Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adamantium King  (Read 1046 times)

ydirbut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adamantium King
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:53:20 pm »

I just struck Adamantium recently in one of my forts. I got the message that the king arrived dressed as a peasant about a year ago. However, he never "decloaked" so to speak. I have a peasant who is listed under my manager on the assign screen, so I assume he is supposed to be my king. But he is still listed as a  peasant. I don't have anybody listed on the noble screen. Looking at the civs. screen, I noticed that my parent civ. does not have any leaders listed. Does anybody know what could cause this?

snaggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantium King
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 02:01:46 pm »

The peasant most likely isn't your king, but is instead part of the migrant wave your non-existent king was supposed to arrive in. To my knowledge, if a leader or liaison dies ingame, they won't be rechosen.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:06:17 pm »

Blockedlances is based on a mad phsyco queen who was reelected when the old one died.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 02:14:52 pm »

Your king arriving "disguised as a peasant" does not mean you get a peasant dwarf who is actually your king. It means you get your king, as the regular noble with all his requirements and so on, but you don't get his spouse or entourage.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 03:13:27 pm »

Blockedlances is based on a mad phsyco queen who was reelected when the old one died.

That was giving a dwarf the custom title of queen, not actually appointing a new one through game mechanics.

For the OP, you might check the unit list for deceased units, among which your king might be listed if he somehow died in an accident or went mad without your noticing. I'm pretty sure the peasant king will still be listed as a king rather than a peasant in the noble screen.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:15:56 pm »

You may have a non-dwarven king, too, which are rather bugged.  I believe a non-dwarven king will be listed as "friendly" on your units screen, and will simply hang around on the edge of the map.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 03:28:17 pm »

It's not just non-dwarven kings; it's kings (or queens) of any race that are not part of your civilization.

Of course, that tends to mean elven or human kings, but it could also be a babysnatched dwarf who then took over your civ, for example.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 03:31:26 pm »

That was giving a dwarf the custom title of queen, not actually appointing a new one through game mechanics.

For the OP, you might check the unit list for deceased units, among which your king might be listed if he somehow died in an accident or went mad without your noticing. I'm pretty sure the peasant king will still be listed as a king rather than a peasant in the noble screen.

Huh I didnt know that
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 03:34:52 pm »

And just to be clear, if your king dies, there's nothing on the noble screen to indicate that you once had a king. darkflagrance post is a little unclear about that. You have to go through the units, and you'll see 'Urist McNoble King Deceased'.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 05:28:25 am »

Also, in the OP, you said that you had a peasant listed under your manager; your manager is not your king. If you meant under as next in the list, then I'm baffled, if not, then you just have a peasant who has been assigned as your manager; i.e. the guy who deals with the Manager screen and ticks the tasks.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme