Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Human Settlement  (Read 1825 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Settlement
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 08:55:54 am »

If you're just planning on updating to .31, most of the stuff that you've done shouldn't be that different, aside from the nobles system (which will probably take you some work, as vanilla humans are very basic in that regard). Fire arrows are now a lot harder to do properly due to the fact that damage types no longer exist, but you can now adjust the name of any profession you like rather than just *man ones.

The slavery thing is tough. You won't ever be able to get it to completely work without Darius' tool, and that itself is very ad-hoc. You may, however, get it to partially work, although I've only managed to do so once and haven't really tried to reproduce it since. It'll take some experimentation.

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 07:06:12 am »

Most of my old goals will be dropped. Now that .31 is out, I'm going to go for different (and IMO better) features.
500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 04:33:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure adding [METAL_PREF] or whatever is on the dwarves' entity to any race will give it a preference for metals.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 04:38:44 pm »

That won't, however, let them use deep metals. Specifically, METAL_PREF makes the civ use the best "mundane" metal it can use for equipment, and seems to have an effect on trade goods as well.

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 07:55:45 am »

Currently my only gripe with metals is the fact that they use bronze and steel. I removed the steelmaking reactions from humans, so that should take care of that, but they're quite ironless. Which makes anvils a problem, to the point where I might just let bronze be used for anvils.
500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.
Pages: 1 [2]