Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wanting help with custom Civ.  (Read 574 times)

Zsword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wanting help with custom Civ.
« on: January 05, 2010, 12:35:04 am »

Hello, I'm a newbie here and to dwarf fortress and general (only discoverred this game last Saturday) and I'm want a custom Civ for Adventure Mode. While I can tell that this a rather simple procedure, making a new text file and all that, it's just that the SHEER AMOUNT OF OPTIONS scares the ever living elf-killing out of me! (I've been lurking for awhile, well a day or so) I was hoping to get some help with this, either by filling one of you in with what I have in mind, and you take care of all the [INSERT_WIERDTHING:HERE] hoopla that makes my head spin, or a nice template that I could work with that has the required basics and maybe descriptions of the not-needed but nice things.

I'd put a description of what I'm looking but I'd want to see if someone is willing to help before I waste my time.

Lobos

• Bay Watcher
  • I crush things.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanting help with custom Civ.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 01:55:22 am »

I could help you, but you need to provide the base creature at least, or something that shows your at least making an effort. A civ entity file would work just as well, and then I could make the creature.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:58:36 am »

Please waste your time and provide the info so we could reply accordingly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zsword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:19:39 am »

Alright. I had the more or less cliche but classic Idea of making Draconians (half-Dragons). A Low population, low interaction neutral society based in the mountains. Reptilian based, wings, flight maybe. (You could decide flight based on personal exp.) Works mostly with metals and a rather  militarealistic clothing base. (armor over clothing even for peasants). So... ya. that's a start atleast. i've been looking around and I know you can edit nearly everything about a race.

If you need more specifics feel free to ask...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:48:15 am »

You could use some search:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41576.0

You may have to swap some things around, such as main biomes (those are swamp-dwellers) or something else, but generally it's there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zsword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 02:58:15 am »

That's what I get for not doing a direct search. (I did more general searches, like custom Civ, Adventure Civ ETC) Thanks for pointing out something that saved a few people a lot of time.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 03:07:23 am »

Well, that's not a lot of time, but sure it works, so why not :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 10:04:59 pm »

I've been doing custom civs I even had a civ that had your idea (Armor over clothing) even the cloth was metal, if you like I could create this race for you, just need full idea of what you have in mind. Most like you'd have to PM me but ill check up on this topic sometime, unless of course you have figured it out and trying a hand at it ;D