Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Fifth (?) Lords of Creation  (Read 10583 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth (?) Lords of Creation
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2010, 08:15:46 am »

Markoth pondered what he should do. And he thought to himself that he could not do enough. So he changed that.

Actions:
Evolve Physically: 3AP
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2010, 12:53:16 pm »

Drun-j'bal reveled in the unexpected power that worshipers gave him he felt himself growing. Then he went down to his high priest and told him of a vision a way to lead the people fairly and justly.

Raise Divine Rank: Drun-j'bal is DR7 and maxes out his Battle Smith class. 3AP

Teach populous: Code of laws, the tribe under Hig-Ur-Kurthal, now the Kurthal tribe has a strict series of law defining power, rights, and conflicts. 1AP
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:44:20 pm by Criptfeind »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2010, 05:40:29 pm »

But Wayock waited still, his strength grew as he waited. It was almost time for his mark upon the world to come.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2010, 07:45:09 pm »

Hollow floated down to where his child slept, guarded by a loyal group of soldiers and noting how his first son wasn't doing as commanded.He created another Godling, this one in better control of his powers and under command of The Hollow.
He wanted to test his First Son,so he sent his Second to challenge him.He did not claim this boy but put a vision of power and glory into his head while he slept.He also put a vision of a unknown man in his mind, a dark haired,shifting one who was blocking his path to glory.

Spoiler: Story (click to show/hide)

The Hollow One watched this with interest, he suddenly grew in power and after the pain subsided, he smiled the same maniac smile as his son.'
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 09:32:18 pm »

With the guardian protecting the Ringworld, its creator twisted into the background, and grew.

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:31 am »

I have awoken, to oversee the natural world. I shall care for it, and see it flourish.

I shall begin by improving on the nature that currently covers the worlds.

Spoiler: Torva Silva (click to show/hide)
tl,dr; Torva Vis 'speaks' to a tree, offering it greatness in return for never helping civilization and its agents. The tree agrees and Torva Vis turns it into the behemoth Torva Nemus and creates the great forest Torva Silva around it.

Action: Mold Land: Create Torva Silva. 1/3 AP used.

If you want to mess with Torva Silva/Nemus, please ask me first.
Long Live United Forenia!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2010, 05:00:56 pm »

Markoth called to Torva Vis. "I have a challenge for you, he declared. If you can send your forests across the ocean to my people's archipelagos, and their trees claim themselves on the island, I shall give you a reward. But if my people are cunning enough to destroy your trees, you will have to reward me.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2010, 04:51:25 am »

Torva Vis heard the calling of the ocean god, and he replied;
"I shall accept your challenge. Shall we say, that I may make three attempts to spread the trees of Torva Silva to your lands, and that if you repel each attempt, I shall give you my power for a period (turn)?"

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2010, 08:10:50 am »

"Very well then."

Markoth began to examine his island species, the avenues of attack, the choke-points at which he could hold back his opponent's forest. This was going to get dirty.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2010, 11:54:25 am »

The first attempt.
Torva Vis reached down into Torva Silva, and pulled up several strong trees* from the earth. Then he set them afloat upon the infinite ocean.

Torva Vis, to Synk.
"Wind-god! If you will blow my driftwood to the island homes of the Mith'Kari, you will have my friendship!"

(edit:*strong tree, in this case, is about 50 meters tall, and has a diameter of 3 meters)

Torva Vis was bored, and Torva Silva undefended. So he reached into the woods, and started moulding dirt and twigs into animals. Wolves, deer, rodents, birds, everything that the forest would need to function.

Action: Create Populace: Forest Animals. 3/3AP used.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:32:06 pm by NUKE9.13 »

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2010, 06:50:32 pm »

Synk, to Torva Vis
"If you wish I will blow the driftwood wherever you see fit. But I will ask for you to return the favor one day."
And with that, Synk unleashed the winds on the Infinite Ocean.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synk then turned his attention to his Storm-kin. He appeared before each of his Storm-kin in a vision. This vision lasted but an instant but in that instant, he taught his Storm-kin something they had earned the right to know. He taught them how the Cycle of Life and Death. He taught them one additional thing, the promise of life after death. What his Storm-kin beleived was that he was offering them a place to exist after they had died, and Afterlife. What he was actually offering was a bit more grim.

As his Storm-kin died from Sweeping Madness, combat, the terrain, and other causes; they were given a second chance. Their bodies, some ancient and decaying and others only recently dead, rose from their resting place and began to walk again. Some bodies had been stripped of everything but the bones. Synk magically bound the bones together, and gave the spirit of the bones' previous owner the power to control and manipulate them. If the body had decayed beyond recovery, Synk simply gave the spirit a semi-corporeal form. It could act on the world of the living but its ability to do so was limited. Synk watched as his creations learned of the undead creations. Most acted with looks of horror until they realized that the grim being possessed the soul of a loved one or friend. The mind of the risen body, skelton, or spirit was the same as the mind of that being when it was alive. The only real change was the physical form that being took.

In essence, Synk had kept his promise, they did live on after death...it was just in a somewhat different form than the Storm-kin had anticipated.

Summary
Teach Populous (2 of 3 AP): Cylce of Life and Death
Create Populous (0 of 3 AP): Simple Undead
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:19:32 pm by The Willow Wisp »
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2010, 11:44:58 am »

The Hollow One smiled his dark smile and wandered down to his son, who he taught how to build a empire, how to conquer and crush,how to keep it together.
He then commanded his son to conquer as much as he could.[/i]

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2010, 12:26:31 pm »

Spoiler: Repercussions (click to show/hide)

Torva Vis had not completed his side of the bargain with Torva Nemus yet. The tree was more powerful than a mortal, but it lacked stopping power against a divine power. Nor was it really much more than a very big tree. So Torva Vis returned to the tree. There he wove wards of defence which, as promised, he tied to the fabric of reality itself, as that an attempt to destroy them without untangling them from reality first would cause- at the very least- severe damage to, well, everything.
Then he observed the spirit of Torva Silva, which was barely more complex than that of a regular tree, and he poured power into that too. The spirit grew, slowly, until it was as the spirit of a human (or equivalent). And then it grew more, and more, until it was a spirit that was as complex as that of a small god.
And then he simply granted power to Torva Nemus, as that it could out itself. It was weak and pitiful power, even in comparison to the weakest god, but it was power that outranked by far the power of any mortal.

((Action: Create Exarch: Empower Torva Nemus. 3/3AP used.))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2010, 03:46:28 pm »

Wayock looked down upon the many races. Empires were being formed while many were dieing from battle. It was battle, but it was not warfare. There was no finesse to the battles, just two sides meeting and hitting each other with clubs until the other dies or retreats. So he went down to the human race, who seemed to be the best at propagating ideas between the races, and he taught them. He taught them strategies in an overall war, tactics in an individual formation. He taught them to construct weapons to slash and stab at their and he taught them to construct armor, to defend themselves. Almost, Wayock though to himself. Almost his idea would not be an idea no more.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2010, 04:03:40 pm »

((My people allready had weapons, just to clarify.
The Hollow one watched as his Son's army ripped into the miltia,even though they hard armor, it was still simple for the stronger and battlehardend Darkling army to destroy their enemys and with his son using his Powers Over Nothing to litterly dissolve anything he wanted, the Empire was growing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12