I responded to the prods here and in Bellsounder with an iPod using a McDonald's's free internet. Have you tried to type much on one of those things?

Anyways, I'm gonna reread the thread.
I'm glad it took you until me pushing you to read the thread, despite being back for how long?

Also, iPods have internet these days? In my day, we had these things called computers that hooked up to your phone line to download bits of data at ridiculously slow paces. There were only 26 websites, and 22 of them were owned by Al Gore.

Awesome, thanks.

In retrospect, ruining track records is probably not a good idea.  Even so...

DUDES, get in here and talk to us.

Well, yes.  On the other hand, I remember when I was new scum and any vote could make me jump a foot in the air with pure fear.  Perhaps most people aren't quite as paranoid as I was, but I consider votes an useful pressure tool.
I'll show you then, won't I?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29