Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Fifth (?) Lords of Creation  (Read 10588 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth (?) Lords of Creation
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 01:20:09 am »

Lanis, having nothing better to do, decided to observe his creation,

The Grey Expanse.

Normal gravity.

Timeless.

Self-contained.

Highly Morphic.

Majorly Negative-Dominant.

Enhanced Magic (necromancy)

The grey wastes are an endless, shifting expanse, covered in what appear to be the ruins of ancient, strange cities that fade into mere rocks up close. The land is a strange ever-shifting waste, with places of relative normality isolated in the middle of the strange mists and fogs that obscure most of the realm. Wander too far away from these sheltered spots, and the landscape becomes even more terrifyingly strange. Dark swamps, filled with dead plants that devour the living, hills with tunnels in the sides leading down to sunless seas filled with monstrous sleeping things with no discernable shape or form. Not a nice place at all, really.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 11:22:43 am »

The Hollow One took some Nothing from the void and began condensing it into the form of a sword. The Hollow One swung the blade once and smiled.
    "I shall name you Abyss."
The blade glowed dark for a second as if approving the name.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 12:01:46 pm »

Lanis looked upon the expanse, and decided that decay needed servants, creations that were smart enough to make sure that the cycle of decay and regrowth proceeded as it should.

So it was that he span out of oblivion the Wraiths, strange in their varying form, but uniformily slightly larger then a man, and humanoid.... even if only bearly. They were born knowing that they served the cycle, but coming from oblivion, a shard of it is still present in all of them. This shard is aware, and seeks to make them give in. None have done so yet, but just what happens if they do is not a question that anyone wants answered.

(create populous: 2AP Teach populous concept: Eternal Cycle. 1AP)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 12:40:14 pm »

The Hollow One chuckled as he examined the Wraiths and chuckled.

The Hollow One to Lanis
      "Nice craftsmanship on the wraiths...would you like to make a bet with me?"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 12:43:18 pm »

Lanis, to the hollow one.

"What kind of bet?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 12:46:13 pm »

The Hollow One grins.
"I will you serve you for the next cycle if you can find your way out of my maze in twenty four hours.But if you cant you will serve me for the next cycle.Deal?"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 12:48:54 pm »

"Ah, child of oblivion, you have yourself a deal."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 12:52:17 pm »

"Good. I will cancel all the traps."
Floats into the realm of the Maze and waits from Lanis.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 12:54:03 pm »

And so, Lanis entered the Maze, moving towards its center. Where he found the hollow awaiting him.

"And now, let it begin."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 01:03:43 pm »

"Of course you cannot fly,or move through walls, all those powers have been stripped.Good luck.You'll need it."

The Hollow one slowly chuckled and left Lanis in the center of the maze.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 03:33:46 pm »

AP:2 Create Populace

"Hee hee hee, I will need subjects to fill my quota of pratical jokes. Let's make this fun!"

Suddenly, many humanoid creatures popped into existance onto The Fool's land. They were hunched over, and grinned at eachother. They were snide and sneaky, and with that they were perfect for him. Goblin, impish creatures.

AP:1 Teach Populace

Then the Imps knew what they were meant for, Zyklin taught them what he knew about theft, jokes, and everything a jokster would care about.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 04:40:39 pm »

Lanis' Plane, The Infinite Ocean

Markoth

"I need a people to carry on my work when I am tired... I shall make a people."

He shaped the People, but they were not just any ordinary humanoid. These were the Mith'Kari, amphibous lizard-people, whose pacifist tendencies were only surpassed by their curiosity and intelligence.

"They will need ideas too, so I shall not have to guide them every step of the way."

And he gave them ideas, simple pictures and thoughts, melding them, until they thought of each other as comrades, and began to band together. Tribes formed, and the basis of civilization had commenced. They were an industrious people, and they occupied most of the southern archipelagos, far away from the floating continent. He was most certainly pleased.

ACTIONS USED THIS TURN:
Create Populace: 2 AP
Teach Populace Concept-Civilization: 1 AP
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 08:31:37 pm »

Drun-j'bal was not perfect, he knew this, but he also know that he should always strive for perfection and so as the other gods started to make their planes and living things he retreated inside of himself meditating and contemplating.
~The tales of creation, The Kurthal Kingdom.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:39:53 pm by Criptfeind »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 01:24:41 am »

After wandering the endless corridors of the Maze, Lanis had to admit that he, as a being concerned by the finite, was well and truely stumped by the infinite reaches of the Maze.

Lanis, to Hollow: "Very well, I give in. You win."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 02:30:03 am »

Wayock paused and thought. He was a conquerer, a warrior. Not a creator. Yet he had to create, to build up what was to come.

Wayock went unto the flying continent, scattered across the continents he placed Humans, he taught them construction. Soon settlements sprung.

Soon war would come.

Spoiler: ACTION (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12