Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Fifth (?) Lords of Creation  (Read 10590 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth (?) Lords of Creation
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2010, 10:24:46 pm »

Drun-j'bal to Kur'hadish

Well, altough the outer layer of the disk would support the craftsmen of my worshipers for many many years to come, I do not plan to let them live here forever. At lest I do not plan for most to live here forever. I have concentrated here, true but I do not plan to wallow here forever. I shall in time expand my horizons and my worship someday, perhaps someday soon. At that time the Kurthal will go though many trials and tribulations in the end they shall find a new home out among the other sentient races. This plane suites them well but it is not a place for mortals.

If you would tell me my friend why are you asking?

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2010, 12:51:05 am »

((I'd like to make a suggestion, can we all please use italics for descriptions and quote marks (" ") for speech.))

And so Wayock went down upon the continent, he entered Torva Silva and found a small tree, a sapling. He dug under it and took it from the soil it was planted, flying higher and higher until he was upon his moon he placed and planted the tree. Soon the tree spread, spreading Torva Silva through the moon. Yet his work was not done. From the earth a sentient being was formed. Muscular, with four arms and four legs. They would perhaps been described as 'Muscular Maggots'. They were the Ger.They were immensely powerful, yet steady enough to be careful and thoughtful. He spread them through the forest ad always he taught them of first, Torva Silva. The spirit of the forest, to respect her and conserve her. He taught them of Torva Vis, rebelling against civilisation. He taught them of himself, he taught them to listen to him, to worship him. And so he went to where that first sapling was, and there he raised wood a mud until a great house was built. This, was his palace.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2010, 03:36:25 am »

((Fair do'es))

Kur'hadish to Drun-j'bal

"Curosity for your answer"

And with that he departed, thinking as he moved to his plain.

It didn't matter, his problems were a lot further down the line and he would deal with them as they appeared.

His creatures had moved to a tribal existance, banding and working together. They lived peacful lives and had such not accomplished much. So he set about creating a foe, something to rival and fight against.

With this he took a portion of his creations and transformed them, making them bulkyer and more heavly defended, replacing there hands with claws. He took his origanl design and made it purposly for war.

He set his new creation down far away from his other creations.

He also set about making preditors to test both sides. He spawned many deadly beasts directly from the moauntain, making them tough, fast and a will to survive by any means neccasary.

Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2010, 06:42:18 pm »

The Hollow One smiles and take a piece of the void, this he forges into a realm, a completly flat surface. The ground in the realm is a fertile black ash and under its heavy piles of earth and stone is a massive well of the purest Nothing.

((Is markoth still 'round?))

The Hollow One to Drun-j'bal
"We are both crafters, you craft metal and I craft the Nothingness. Wayock, will turn mine and your great creations to war, would you like war to wreck the great crafts that you have created? And don't say that it won't, wars spread until they engulf all in their path, like a great fire and if Wayock defeats me he will look to other realms. Would you like your land turned to a desolate wasteland filled with slag and with your people in chains?!?"

The Hollow after finishing his message then turned to the place that was Visaedes and created a portal there that led to the great island chains that belonged to Merkoth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:47:20 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2010, 07:32:26 pm »

Drun-j'bal to The Hollow One

"It is true what you say, war can engulf all. But what do you suggest? Conflict is part of life, it is unavoidable and necessary. I may not condone War but it shall come that much stronger if I try to stop it.

I shall not allow war to destroy all, if it comes to that I shall bring my vengeance upon the aggressor to stop it."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2010, 11:04:10 pm »

Wayock to The Hollow One, to Drun-j'bal.

"Ha! Do not mistake my intentions for it may be disastrous. I do not seek to destroy all."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2010, 11:14:19 pm »

Drun-j'bal to Wayock

"Than I shan't have to destroy you."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2010, 09:49:25 pm »

Drun-j'bal was worried by all this talk of war. He looked at his creations and saw they were strong, but not strong enough. He went down to the best smith of his people and sent him a dream, a dream of taking hold of the raw soul stuff of Incarnum and folding it in to the weapons that he makes. These new weapons were power brimming over with Incarnum they would do well to protect his people.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2010, 05:02:06 am »

Insects buzzed as people flew through the air, and scurried through their tunnels. Their world was running low on new mysteries to explore. Soon they would seek new possibilities.

Raise Divine Rank: Wheel
Gain Portfolio Element: Passages
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2010, 08:47:06 pm »

The phoenix containing the essence of Nehaz let out a screech, and the stone around it's feet shined a brilliant yellow. Through the entire mountain, bits of stone began to shift color to this brilliant metal, radiating the energy of the sun. Veins of if began to shoot through the mountain, from the highest peak to the base.

The bird nudged a pebble near it's foot, causing it to tumble down the mountain and into the village at it's base. The villagers would see it, and come to the mountain in search of more. Indeed, before the next sunset, a bald human carrying a fairly large stick approached the Phoenix's lair.

He saw the glint from below the ledge, and carefully made his way up the treacherous pass.

"Fear not, mortal. I am the source of that which you seek."

The villager prepared to fight as the bird unfurled it's wings.

"I shall not harm you nor your kin. You shall tell the others in your village of the gold in this mountain, and you shall say that I wish for them to make wondrous things from it."

He dared not deny the giant bird, so he gave it a reverent nod.

"For each piece of sunlight you find in this mountain, there are a hundred under your feet. In time, this will be all that is left in this mountain. The land is poor, so I will show you how to thrive from it."

The great bird took flight, and soared off into the distance, to examine the rest of the floating continent.

Mold Land (Put gold in the mountain) 2/3 AP remaining
Guide Populous (To collect gold from the mountain) 0/3 AP remaining
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2010, 12:46:59 am »

Synk turned his attention back to the war on his plane. The Storm-kin had pushed the undead legion back and had taken all their previously seized land back. Upon seeing this, Synk smiled. The Storm-kin had passed the final test.

The Storm-kin had ont only pushed the undead back, but they had also slain all but two of the Lich lords. But the two remaining Lich lords had mastered all forms of Arcane magic on the plane. So they could finally end the war, Synk taught the Storm-kin a new kind of magic. This magic called upon the same type of magic that he used, in much smaller and less potent forms. With this magic, the Storm-kin had a weapon that the undead and Lich lords didn't have access to. Soon the Storm-kin developed a way to fight they undead with powers unique to this type of magic. The war ended soon after that, with the storm-kin overpowering and overwhelming the undead.

The undead lords had fallen but the undead continued to grow in number. When someone died from any cause they would eventually come back as an undead. Little did the Storm-kin know, the plane itself was turning the dead into undead. These undead were different from those that came before, they didn't possess the minds of their former selves nor the ruthless aggression of the horde; they were simply there. They were to serve the plane itself. Protecting it from anything it deemed a threat. Every once in a while, a new Lich would even rise. The Lich possessed the mind of one of the previous lichs but not the ability to control the undead. They too would serve the plane.

What was once a ar was now a constant, but passive conflict between the two forces.

Synk then sent his herald to the Storm-kin, to teach them of himself and the other gods. He decided to let them make the choice of who they would worship, since he could always force them to worship him if need be.

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:00:17 pm by The Willow Wisp »
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »

The smith god look at his creations, build with flesh and powered by souls they made him glad he was a creator. They we the most complex of all his creations. They hopes and dreams, personality are flaws. All this came from the a most ingenues source, souls, the source of power for living things, acting like tiny bits of divine power in each living thing. Drun-j'bal looked down upon the source of it Kish-j'bal the Shining one, a almost unthinking fount of power created by Drun-j'bal hand. Drun-j'bal went to Kish-j'bal and looked deep into the pit that was the source of souls, he contemplated souls and their power. what Drun-j'bal saw no one knows but he was deeply moved.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2010, 09:40:20 pm »

As the Ringworld rotated a great furrow was carved beneath its surface. The edges formed into smooth walls of the sturdiest of materials, impervious to the planet's heat. The interior formed into endless rows of shelves, many stories deep, with regular stations, fit for studying or writing. Great spiralling shafts grew out of this place and emerged into many of the cities of the Ankheg, and a few into places not yet excavated. Mighty seals formed over the entrances to the place, that, once closed, could only be opened from within.
 Knowledge of this place came to some of the people. In a moment of dizziness they would realise a purpose. These people formed a society, dedicated to preserving knowledge within this new place, and swearing an oath to make any sacrifice to prevent harm from befalling the accumulated texts.

1Mould Land: Ringworld: Great Library.
3Create Organization: Ankheg: Sages of the Wheel: Loremaster.
5Gain Portfolio Element: Wisdom.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2010, 06:52:10 am »

Soon word spread about Wayocks action witht he creation of the moon. Soon he is called the Moon God, that he is not the moon itself, but the light shining from it.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2010, 05:21:45 pm »

Synk realized that the magics that most mortals could now wield were powerful, and needed some form of moderation. He called forth the five most powerful Arcane and the five most powerful Divine magic users and gave them all a unique power. The five Arcane users were given the power to control and manipulate magic to their will, and were told to ensure that no one group had any more powerful magics than any other. The five Divine were also given the same power and mission over their respective magic.

Synk spoke to the five Arcane casters and explained to them how they will rule or all things arcane. The arcane energies that flow through them will sustain their lifeforce; but, should they abuse their power, Synk will deny them any access to the Arcane and they will wither away in a matter of seconds. Their bodies would age normally until they reached a venerable age, and then the aging would simply cease. Should one of the Five casters die, the other four will pick a replacement from a race other than that of the recently deceased. This would ensure that no one race could completely control magic.

Synk then appeared before the council of Divine Spellcasters. He told the that they will place their faith in Synk and worship him and one other god of their choice. They would then lose their mortal bodies and become nigh invincible ghosts. They would follow the same procedures as the Lords of Arcane.

Synk then told them that they would be allowed to teach a select few individuals the unique power of using both Arcane and Divine magics. Two of these chosen few will be sent to each plane, should the plane or its master choose to welcome them, to work as messengers of the Councils. These powerful magic users would be called Mysitc Theurges.

Synk then told his plane to form a giant tower. The tower was in the shape of a robed humanoid with his hands outstreatched, as if casting a spell, and the hands were were the councils would reside. The Lords of the Arcane would reside in the left hand, and the Ghost Council of Divinity would reside in the right hand. Positioned in each hand were five personal chambers and a large meeting room that connected them all. In each meeting room, their resided a pool of water, these pools would allow each group to gaze upon anything not hidden by another god. The tower itself could become animated on the command of both councils, and it could wield magics just as the Mystic Theurges do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synk then sent a message to all gods.

"I recongnize that all of the creations have the capability to use magics, so I ask each of you to send one or two of your magic users to my Tower and they will be made Mystic Theurges. You may also put forth the name of one of your followers for a position on either the Ghost Council of Divinity or the Council of the Archmagi. Take this as a...show of good faith."

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12